Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Undead Molten Llama
#26 Old 17th May 2016 at 4:51 PM
Is the house haunted? Ghosts will break objects sometimes when they haunt them. (i.e., they leap into them and make them float and such.)

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 17th May 2016 at 4:55 PM
I was about to ask the same question as iCad. I used to find broken objects like the one shown in your OP picture.
Alchemist
#28 Old 17th May 2016 at 9:25 PM
not entirely sure, but the eyedropper tool in Build/Buy might tell the name of broken objects.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#29 Old 17th May 2016 at 10:03 PM
It's a feature that was originally going to be in the game; there are pre-release screenshots of a teenager being scolded for breaking a lamp.

Some of the lamps don't have a break state mesh though (including the one in the pre-release screenshot), but from what people are saying here maybe it's still an autonomous action for some lamps.

I just used shift-click *break in debug mode, as @SimGamerTS4 did.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 18th May 2016 at 1:53 AM
I was going to get pop corn but alas..mystery solved...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#31 Old 18th May 2016 at 10:16 PM
that last picture, the sim looks like Don Lothario and the room looks like his kitchen/dining-room. are those right?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#32 Old 19th May 2016 at 8:58 PM
@mdsb759 Yes that's right; that's a picture I took in my game to show how to break lamps. The other picture is one from EA to promote the game, though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 20th May 2016 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Is the house haunted? Ghosts will break objects sometimes when they haunt them. (i.e., they leap into them and make them float and such.)
Yes. There was a ghost in my lot which Jennifer the servo died.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 20th May 2016 at 5:10 AM
A servo ghost? Something new I should try.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 20th May 2016 at 5:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGamerTS4
Yes. There was a ghost in my lot which Jennifer the servo died.

My understanding of this phrase is : Jennifer is a servo, and she died a ghost...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#36 Old 20th May 2016 at 5:59 AM
I think servos can die if they go into a pool. Or if someone was playing around with Rodney's Death Creator.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#37 Old 20th May 2016 at 8:21 AM
Um, yeah. Since the OP seems to have a pirated copy of OFB - there's no reason for anyone to try to help figure this out anymore... since we don't provide support for pirated games ya know.

I'm willing to bet that a legal copy of OFB would work as expected if the OP should care to obtain one. And IF that legal copy should happen to have the same problem? Then we can all try to help, although I'm sure there wouldn't be any such mysterious broken object problem then.

Until that day - no more help here!
Undead Molten Llama
#38 Old 20th May 2016 at 5:50 PM
Well, pirated or not, the OP did say that the house was haunted, so I think it's fairly clear that the ghost broke the lamp in question, which is normal game behavior. My game isn't pirated, and I do have some very haunted houses, and I will often find those piles of broken electronics where lamps used to be, often long after they were probably broken. (Only ever lamps, though.)

I thought simsample's post about lamp-breaking apparently going to be a thing in game was hilarious, though. I mean, I get furious sometimes, and I will often unleash my fury on inanimate objects, but I have to say that my target has never been a lamp. Pillows, on the other hand... Plus there's the little beanbags (usually used for juggling) that I have stashed around in places, which are very convenient for hurling across rooms...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#39 Old 20th May 2016 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Um, yeah. Since the OP seems to have a pirated copy of OFB - there's no reason for anyone to try to help figure this out anymore... since we don't provide support for pirated games ya know.

They do? I was unaware- there is no indication that I can see of that in this thread (apart from maybe utorrent blanked out in the image), and I would have thought that if the mods were aware of this then the OP would have been banned.
Theorist
#40 Old 20th May 2016 at 6:46 PM
A broken object on an end table is possibly something a ghost damaged, if there's one on the lot, and is not fixable if it says 'dispose'.

Wow, a ton of posts appeared after I posted mine. Must be a ghost around here hiding them. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#41 Old 20th May 2016 at 8:38 PM
@simsample
Well..... *shrugs*. They started a thread letting everyone know how to get OFB for free, a thread that I closed. (They only have base and OFB so it seems OFB may be pirated then.) Another warning would temp ban. I've left it up to those with more power than I have.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#42 Old 20th May 2016 at 10:00 PM
@simsample
Well..... *shrugs*. They started a thread letting everyone know how to get OFB for free, a thread that I closed. (They only have base and OFB so it seems OFB may be pirated then.) Another warning would temp ban. I've left it up to those with more power than I have.

Ah well, I didn't bother to read every post that they made! No worries, they'll probably hang themselves if you give 'em enough rope.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#43 Old 20th May 2016 at 10:32 PM
If they have a genuine copy of the base game all they need do is get an origin account, go on chat and plead for the UC and they could have the whole game for free.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#44 Old 23rd May 2016 at 4:03 PM
I do believe that was pointed out to them in the thread I closed, Jo. They'd not only get the whole game, they'd probably have a lot less problems.
What's that saying? Something about leading a horse to water...
Scholar
#45 Old 23rd May 2016 at 5:07 PM
I do believe that was pointed out to them in the thread I closed, Jo. They'd not only get the whole game, they'd probably have a lot less problems.
What's that saying? Something about leading a horse to water...

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#46 Old 23rd May 2016 at 6:09 PM
Yep, that's it. The horse was led to that water and I'm personally not holding my breath while waiting for it to drink.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#47 Old 23rd May 2016 at 10:51 PM

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2