Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2004 at 11:45 PM
Default Site policy on Wall/Floors Beta Tester forums
Hi All,

With the release of Homecrafter, we've seen absolutely tons of "Testers Wanted: 5 new wallpapers" appearing in the Walls/Floors forum.

MTS2 is a modding site - we have a download section for a reason and using Walls/Floors in Beta Testers to bypass that isn't acceptable. In future, if you want people to see your work, you can upload it to MTS2 as normal - with the understanding that we have a high quality level - or upload it to the Sims Exchange.

There's a reason we don't have a Clothing beta testers forum - becuase it's easy to do and everybody can do it. Now with Homecrafter, the same applies for Walls and Flooring.

With that said, I have turned off the Floors/Walls forum in Beta Testers. It was only really there becuase people where experimenting with floors/walls with phervers tool anyway.

Let me state again that MTS2 is a modding site and the beta testers forum is for testing new additions and functionality to the game, not to post wallpaper #647 or floor #94. The *only* possible exceptions would be where somebody deliberatly changes the flooring files to make a brand new effect - for example glass or semi-translucent flooring.

Thanks for listening,
Delphy
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Dec 2004 at 11:54 PM
Yay! So our downloads submissions will be going through now? :D
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#3 Old 21st Dec 2004 at 11:59 PM
Thanks for that, Delphy. When I get around to testing further, which won't be tonight, would it be correct to post them under "objects" in the beta section, or where?

RG
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 12:02 AM
Either objects or the normal Beta Testers forum itself is fine.

DawnKeeper, yup
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 12:54 AM
I'm wondering if this will happen for the recolored objects, too. Since so many people are doing them, and there isn't really much in way of testing, I am wondering if they will go too. However, they are still modifications since there isn't a Maxis made tool. Personally, I don't care whether they go or stay or when. Just curious.
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 1:28 AM
Of course you can all just submit your things to Spiffy... *props her halo up on her horns*
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 1:34 AM
so where should we put our floors and walls now? or is this saying we are not allowed to post them here anymore? :confused: i dont understand... what about the ones we alrdy posted?? will they be moved to the appropriate places, or are they basically "lost" now? thanks
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 3:14 AM
Mandababy2003: If you wish to submit floors or walls to MTS2 you may do so by going to the downloads section - Sims 2 -> Flooring, for floors. Sims2 -> Wallpaper, for walls.

If you haven't already done so, please read the announcement "How to upload files"
http://forums.modthesims2.com/announcement.php?f=69
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 7:11 AM
Thanks Delphy.
Finally there is something I can create for the game that I don't lose my patience doing.

Hope mine are good enough to make it to the downloads section.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 4:56 PM
I was just wondering. If a topic is refused by the Admins, will we get a PM stating so, just like if you were to get it approved?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Dec 2004 at 9:32 PM
Yep, you should Temporary.
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Dec 2004 at 12:22 AM
Necessary restriction.

Still we need someone (I don't have the skills) to examine the possibility of transparent walls and floors.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Dec 2004 at 1:07 AM
They can be done in the normal beta testers forum.