Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 2:47 PM Last edited by Icilluei : 2nd Dec 2009 at 11:23 AM.
Default How to export my own created sim out of game => to others format .obj ,.3ds
I created my own sims character and saved as library right!, but that just play in game.But i want them out to real world for do advance animations , make a movies in 3d programs such as Max, Maya,C4d etc..
i searching many threads , forums , but dark cloud still cover blinding my eyes . can't find out .. Could someone show me the way ? very thanks
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 5:53 PM
The only way I know you could do this would be to use an external grabber program, because except at runtime the parts are all separate.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 6:13 AM
thank so lot .I guess , i have no hope.. but i won't stop searching that program.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 11:36 AM
I'm only a newbie at meshing so I don't know if this would work, but I wonder if you could re-create your sim in Milkshape by importing the TS3 default head and body meshes, then import the hair and clothing meshes that you were using for your sim, and then regroup them all together, add face overlays, skins, hair textures etc as 'Materials', and save it all as an .obj? Just guessing, my guess may be completely wrong, but I wonder if it *would* work.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 12:07 PM
The problem with exporting as .obj is that you'll lose all the bone assignments that way. A format which supports bones like SMD would be preferrable. You -can- do as EsmeraldaF says - but you're not going to get "your sim" that way - the facial sculpting you've done in-game won't be a part of the base face, nor will any colours you've set up in the game with Create a Style/hair/eyes/etc. but with some effort you could recreate a full sim with their hair/clothes/etc. outside of the game to a reasonable degree of success.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Alchemist
#6 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 8:22 PM
While you can make a whole Sim by compositing all of the mesh components (feet, body, hair and 5 face parts), it still will not be "his Sim", it will be a generic one. I know this is possible, as I have done it and published a whole Sim all rigged to animate. But it is not a copy of any particular Sim I created in CAS.

In TS2, CAS took face templates and modified them according to the way the user moved the sliders, and wrote those out into a new file, which could be fond in the character file for the Sim. I have not found any similar mesh copy for the face in TS3... the game undoubtedly modifies the face template according to the slider settings to make individual Sims, but all that is stored seems to be the slider settings, which are not help unless a great deal of game code could be replicated.

I haven't tried any model rippers in TS3, but they worked in TS2. However, you still didn't get a rigged and weighted sim you could animate, all you have is a collection of triangles posed in some position and a bunch of texture maps, which were composited from the source textures... one I did grab from TS2 had some clearly readable text in it about "Idolatry of Flesh".

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 10:56 PM
Hello everyone. I am curious how you would go about this myself. I too would like to have a sims character exported for doing complex animations. I tried looking through the thread but a lot of the things discussed were a bit over my head.
I would like to know how you would go about exporting a full sims mesh, I don't care if it has joints or is weighted or if it is a default mesh.
Secondly, I would like to know if there is a way to export specific clothing or hair.
What I'm hoping that will allow me to do is create several versatile characters to interact in animations. I can rig the characters myself if I need to. The threads I've read through seem to cover getting the hair or an object. If the info is on here can you point me in the right direction. If not, can you explain what I need to do.

What I have is The Sims 3, and Maya.

Thankx in adcance
-Skipp

PS - Hey Wes, where is this Sim you published?
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 6:52 AM
In Ambitions with testing cheats you can create a statue of a sim in a pose, which becomes a one-colored object of that sim's face, hair, clothes and pose. If there were a way to export that statue object you'd be able at least to export your sim one pose at a time.