Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 1:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default 2 problems
Hi there... I face 2 problems during gameplay which did not occur in the same time or are related but since I want to try and find a solution I decided to make only one post.

So, whenever I start a new save I go to Edit Town first to place some lots that do not exist or move some others to another location. I think it was after I patched to 1.67 and installed Into The Future that I discover deceased sims occupy empty houses or (in some instances) even community lots. For example, I start a new save in Sunset Valley and going to Edit Town Mode I see that some starter homes like the Monotone or the Pre-Fabulous are occupied by the Crumplebottom Family. Their picture shows clearly that they all are ghosts! Moving on to where the game places the Varg's Tavern venue I find out it's occupied by Gaylord Koffi, in the elixirs' shop lives a ghost-girl named Opal Suarley and in the Junky Yard I find Simon Crumplebottom.
The same thing happens when I try to start in Riverview. Most of the times the Great Dane (the 5 bedrooms empty house!) has a "Ghost Family" Household (that's how they are called so I don't know who they are). In Twinbrook it's the Willow Manor with also a "Ghost Family" Household, in Starlight Shores Jimmy Lemmon appears to live in one of the starter homes, in Barnacle Bay it's Ophelia Piece (and some others too) and in Lucky Palms I get a "Sparks Family" who are not the premade (living and breathing) father with this daughter, that ghost family most of the times prefer to occupy the "That 70s House" empty house.
The situation is driving me crazy because the only way I know to start a new game when this happens is to quit the game, clear my cache files, restart my computer and... pray that the world I choose to play won't be "haunted"... Sometimes my prays go in vain because I need to do all that procedure 2 or 3 times. As you can understand, it's nerve-breaking and time consuming because I have all the EPs and SPs and I almost "own" the Sims 3 Store, so even with my very powerful desktop it takes some time to go in and out of the game...
Has anyone faced a similar problem? Does anyone know why this is happening and if there is a way to make it stop???

About my second problem, it's about a mod (probably) but I chose to not make a post in WCIF because I don't even know if someone created something for that.
I really love playing sims who master Martial Arts and get filthy rich from the gems they find when they break space rocks. But I have realized that if they are not living alone and they have families, the gem cutting machine causes them problems with the other sims in the family. Last example is a family where Alex, the dad is an Astronaut so he uses his many free days of work to make his family rich with his breaking space rocks skill/hobby. And he succeded that because the first two space rocks he broke after he fulfilled the challenge, gave him two tiberium gems which he cut with the machine and along with the spiral cuts he took 3 pieces of gem dust which grew to new gems... you know the rest. But using the machine causes the relationship with his wife and his daughter to drop. Whenever he uses the machine, both his wife and his daugher (who is a chlid now) have a thought bubble with the machine crossed off and sometimes it's his face too. I find it so unfair because that machine (and his skill) lead them in a so much better home than the starter they previously lived, where I couldn't even imagine to fulfil their wish for another baby because the only place left to put a baby would be... outside in the garden!
Anyways, now that they live in a bigger and better house I had the thought to build him a new room in the back yard. On the ground floor there is a gym room with treadmill and weight lifting machine, first floor below (basement) his martial arts equipment and even below-er (is that a word?) on the second basement the gem cutting machine. And I thought I had solved the problem... Next time he used the machine all his "girls" (since they moved they had two more babies, both girls!), meaning his wife and his daughters had the same reaction they had before, except that the youngest daughter (still a baby) was sleeping and she got the moodlet sims get when they wake up by a stereo or the burglar alarm...
How is that possible? I can't even hear the machine, the sim using it probably doesn't, why all the other sims in the lot get mad about it? I haven't seen a single thread about that here or in other forums, so am I the only one who has a problem with that? Is there a mod that can fix it?

So, these are my current problems. Thank you for reading that long post (sorry, I had to explain what's happening) and please help me if you have a solution!
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 1:42 PM
Can't help you out on your ghost problem, but your second issue with the gem cutter has a solution right on this site: Less Reaction to Gem Cutter http://modthesims.info/d/499665 There are several flavors to choose from.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 2:22 PM
Thank you so much eskie227. I got the mod and I read the comments from other players who got it too... I had never realized that there are other people bothered by those reactions too!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 2:33 AM
Moving to Help. Please use this forum when you need help with something, not Discussion.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Nov 2015 at 5:45 PM
I just wanted to tell you that after nobody here seemed to have information about "my ghosts problem" (lol!) I made a thread on NRaas Chatterbox in case anyone over there knew something about it. Guess what! My issue was caused by NRaas Traveler mod. There was another member there who faced the same thing and they were insisting that it came from Traveler. Anyways, I can't say that I completely understood why Traveler was acting like this (something about trasferring data over the different saves) but the solution is to always exit the game and enter it again whenever you want to make a new save. All those very nice and helpful people on NRaas site even made a note on Traveler page about it.
Since I was the one to start this thread I thought I should share my information about what's causing it and how to prevent it.

Happy simming!!!