Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 3:12 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Everything gone, i have the folders can i get it back
Hey! So....this all begins with the fact that I have my sims 3 games on Origin, so ages ago I downloaded all my games, the issue was that they went on my laptop onto my onedrive accout! so I could only download so much stuff before it said I had too much. I had a lot of cc and many mods and had some games saved. I found out I to remove one drive! so what I did is first I backed up my folders by making a copy just in case. and when I had deleted one drive. everything I had disappeared and it was a lot of stuff too. so I tried to replace my mod folder, my dc folders my saved sims folders etc. with the other ones, I went to play the game as normal and although it clearly says its all in the folders, it isn't showing up in-game. and I really want it all back again. I can't bring myself to download over 1000 items. so can anyone help me, I've tried everything I can think of so far
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 3:07 PM
Keep your copies of your folders. (back them up if you're feeling extra paranoid)

Rename your Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3 folder to something like "Sims 3 not working"

Start the game. Let it completely load to the main menu.

Now look for a new Electronic Arts/ The Sims 3 folder somewhere on your computer. It will be wherever your Sims 3 game decided to park your User Settings now, and hopefully, they will be in Documents.so you don't have to hunt. (You can probably do a file search for something like "userPresets.package" or "DeviceConfig.log" to see where they went, if necessary.)

Now move the contents of your backed up folders into the new folders that the game created. If it made the folders it should have an easier time reading them.

And I hope this works for you.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook