Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 11:42 PM
Default New pet food for new pet?
Well, I have been working on converting the Sims 3 dragons, based on the bird/birdcage from Pets. What I would love to add as a little touch is a new recolour of the food box, however, so that the dragons will be fed "dragon" food, not bird food. So I went ahead and cloned the food box, thinking I could just swap the GUID for the bird food with my new one. But what I got was not a single new object, but something with several gmdcs/creses/etc. and a single GUID. I am not sure where to go from here. Should I just delete the parts I don't need, leaving only the bird food parts? Or would anyone know of a different/better approach?

Thank you for reading.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 12:39 PM
Looking at the file, I *think* it would be safe for you to delete all the references to the dog/cat food box. When looking at it in the scenegraph, it show three separate trees. It looks like it chooses which box to display based on the STR resource, so don't delete that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Looking at the file, I *think* it would be safe for you to delete all the references to the dog/cat food box. When looking at it in the scenegraph, it show three separate trees. It looks like it chooses which box to display based on the STR resource, so don't delete that.

It works! Thank you so much. Without your help I'd probably just have given up.