Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 8:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Dark screencapture/video recording in fullscreen mode
I record my gameplay(sometimes) and take screencaptures using Bandicam in fullscreen mode, but when I do, it appears darker. When I run the game in windowed mode however, the brightness is normal when I take screenshots or videos! I don't understand why it appears darker when in fullscreen mode, is there something I'm missing here? I'm not too keen on using Fraps, because it generates very large files just for a few seconds of video.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 8:55 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 4th Jul 2017 at 9:14 PM.
If you use Bandicam, you've got no options. As far as I'm aware Fraps is your only real option - though you could manually edit your videos afterwards to correct the image quality if you're insistant on not using it.
Personally, I would - it's the easiest and least bothersome by far, and unless you're a hoarder of useless crap like me, it's easy to delete anything you no longer need afterwards.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 11:14 PM
Imagine being a mod here! Wouldn't do it if I got paid for it, in some cases.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Imagine being a mod here!

Ha, you wish. But the closest that you'll ever get to being a mod on here is by pretending to be one.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Are you serious? There's an exact same topic right at the top of this forum when you entered it.

Link

Yeah, I wouldn't have posted this if that thread had the solution that I was looking for. I came here to seek help for my game, not get talked-down in a very condensceding manner, but thanks for nothing anyway.
dodgy builder
#7 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 10:37 AM
The large files is because of the lossless format it's saved in. You just use an editing software of a kind and save it as mp4 or something. The files will be much smaller then.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flowr
Ha, you wish. But the closest that you'll ever get to being a mod on here is by pretending to be one.

I came here to seek help for my game, not get talked-down in a very condensceding manner, but thanks for nothing anyway.

Nice attitude you got there. Do you want to be helped or not?

insert signature here
Site Helper
#9 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 4:43 PM
In all fairness, there is a policy of asking each person to post their own problem. Granted: this problem is one where the solution seems to be "Live with it." But someone who dislikes that answer can be excused for hoping there is another one.

(And I agree that anybody who actually WANTS to be a mod rather than agreeing to do it because it's a job that needs to be done and Delphy already has too much to do probably needs an appointment with a Mental Health professional.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 6:11 PM
Nice attitude you got there. Do you want to be helped or not?

Nah, I think I'll pass. Speaking of attitudes, however..clearly both of us has them.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 5th Jul 2017 at 6:25 PM
Nah, I think I'll pass.

Could've decided that before posting then, couldn't you?

insert signature here
Site Helper
#13 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 3:15 AM

But it's so much fun to ask the same question over and over to see if you can get an answer which you like better this time.

(And if, in the entire history of the universe, that strategy has ever worked I would love to know about it.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Site Helper
#15 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 5:53 AM
Completely off topic: I've never seen that movie. I did see trailers for the second one, but I didn't see that one, either.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 6:27 AM
Could've decided that before posting then, couldn't you?

Yeah, now I've realized that I should have, my bad.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 7:22 AM
Actually solution is in there, if you bothered to read it. In fact, we covered "specifically" why some capture devices are darker and not exactly as you see on the screen.

I was bothered enough to read it, but perhaps I didn't do so thoroughly. I will read it again sometime.

No one is talking down to you, stop being triggered. I'm not upset at you or anything. I'm amused as always. This is my face when I posted:

Good to know, although I did get the impression of that at first. I figured that a simple link to the related thread would have sufficed.

I'm even more amused by how easily kids are offended these days. That deserves a double:

Flowr, don't be like that man, we cool. ok?

Sorry for being snappy, I guess I was wasn't in the cheeriest of moods when I posted the replies, so I apologise if that came off as rude or ungrateful. Which probably was. Yeah, we're cool.

That policy is a common policy in many forums for the purpose of not "hijacking" someone's thread. It is when you ask a completely unrelated help topic in another person's help thread. But generally if you need help on the same topic, you should post or "read" the thread in question so the forum is not spammed with the same topic.

This is why we have a help forum instead of our names being posted in a list and asking people to simply private message people when you need help. It even comes with a "search" function. However, when a topic is old and buried, we don't personally mind repeating it. But when the topic is fresh and actually the #1 on the recent top, it is pretty callous for a person to not bother making the effort to look for solution in the thread before creating a new thread.

And I do remember our last conversation. Notice I provided a link?

Thanks for the link and explanation, I'll try to keep that in mind next time before posting something on here(or on other forums).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
The large files is because of the lossless format it's saved in. You just use an editing software of a kind and save it as mp4 or something. The files will be much smaller then.

Thanks, I will do that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 12:54 PM
Wouldn't do it if I got paid for it, in some cases.

You know, I take back what I've said about you. Your lack of tactfulness and bold outspokenness is actually an admirable quality, keep them coming
Mad Poster
#20 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 3:34 PM
There you go. I get that we all have our moments when we can't and don't take much shit from others, but this is the internet, and you can't really expect others to understand.
I feel like being an asshole sometimes, honestly. I try not to show it, or post at all when I do, because I'll just get banned.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#22 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 4:18 PM
I haven't seen it.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#24 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 10:40 PM
I've been too busy watching movies I know I enjoy.
...and Baby Driver, a movie I didn't know I'd hate.

insert signature here