Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 2:54 AM
Default How to break up with who my Physician's courting if they're away?
I had her flirt with someone who came in, and they started courting after a while. He left, and now has a different title, and won't come back. I've tried to get his marker to come up, but it always tells me I can't. It wouldn't really be a problem any other time, but I made my knight, and he really likes her, but can't do anything because she has a partner. Help?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heythere9002
I had her flirt with someone who came in, and they started courting after a while. He left, and now has a different title, and won't come back. I've tried to get his marker to come up, but it always tells me I can't. It wouldn't really be a problem any other time, but I made my knight, and he really likes her, but can't do anything because she has a partner. Help?

I think there are two things you could do in this case.

1) You could make the Physician invite over her "boyfriend" via p-mail (pigeon-mail at the Messenger post), and when he arrives, among the "Mean" interactions, you will find "Break up".

2) You could also make the Knight become friends with the Physician, and try Romantic interactions when their friendship is strong enough. Then among "Romantic" interactions the option to "Ask to break up with /name/" should show up, and the resoponse is likely to be favourable (see http://kepfeltoltes.hu/151023/tsm_b...ltoltes.hu_.jpg as an example). I guess this might not be working if the Physician is Chivalrous, though. Then I recommend the p-mail solution.

I hope that it helps. Good luck to your Knight in winning the Phyician lady's heart :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heythere9002

Go to the Pigeon Mailbox, and invite the sim to a location, the Tavern might be the best place, or the Trader's Lot, as sims are very attracted to these locations, which helps to get them to show their faces. If the character continues to refuse to come by your invite, then you might need to take drastic measures.

To take these drastic measures, you will need to install Grim's Medieval Core, if you do not already have it for your game. In Grim's Core, there is the ability to adopt ANY sim. Adopt the sim at the Mailbox since the sim is not within your physical presence. Then he will have NO CHOICE but to enter the kingdom. When sims are adopted, their new home is with the sim that adopted them, and so no longer live within the village.

The adopted sims entrance into the kingdom will begin immediately, so watch for him or her at the front gates, so as to catch them at their arrival.

Now, knowing you do not wish this absent sim to be your sims child, you must undo the adoption as soon as he or she had entered the kingdom. You may even want to take control of the sim to insure they do not try and walk out after you have reversed the adoption, and perhaps do all you need to do to set things aright in PAUSE mode of the game, so as to be free to take your time in doing any actions you need to do without the chance of a sim wandering away, and making it difficult to complete your tasks.

I had to do nearly this very same thing concerning the female entertainer and my monarch during The Incident, as she had gone back to the village prematurely before my monarch could view the "talent", and the game was not allowing me to bypass the task, for some reason. It worked like a charm, and immediately afterwords, she was assassinated by Xylan Darkswords blade. Justice prevailed after the hell she put my monarch and I through. It was the 3rd attempt to complete the quest. Enough was enough!

The task of adoption with Grim's Medieval Core is very simple, and so is the reversal of an adoption. It can be done with just a few clicks. Undoing and adoption can be done by clicking on the sim you wish to unadopt since they will then be in your presence.

Good Luck, and Grim's Core is on the site under downloads, if you need to install it. Take Care,

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.