Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th May 2010 at 11:44 PM Last edited by whiterider : 22nd May 2010 at 1:59 PM.
Default Medieval & Renaissance Challenge - Voting Threads Up!
Welle, ye Medievale Challenge hath received a greate number of entries, an... no, it's too much of a pain without the filter.

We've had a fantastic number of entries for this challenge - over 80! - and, more importantly, they're all fantastic stuff. So the time has come to pick out the most exceptional entries; and, because of the huge numbers of great entries, we've had to split the shortlist in three.

You can vote for Sims 2 entries here.
Sims 3 lots, here.
And other Sims 3 entries here.

Voting will close in a week - Friday the 21st - so get a wriggle on, and remember that you can vote in all of the polls; you don't have to pick one.

The entries receiving the most votes overall will be declared Exceptional, and their creators will get a snazzy sticker on their profile, along with an ingame trophy.

In addition, all entrants will get another snazzy sticker on their profile, and an in-game trophy - including brand spanking new Sims 3 trophies!

This challenge has been great fun, and I hope you'll enjoy the fantastic content - so let the voting begin!

Voting is now closed - we'll be announcing Exceptional awards soon!

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
7 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th May 2010 at 2:25 PM
Exciting! Wishing all luck to the creators!

Tumblr: Springbunnysims
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th May 2010 at 5:39 PM
ok," Im missing something" you see . I paid for the gold member, but i can't or i dont know how to play the sims 3. i want to make sims3 and there stuff and play too. can somebody please tell me what im doing wrong?
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th May 2010 at 6:07 PM
I voted, but I don't remember what for, I got sidetracked. Everything is so beautiful and awesome! All of the creators did an amazing job! Good work everyone! :]
Scholar
#5 Old 15th May 2010 at 6:40 PM
Wow! Some fantastic things here. Very hard decision to pick one item and one lot in the Sims3 Categories. The Sims 2 items were also very good and I especially liked the castles--but once I saw Mrs. Crumplebottom in the nun outfit my decision was made. That was just too funny. I laughed so hard it made my eyes water. I still laugh just thinking about it. Genius!
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th May 2010 at 10:13 PM
I wish there were different categories to vote for. It's hard to compare sims2 lots with clothing or hair. Either way, I really liked all the entries, but I might be biased with my love of medieval things...
Scholar
#7 Old 18th May 2010 at 1:07 AM Last edited by Kailacat : 18th May 2010 at 1:37 AM.
I liked all the entries! And I downloaded multiple ones!

For a minute when I saw this on the front page, I thought the filter had been put back up...

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 18th May 2010 at 2:12 AM
Wow...really hard decisions...wish I could vote for more than one, but then there would be no winner...I do have to say Mrs. Crumplebottom was hysterical! I haven't been playing Sims2 since Sims3 came out, but if I was I would surely download her! Great job everyone!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th May 2010 at 11:34 PM
I downloaded and am using ALL of the Sims 2 items, so this is really, really difficult. Just-- how do you compare clothing, clothing and mods, lots, and items? *scratches head* How do you decide between dedication, brilliance, beauty, and genius?

Necromancy is Good
Instructor
#10 Old 20th May 2010 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
Wow! Some fantastic things here. Very hard decision to pick one item and one lot in the Sims3 Categories. The Sims 2 items were also very good and I especially liked the castles--but once I saw Mrs. Crumplebottom in the nun outfit my decision was made. That was just too funny. I laughed so hard it made my eyes water. I still laugh just thinking about it. Genius!
ME too i chose the nun because everyone of my friends when whacked with something we shout "HOLY BEATDOWN"

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Scholar
#11 Old 30th May 2010 at 12:28 PM
Hi folks,
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A big, big thanks to all of you!

When I saw all the great lots in the final round, I knew it would be a hard race.
If there wasn't one of my lots, it would be a hard choice for me to vote

Anyway, I had a close look on every house, and I have to say,
every house had one or more nice feature, design or layout which is worth to copy for future creations

So, everyone did a great job. Congrats to all of you.
Hope to see you all in the next challenge!

And a big thanks to MTS for this challenge and the trophy

Cheers
Field Researcher
#12 Old 30th May 2010 at 6:26 PM
I want to thank MTS admins for the trophy and to thank the community, specially the voters to my set. I have never expected that it deserved to be highlighted among so many beautinesses. And cheers to the great winners and other contestants for their efforts improving the historical Sims 3 stuff.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#13 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 7:23 PM
This was definitely an exciting challenge. I have to say, though, that I didn't venture out of my comfort zone, and I hope to in future challenges. And I agree with everyone who says WooHoo! to all the new CC, and thanks and hugz to MTS just for being here. You all rock!!!!
Test Subject
#14 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 4:04 PM
Default Hello
How it is easily for me to download it
Site Helper
#15 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 4:06 PM
1>Click the Downloads button at the top of the page
2>Find the search box on the left
3>Enter Medieval Challenge into the box
4>start downloading

It did involve both Sims 2 and Sims 3, so you might not want everything, though.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 3:55 PM
Any idea when the exceptionals for the challenge will be announced?

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Test Subject
#17 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 10:46 AM
Is there any other category to vote guys?
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 10:50 PM
Thanks.