Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2017 at 2:31 AM
Default Community Town Center on one lot
The title really isn't totally accurate, but it was as close to as what I could think to call it.

Ok, so I am lookin for some ideas here. I built a community lot that I wanted to give it the feel of a small town main street/ town center of sorts.
The front building is a small grocery store. The one next to it is a clothing store. The last set of buildings are restrooms. There in the back is the playground. To the right of the playground is the bbq area. On the right side is a pond/ lake for fishing as well as a walking trail that leads from the bbq area to the small island in the center of the pond then out to a garden area. The part I'm needin help with is what do I put in that big open blank space in the front right.

I don't want a pool or sport activities (soccer, basketball, skating) or any type of adult club activities. I plan on havin both a sports center lot and a playground lot for the adults :D

So what else would fit in with a small town family oriented theme that would go in that area?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th May 2017 at 7:10 AM
I would probably make a fake "street" roughly from where your main access sidewalk to those three buildings is, over to the telephone, just so it looks like there's a place for delivery vehicles to come in (it's rare to find a building that doesn't front onto a road somewhere, and even if it's not necessary in-game, it boosts the realism.) As far as other "town center" buildings, I'd say a coffee shop and a local art gallery (which could be combined, ifyou want- lots of the coffee shops around here have local art on the walls for sale) are an obvious starter, Someplace to grab a bite to eat would also be good- not necessarily on the scale of a full-blown restaurant, but a little cafe would fit in nicely too...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Instructor
#3 Old 15th May 2017 at 9:02 AM Last edited by whoward69 : 17th May 2017 at 9:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
So what else would fit in with a small town family oriented theme that would go in that area?

Ice Cream Parlour by maxon

Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I would probably make a fake "street"

But pedestrianize it (block paving, bollards at the pavement end to limit traffic, etc)

HTH

W

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th May 2017 at 9:17 AM
You could also add a car park over the the right behind the coffee shop and ice cream parlour

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 15th May 2017 at 1:31 PM
Bookstore or public library.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th May 2017 at 8:57 AM
I would join up the buildings as well rather than have them all detached.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th May 2017 at 11:52 AM
Coffee shop, art gallery and book shop can all 3 be combined. We actually have shopping malls where shops are all detached, especially if it is built in a park (my daughter works in an office in a park in a city, and the business has detached offices - they kept the native plants and trees that way).
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th May 2017 at 12:28 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions An ice shop sounded like a good idea, except I wanted it CC free. I don't know if I'm lookin to share or if I'm doin for just me, so for now CC free is how I'm goin.

I went back and took another look to see what could get changed to get a better look along with the suggestions and this is what I came up with and like it much better. I had more pics to show ya, but my stoopid pic program is givin me fits. (Yeah I saw the missed roof wall coverin when I was takin the pics.)

Grocery as been moved to the left side w/ a small parking lot.
The front area now boasts a fountain and sittin area. I sorta like the tree in it and I sorta don't so not sure if that'll stay or not.
Buildin behind the fountain is the clothing store and across from that is a coffee shop.
Behind the clothing store is the public restrooms that has a mens, womans, and a family room. In the back of the woman's is a mothers area. Behind the restrooms is a small groundskeepers shed.
Playground area is there in the back left corner with the bbq area between it and the pond.

Ok, I think that 'bout covers it all. Oh yeah, and added a small vendin snack area in front of restrooms.

Front side and back side views