Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 3:15 PM
Default How do I see the meshes in GMCD for SimPe?
Hi everyone, apologies if I didn't put this in the right board.

I'm encountering a problem in which I cannot see the meshes in the GMCD, I do have the Managed Direct X 9c installed, am I missing anything else?

Thanks everyone.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 3:49 PM
What happens when you press the Preview button? Is there an error message, does SimPE crash etc.?

Moved to Object Creation.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
What happens when you press the Preview button? Is there an error message, does SimPE crash etc.?

Moved to Object Creation.

I says loading geometric node or something like that and says loading some other stuff and then it shows on the right all the joints in colors like red, green, etc but the mesh still doesn't show? :/
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 12:49 AM
Did you make sure to tick the boxes of the groups you want to preview? Have you tried rotating the preview, in case you're looking at a one-sided mesh?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 5:13 AM
I don't think you can rotate the blue rectangle.
Instructor
#6 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 11:21 AM
Have you tried to preview several different meshes to see if you can at least one? You cannot rotate the blue rectangle, you have to try to rotate the space inside the blue rectangle to localize your mesh (use the mouse). What are you trying to see? Is it a mesh that you are creating self, a custom made mesh, or a game mesh? Are you sure that you loaded an object that Has a mesh? There are object packages that just refers to a game mesh but don't really have it in the package. Did you check that the mesh in the said package contains all the required items to preview it: GMDC, GMND, CRES, Shape and texture? If you are just learning how to handle meshes, try first to load a package you are sure works in game and then practice to have a preview. If it still doesn't work, check your SimPE settings to see if you have it correctly.