Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Charlton Island

by armiel Posted 16th Sep 2011 at 9:53 AM - Updated 28th Jan 2012 at 2:48 PM by armiel

194 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 112 Feedback Posts, 81 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 8
Test Subject
#101 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 3:40 PM
Hi Armiel, Im loving Charlton Island but is there a bookstore? Or am I blind?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#102 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 4:45 PM
I think this is just great, however, I'm having problems. I can download it ok, but when I try to extract it ( I'm using 7zip) I'm told the file is broken. Am I doing it wrong?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#103 Old 22nd Sep 2011 at 5:07 PM
Test Subject
#104 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 5:49 AM Last edited by armiel : 23rd Sep 2011 at 7:33 AM. Reason: No hotlinking please, also, the link to alternative download has been on the main post for some time.
Does the "rabbit holes" with interiors are suposed to work? Cause I've downloaded the rabbit holes rugs CC but they doesn't allow me to get jobs in Hospital or in Dinner.

[EDIT] Nevermind, figured out the CC basegame rugs aren't avaliable in MTS for some reason.

Anyway, haven't played much in it yet, but everything looks awesome, I usually modify many lots to fit my tastes, mods, beliefs, etc. But I couldn't touch this since everything looks amazing and fits well with the gameplay mods I'm using. Also, all the expansion lots you created are very appreciated, like nectary, academy and nightlife lots, they are very well made and adds alot of stuff to do in your town.
Test Subject
#105 Old 23rd Sep 2011 at 7:25 AM
Default dohhh
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
fionalucy, https://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/...reenshot-37.jpg

Haha *bangs head on table* thanks Armiel!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#106 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 8:06 AM
Wow, and I do mean wow. This is a beautiful and massive world! I'm eagerly looking forward to playing it. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 24th Sep 2011 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shante090
Have you read the CC list carefully? Because armiel clearly stated that the rugs are needed, and not the doors.

... yes, I have. I am not stupid. But when you go to the thread that armiel linked THE RUGS AREN'T IN THERE. There is only one file to download for the base game rabbit holes and that file contains the doors and only the doors.

To download the rugs version you have to get that file from this thread:
http://customsims3.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=53

Creator of the Perfect Genetics and Midnight Sun Challenges.
Visit the SimGurra tumblr - home to my TS3 creations, including the official Midnight Sun Challenge worlds!
Test Subject
#108 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 2:56 AM Last edited by Sims addict17 : 8th Nov 2011 at 2:30 AM.
This is the most amazing and beautiful world I've ever seen. It's too bad my computer would implode when the sims 3 came up. I'm saving up for a macbook this christmas and guess what I'll be downloading.
GOOD JOB!!

EDIT:
No macbook, but a custom, cheap, gaming computer...... like windows better for the sims.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#109 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 3:09 AM
It's incredibly pretty, but you didn't use any lot descriptions in game! GAH! Having to guess which homes will fit any number of sims is kinda annoying. xD
Test Subject
#110 Old 26th Sep 2011 at 8:22 PM
Hadn't played sims3 in 3/4 months although still took a peek on here most days to see what new downloads there were. Saw your world and tried my hardest to ignore it but I couldn't resist! 1 fresh reinstall, cc started from scratch (yes I can live with out 37 different types of shower, 30 of which are virtually identical!! )

Loving exploring it and glad to see I wasn't the only one stumped by where the stadium was

Thank you, it's awesome and plays very well on my mac. :lovestruc
Test Subject
#111 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 12:41 AM
Armiel, I was wondering where's the business building, I couldn't find it anywhere.
PS. I was reading earlier and read about some package files having problems with macOS X, Is this something I should Know about.
Also perfectionist, I looked closely at your picture and it looks like you have macOS X lion, the new operating system. This may be were your problem lies.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 4:27 AM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#113 Old 11th Oct 2011 at 8:51 PM
Absolutely Gorgeous!! I just hope my rig can handle it, lol
Field Researcher
#114 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 10:39 PM
armiel ~

Here is the new link for CAR
http://ashillion.wordpress.com/2011/08/26/car-urban/
Wiki Wizard
THANKS POST
#115 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 8:56 PM
This is stunning Armi, you have worked for so long on this and it really shows. Everything looks flawless and i'm sure with your eye for detail it will play flawlessly too! You should be really proud, not many people can find the patience to build a world like this, well done
Test Subject
#116 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 6:01 PM
Does this work with Pets?
Field Researcher
#117 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 10:04 PM
Congrats of feature! The world looks wonderful in game. The terrain painting is fantastic.
Though I have one question - I see a notice, that it will work with pre Pets patch only is it because of the CC included or something changed in how the game handles player created worlds now?

Noone expects the spanish inquisition!
My simblr and my downloads blog .
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#118 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 4:11 AM
Oh snap! My sims are moving on up!! This is gorgeous!!!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#119 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Miuki
Congrats of feature! The world looks wonderful in game. The terrain painting is fantastic.
Though I have one question - I see a notice, that it will work with pre Pets patch only is it because of the CC included or something changed in how the game handles player created worlds now?

It's because of CC used. I will take off the notice once all the CC I used has been fixed for Pets/the patch. Even if it might not have issues with pets, I don't wanna hear how it broke someones game, so the limit. If someone does install it with Pets (before I say is fixed), I'm not taking any responsibility if it causes trouble

And thank you, a feature is a great price for the work. A big thank you goes to people who helped me on the process (CFF, CC creators, chat etc)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#120 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 11:54 AM
Looks very good, too bad I need WA!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#121 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 4:00 PM
Ok....So i'm a bob head and I freely admit to that!
I have pets installed - does this mean I can't play this beautiful world, or will the CC work with this if I do the fixing thing from the front page of MTS2??
Also do I need to manualy dl all the CC or will it be attached to the world when I download
Many thanks
Many many thanks
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#122 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by saladoor
Ok....So i'm a bob head and I freely admit to that!
I have pets installed - does this mean I can't play this beautiful world, or will the CC work with this if I do the fixing thing from the front page of MTS2??
Also do I need to manualy dl all the CC or will it be attached to the world when I download
Many thanks
Many many thanks

Lemme update the main post regarding the CC, and yes, you will need to download the things mentioned under the CC list (they say if you need to download or not). You can of course do the fix mentioned in the fron page for the objects that require it, yourself. Then there should be no problems. But at your own "risk"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#123 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 12:54 AM
Congrats on the feature, armiel!
Test Subject
#124 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 11:56 PM
Armiel, I rarely comment on downloads, but I had to come and commend you on this
magnificent creation. I feel this neighborhood gives me exactly what I had been missing with
the standard EA hoods. I also love the unique personality that you give to Charlton Island.

Good job and thanks again.
Top Secret Researcher
#125 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 10:00 AM
I can't even begin to tell you how impressed I am with this. I struggle to make just one lot and you've made an entire world! Everything about this is awesome, you are now officially one of my favourite creators!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Page 5 of 8