Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 8:49 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 3rd Jul 2017 at 7:53 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Fraps not working
So, I just recently got the full version of fraps to film my sims 3 game, and before that I had the free version.
And everything was working fine, before I got the full version, when suddenly whenever I was filming, it was glitching as you can see below:
https://prnt.sc/fqstnn
And at first I thought it was because of the full version, because I didn't pay for the full version, I found one for free, but for my friends it works fine. So it can't be a bad download. But the thing is, it started glitching with the free version too, so I have no idea what it is. It started glitching when I started downloading alot of filming softwares before I downloaded the full version of fraps, so idk if all of the different filming softwares f'ed it up.
So it started glitching with the free and the full version. I don't know what to do, or who to ask, so I just went to the mod the sims..
I'm sorry if everything was all over the place
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 9:22 PM
Umm...

If you have a copy of the full version which you got for free, I'm not sure we can help you here unless your source is legitimate. "No warez" and "No piracy" are not limited to Sims games.
But it does seem to me that FRAPS might not like having both versions installed at the same time. It also seems that FRAPS customer service might be the best place to solve this.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 9:36 PM
OBS doesn't work with TS3, as far as I know. I've tried to get it to work endlessly, but to no avail.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
dodgy builder
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
OBS doesn't work with TS3, as far as I know. I've tried to get it to work endlessly, but to no avail.

That is interesting. Have you tried it with ts4 and that works, but not ts3?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 9:52 PM
Yeah, it works with TS4. But only if I record the screen, not the process, and since I play my Sims games in 1440p on a 1080p monitor, that means it's not going to capture the whole thing.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 11:49 AM
Well it doesn't, because TS3 always comes out too dark when the window doesn't record properly. And this recording is clearly darker than it should be.

insert signature here
Site Helper
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 1:44 PM
It looks fine on my monitor, but I've gone back to Oblivion so I've been getting used to the view in dark caves. I suppose that might make a difference.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
dodgy builder
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 2:41 PM
If darkness is the only problem, you can adjust that, at least in Adobe premiere.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 2:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
If darkness is the only problem, you can adjust that, at least in Adobe premiere.

Yeah, but then you're going to get distorted and/or compressed colours. All because a program can't record the game's render window properly? No thank you, I'll use Fraps then. Even if it'll take 200 gigabytes to record an hour of gameplay, which is ridiculous.

insert signature here
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#13 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 7:53 PM
Mad Poster
#15 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 12:28 AM
In terms of quality, that's certainly better, but to me it's immediately obvious that the dynamic range isn't very good. TS3 isn't the brightest, most eye-popping game in and of itself, so I'll need every bit of colour I can get.
OBS + gamma correction must certainly be good enough for you if you're not a nitpicking ant fucker, but I am.

So I use Fraps. Fraps runs off my C drive, an SSD, recording the game, which has its game data and documents on the D drive, another SSD, and it records onto the F drive (my 2TB HDD). Unfortunately my F drive's a bit full, because I rather like Fraps, so I'll probably get me a G drive soon.

I record in 1440p, of course, with ReShade and everything running as usual. Forget anything above 30 FPS, don't worry about anything below 15.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#17 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 2:09 AM
So I figured I'd shoot some clips too, but since I have more than enough old, suitable footage lying around, here's what it looks like on my end (sans the horrible compression):

(and yes, I know how horribly laggy the first clip is. It's much better now.)

insert signature here
dodgy builder
#18 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 10:27 AM
I thought Fraps had stopped being supported, that's what I read. I found OBS rather difficult to understand with all the settings. I usually deleted the videos I made with Fraps when I was finished. I haven't really made that many ts4 videos with OBS, so I don't remember. Could it be that OBS videos upload faster to Youtube? I guess it would if the files I get out of it is smaller, but I use Premiere as well ... hm.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 1:27 PM
I use Fraps, drag 'em into Premiere Pro, then put them straight onto YouTube. Used to use Movie Maker (like a pro) but it didn't support OBS's videos so I stopped using both OBS and Movie Maker.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#21 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 6:03 PM
Mine records in FLVs. I can't seem to change it, so I hope FLV is a bit of a good format. Don't want to end up like the days when I saved all my images as PNGs and wasted hundreds of megabytes (which was a lot at the time).

insert signature here
dodgy builder
#23 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 6:37 PM
Down under format probably in English, I have mp4, flv is another format option. I think I read somewhere it might have some benefits, I think it's a lossless format.

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#24 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 6:44 PM
You're right, it's right there. Thanks.

insert signature here
Page 1 of 2