Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 8:43 AM
Default any ideas
ok i get bored while playing sims 3 and i look online for ideas and i try most of them but i would like some more ideas pls
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 9:46 AM
If you haven't done so already, you might consider checking out the Challenges threads here on MTS. You might get some ideas there, or play the challenges as-is, or adapt them to your own way of playing. When I get bored I start re-doing lots in the worlds I have installed. Then I get tired of doing that and go back to playing

http://sims3.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=564
#3 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 9:56 AM
What do YOU like to do? I have a house built around some video game characters I like, and it's fun seeing them all interact.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 7:17 PM
I'm currently having an awesome time running a commune. (An idea I got after browsing the challenges section here.)
Alchemist
#5 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 9:59 PM
Randomize Sim traits and fulfill every wish your Sims roll, no matter how stupid or self-destructive.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 10:48 PM
I was having a blast building a mansion similar to Chateau du Landgraab in Champs-les-Sims. Not the exact floor plan, mind you...but similar, and it gave me some ideas.

I also like creating backstories. One involves two teens being cared for by a mean old lady and they sleep in a sub-basement (say the regular basement is B1, they are in B2), even though the mansion they live in has plenty of room. The old lady was involved in the deaths of their parents and she's really abusive (well, she does has the Evil trait). Their rooms have that Egyptian wall and floor covering with those torches for lights, and there's barely enough room.

As soon as the old woman croaks, they sleep upstairs in nice rooms and eventually marry.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 2:09 AM
We cannot teach you how to have an imagination. Sims is a sandbox game. You have to find the challenges and stories that interest you. Maybe start with some favorite books or movies as inspiration.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 6:52 AM
Create drama within your households. Perfection gets boring in my opinion so I keep it interesting with affairs, enemy siblings caused by boyfriend stealing, divorces as a result of affairs, remarrying, death, too many kids for one household, vendettas against family members, increased alien abduction and male pregnancy likeliness, goals such as maxing out skill levels, getting supernaturals/mersims naturally, etcetera, using traits you normally wouldn't (let me tell you, slob is hilarious. They can infinitely lick their dirty dishes to get their hunger up), even if you love a couple or a sim in your household, have something bad happen anyways even if you don't want it to because it makes things progress easier and quicker, maybe switch households in the town, evil sims, switch up the looks of your sims to make genetics unpredictable, fights, set stuff on fire, kill sims, do forum challenges, among other things. This usually keeps things interesting for myself
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
We cannot teach you how to have an imagination. Sims is a sandbox game. You have to find the challenges and stories that interest you. Maybe start with some favorite books or movies as inspiration.

I base some of my stories around old TV shows I used to watch.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 12:47 PM
I like to do zombie apocalypse using DrHouse93's More Dangerous Zombies, NRaas's Vector and desecrate's Weapons System, and then just trying to survive. My rules are just that i can't delete the "Zombie attack" interaction and everytime someone becomes a zombie, i have to remove them from household with the stuff they were carrying at the moment. It's very fun but sometimes it's sad to see my favorite sims getting turned into zombies
Instructor
#11 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 3:02 PM
I'm currently running a polyandrous household both based on my own fantasy world and elements of the Stepford Wife and religious Polygamy challenges, consisting of my matriarch/Stepford Wife, her 15 husbands, and their first 2 children so far, and having a lot of fun.
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 7:31 PM Last edited by SimmerHilda : 18th Jan 2017 at 7:50 PM.
Try something like a build city challenge, where your town dwellers have to fund building all public places in their town, so that your sims need to work as hard as possible and make money in any possible way if you want your town to look good and be fun to live in.
Try creating a world in CAW.
Make a sim with a LTW and traits that make this LTW really hard to achieve. Make LTW fulfilled by the end of their Adult stage (with Normal or Long lifespan).
Make a sim go from level 1 to level 10 in all careers.
Make a sim get turned into all supernatural species a human sim can be converted to, and achieve LTWs for these species.

Mods are your friends, if you want new interesting ways to play your game, because they let you do a lot more than can be done in vanilla game.
Personally I like watching @ani_ 's youtube channel : she plays self-sufficient towns, where every simoleon is counted. A lot of fun ideas can be grabbed from them. In her videos she explains in details how she has things organized and running in her game, and what mods she uses (many of them are created by herself)

My Simblr - Sims 3 builds and occasionally some other Sims 3 stuff
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 3:45 PM
Because I enjoy creating sims and altering homes, my ideas usually require plenty of creating and not just game play. So this holds my interest. I also seek out Custom Built worlds that are different which helps have a variety. Examples, Cobblestone world is ideal as a Victorian era where I created a household from Little Women. I also made the future beaus and necessary characters in other households from the story (see internet). It's easy to go into "edit town" or with a mod to switch back and forth from family to family. Another idea, a favorite world, Ziwa Bonde. The remote African village is awesomely different. Are you a volunteer? Adoptions? Improve their quality of life?
I also enjoy Wild west or yesteryear...Tom Sawyer days/fishing and barefoot/. The 50's world allows you to create characters like Fonzie, James Dean, Annette, etc. If you're quite young, you may prefer newer famous people. I have Worlds to suit each decade, 50's, 60's, 70's etc. What was that decade known for and go with a storyline. Lastly, I have played underground bunkers in an Apocalyptic world such as Lost cove or Roseward, Castaway play is really fun to start from scratch with many custom world choices. The island could be inhabited by aggressive warriors (make the household in edit town), or only a handful of you made it from the shipwreck, a challenge to survive, plant seeds, make shelters. Develop your story from there. Can't wait for the completion of Euranesia by Nilxis...It will be my Shangrila/Lost Horizon. Hope this kick starts you a bit.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 3:49 PM
By the way, the use of some pretty interesting mods and story progressions also help enhance the gameplay in a different way. I don't spend my time constantly going to the bathroom, eating sleeping. I always click on the mailbox and use "static" etc so their needs are fulfilled allowing me time for more interesting gameplay. The use of custom content can make some household creations SO realistic and fun.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 3:06 AM
Sometimes the best thing to do is take a break. I go months without playing and with no desire to play and then after a while, I really want to play again and play the game every day for a few months.

But I agree on using cc as inspiration. Sometimes, an awesome new mod or object set will make me want to load up the game just to try it out. New worlds can do that too. Like many, I am patiently waiting for Euranesia so I can spend many hours exploring it. Nilxis' Barcelona is still hands down my favorite travel world.