Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 6:44 PM Last edited by Cyjon : 13th Mar 2014 at 2:51 AM.
Default Cyjon's Site Moving (March 22) [Move is now finished]
I'm moving my site to another host and right now any existing links to the site are going to go nowhere. This is because I set the site up stupidly and am suffering for it now.

Basically you need to strip "drupal" off any links you try to follow. So a link like "drupal.cyjon.net/node/42" will say it doesn't exist, but if you go to "cyjon.net/node/42" then it will be fine. I'm trying to set up the redirects to take care of this automatically but I'm having a little trouble with that.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 7:13 PM
I wonder if @Delphy might have some suggestions regarding the subdomain redirects, we have various of those on MTS.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 8:10 PM
Thanks for the mention @Nysha Cyjon, what webserver software are you using? Apache or nginx?

For Apache you can just add into your .htaccess:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^drupal\.cyjon\.net [NC]
RewriteRule ^/?(.*) http://cyjon.net/$1 [L,R,NE]

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 9:42 PM
Thanks for updating us on your site. I went there today, and when I couldn't get in I momentarily panicked. Glad to know it's still around.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 12:27 AM
Delphy, that would work if these servers were on this planet instead of Bizarro World. Redirects were basically bouncing all over the place. We finally managed to cobble together a solution, though I did so much voodoo debugging I can't even remember what finally worked. The internal links look screwy but they do the job so I think I won't touch it for fear of breaking it again.

On my site I have dozens more Sims 2 mods. These mods come with no support so use them at your own risk.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 2:53 AM
OK, finally got it all fixed thanks to tech support. Site should be fine now, though as mentioned I expect it to be slower on this new host.