Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter (Updated 5th Sept 2009)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Aug 2009 at 9:33 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:13 PM by Nysha

686 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 421 Feedback Posts, 264 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 28
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#151 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 11:43 PM
Yes, having an absolute TON (like, thousands upon thousands) of packages will slow down loading, if the game slows down to a grinding halt, then it's most likely absolutely nothing to do with the quantity but more individual specific files.

Run the Sims3 Dashboard and do Fix All Problems. Then complain to me about "package files make everything slow".

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#152 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 11:49 PM
Woohoo!! That did the trick! Thank you thank you thank you, Delphy! ^ ^
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 2:33 AM
Hey. I love this thing and it always worked. However just today when I try to install it gives me a HUge pop up saying its not allowed with a bunch of jibberish.
This has never happened before.

Is it patch?

Help. I love this thing!!!
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 2:36 AM
heh, nvm, fixed it/
Forum Resident
#155 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 2:20 AM
Thanks Delphy, this came in really handy.

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Test Subject
#156 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 1:43 AM
Ho-ho-ho! What can I say? You're a genious!!!
Test Subject
#157 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 6:44 AM
If a convert a lot from sims3pack to package file it will still work?
Test Subject
#158 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 1:36 AM Last edited by mskitty331 : 17th Feb 2010 at 1:38 AM. Reason: Need more information
Default Question about program
I just love this program, thank you one thing is do I need to keep all of my Sims3 packs in my download folder or can I remove them from the download folder, and just run the game with the package files.
Test Subject
#159 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 4:01 PM
Dear Delphy, I have a big request. Hope you can do it for us. Are you able to make a tool or program to test sims3packs working correctly? Would be so kind.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#160 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 5:09 PM
matomibotaki: What do you mean "works correctly"?

Test Subject
#161 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 7:29 PM
Hi Delphy, I think I have some sims3packs with mistakes downloaded, or there are corrupted files in them. So I am looking for a tool that can test the packs and find the the bad sims3backs out. My englisch is very bad, but I hope you understand what I mean and what I am looking for.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#162 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 9:15 AM
There's already one here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=390235

Test Subject
#163 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 10:51 AM
Thank you so much Delphy. I will testing it at once. Great job as ever. You are the best.
Test Subject
#164 Old 21st Feb 2010 at 11:26 PM
A mac version of this program would be nice
Test Subject
#165 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 8:10 PM
Hmmm, for some reason nothing happens after i 'install' an amount of files.
I've tried doing it a few times in the past already, but not a single package shows up in the game. They do show up when installed manually, but at the moment i have about 800 files so the launcher is really not an option.
Scholar
#166 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 2:31 PM
I Love You Delphy! :lovestruc

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Banned
#167 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 10:02 PM
You spelled "Extractor" wrong and it makes it quite hard to search for this. Especially when "It has the word extractor in it, I know that" is all you have to go off of.
Test Subject
#168 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 4:07 AM
I get to the selecting the folders part and then I click instal and I get this error message... "No Sims3Packs found in folder." ButI'm frustrated and confused. They are .package files. Why won't it work???? Help me please!!!!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#169 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 8:05 AM
momma_croft: This tool only extracts Sims3Packs - it doesn't do anything with package files at all. Maybe you are looking for the Installing Package Files faq?

Test Subject
#170 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 7:52 PM
Man you are god!
Lab Assistant
#171 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 1:42 PM
I've tried the Mono thing and am having problems. It's almost more steps than just using the launcher... but the exe version works so great on the PC partition.

Maybe I'm naíve (as I'm soooo not a programming type), but instead of a whole new "mac" version... wouldn't a java version work on *both*?

Anyone interested in converting this amazing tool to java? :D
Instructor
#172 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 4:30 AM
Hm =/ For some reason S3PE gives me an error when I try to import the .package files this program makes for me.

"Expected magic tag 'DBPF' found 'DBPP'.

Any ideas? :D

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#173 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 10:02 AM
scoppy: Thats becuase you are trying to do stuff with store files (which are protected). These aren't supported by S3PE.

Instructor
#174 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 4:59 PM
Yeah, I was getting alittle ahead of myself trying to solve my problems with (legitament-bought-with-cold-hard-cash) store content not appearing ingame by trying to merge all of the package files the store packs created. Ie; then it would appear, and also not increase my bootup time to an hour

However, I just followed the unstall and reinstall guides and now Im sitting on 1.7/2.2 and I the store content installed just fine. And I will NOT touch a single thing more :p

(although, merging my MTS downloads into just the one .package has been awesome for my performance and I would totally recommend it to anyone who knows how to open and save with s3pe.)

Thanks again Delphy!

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Test Subject
#175 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 5:46 PM
Is there ANY way to use my store content with new patch?
(without paying 200$)..
Page 7 of 28