Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 4:11 PM Last edited by trap lorde : 5th Feb 2014 at 8:44 PM.
TSRW mesh import problem
Hey guys,

I have a huge problem I started meshing in blender (I just modified the base game hoodie) and imported it back to milkshape, then I merged my new mesh with the base game mesh in milkshape and assigned the joints. Whatever, I exported it to .wso and tried to import in TSRW. But then the mesh looks rly weird. I also tired the meshtoolkit, always the same. What am I doing wrong? :c

Attached files:
File Type: zip  MTS_help.zip (534.5 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 8:33 AM
I went through your mesh in TSRW and MilkShape, and found 3 areas that need some attention. The first thing that needed to be done was assign the bones. Doing that brought the mesh in line with the rest of the body. The second thing that needs to be worked out are the normals. They're what's causing the light and dark areas on your mesh. When I looked closer, there's another nearly complete hoodie on the inside. If you look at the pic, the piece on the right was pulled from inside your mesh. Once that was done the normals looked much better after realignment. If you remove the rest of the inner faces you'll have much better luck with getting it to look right and REALLY reduce the poly count. Those inner faces serve no purpose on this mesh. The last thing you need to do is fix the neck. It got scaled down quite a bit from the EA standard. The last pic shows the top row of polys from a default EA top, and that's where the neck needs to be in order to match up with the head properly. Replace the neck with something copied from an EA outfit.
I hope this gets you on the right track. I don't work with Blender so I can't recommend how to proceed. Getting rid of those inner faces can be a pain in the Keester in MilkShape -- I hope you know a simpler way to do it than I do!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 1:55 PM
Thank you so much
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 6th Feb 2014 at 3:28 PM
I would not recommend Blender for clothing as it recalculates the normals and leaves seams on the mesh.

You merged the mesh with the original?
You can not do that, gives you duplicates
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 11:50 AM
Thank you for your help, I deleted this project Yes I merged the orginal mesh with the duplicated edited one, this was a beginner mistake Maybe you can help me with some newer problems here in this thread ahhahaa. This one can be closed.