Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2019 at 5:02 PM Last edited by spammmm : 14th May 2019 at 12:23 PM.
Default uhhh i dont think any of this is worth money (sims 4 paysite)
what is it with the sims 4 paysites and horrible hair someone is really making money off of this
Screenshots
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th May 2019 at 11:50 PM
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Just like each iteration of Sims brings new players, it also brings another round of poor quality pay content.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th May 2019 at 12:16 AM
Yep. Crap content by crap people. Not surprising.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th May 2019 at 12:45 AM
I didn't realize there were still people foolish enough to pay for CC. How do they even find these places? Most google searches will give you a million free options before getting to the sketchy pay sites

The Receptacle still lives!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th May 2019 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
I didn't realize there were still people foolish enough to pay for CC. How do they even find these places? Most google searches will give you a million free options before getting to the sketchy pay sites

lol well, i found it all for free on a website .. i did delete all of the cc tho, it was 99% crappy
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th May 2019 at 1:46 AM
It's been this way since sims 1. So...18 years.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Smeg Head
#7 Old 14th May 2019 at 6:42 AM
You pesky kids! You've ruined their dreams of getting that mortgage on a mansion, putting their kids through college and having at least two lavish, sun-drenched holidays per year by exposing their CC mods as bad and not worth paying for!

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th May 2019 at 9:25 AM
Renaming this thread to "Paysite not worth a money/dime" it would make it less mistaken with another context and would warn those who are consider of engaging in this scammy transaction. You know, to help a simmer who's conteplating to purchase cc while stumbing this thread in the forum section.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th May 2019 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Renaming this thread to "Paysite not worth a money/dime" it would make it less mistaken with another context and would warn those who are consider of engaging in this scammy transaction. You know, to help a simmer who's conteplating to purchase cc while stumbing this thread in the forum section.
i added smtn to the title now its more clear
dodgy builder
#10 Old 14th May 2019 at 1:04 PM
You should always ask for reviews before buying on net. Unless you have a ton of money of course...in that case you should give to the poor or invest instead. Always be a sensible customer.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th May 2019 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

If someone is contemplating buying user created content then they're beyond help.

Smeg Head
#12 Old 14th May 2019 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
If someone is contemplating buying user created content then they're beyond help.

More money than sense.

Or, more accurately, more access to someone else's money that with their own sense. Then again, if I had such access to someone else's money to spend willy-nilly on pure junk, I'd probably have little regard for my own sense during such spending sprees. Parents substituting bonding responsibilities with cash card freedoms, look what you have spawned! Offspring who mercilessly, aimlessly spend small fortunes in the absence of true bonding. Who am I kidding with this? They're too shallow already to care. No wonder.

A fool and their money are easily parted. But a neglected child with freedom to their parent's bank card, that's the stuff of dreams and schemes. EA built a whole empire of Lot Boxes around this principle. Can you even blame the lesser schemers with their shit pay-me CC for trying same???

I blame the parents. Because no responsible adult in their right mind puts up cash for this manure, nor would they let their children do so. Yet somebody does, to make these pay-me types think they should persevere. Not to persevere learning to mod. That's a noble effort. But thinking that every, damn brain fart they regurgitate forth should be paid for, for their valuable time. But as already mentioned here, a story as old as any game has had modders, and as far back as any lacking parent has left their bank cards with access to their children's whims, people still do buy this shit. The mind boggles.

As already suggested here, give that same money to charity. A far better thing in the end than a piece of shit CC hair. Like they did not know they uploaded a piece of shit CC, then still went a put a price tag on it. Ha! That's an insult. Maybe some folks actually like the insult! Some do...

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Mad Poster
#13 Old 14th May 2019 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
A fool and their money are easily parted. But a neglected child with freedom to their parent's bank card, that's the stuff of dreams and schemes. EA built a whole empire of Lot Boxes around this principle. Can you even blame the lesser schemers with their shit pay-me CC for trying same???

Yes. I can and I do. We have to draw a line somewhere, and blaming parents is a scapegoat.

Forum Resident
#14 Old 14th May 2019 at 11:47 PM
Anyone with common sense know that there is a lot more free content out there than pay sites if they poke around on google long enough. I do not support the CC pay site empire and I never will. Just be careful. Some free CC has viruses attached to them. You just have to do some research into what's safe to download and what's not.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 15th May 2019 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee

Assuming that content doesn't live to its quality standards. If it doesn't break the eula (maybe it does?) and aren't scummy, I don't see much problem in it.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
One Minute Ninja'd
#16 Old 15th May 2019 at 11:44 AM
One of the drivers is the ability of small developers to now create a pay "premium" or whatever they choose to call it Patreon accounts to funnel downloads through. Before that, setting up a pay site took a bit of work. No simple Wordpress or Tumblr presence would allow you to do that, so the sites that did develop either offered cc from multiple modders, or in the case of say hair, something at the time in great demand and difficult to do well (true to this day, hair ain't easy, even in the play-dough world of TS4). You need a shopping cart, a payment mechanism even if it's as simple as PayPal, integrated into your website. Not tough to do, but not something the average modder may be up to doing without at least a little faith their stuff would sell with all the work and some actual expense to get done.

Now, anyone can set up a Patreon. For those who have it as an option, maybe giving users early access by a few weeks to something that will be released for free, or flat out just please help a starving digital artist, I can't say it's terrible. But when its mandatory to gain access, a single modder, even producing only a modest amount of decent sometimes decent content can set up shop behind that wall as it's a dead simple implementation and no headaches on how to process transactions to get paid. It also mean large aggregating pay sites have some competition, as you don't have to sully your name by being one of their "modders" (the quotation marks are because a lot of stuff was made by someone other than the person offering it).

This isn't a knock on Patreon. I think the idea of having a simple way to pass a small donation along to someone who's putting an awful lot of professional effort (and more effort than EA does) is good. If you have the financial means, there's no harm in that. But living behind that or any other pay site model, their own or an aggregator, does violate the EULA and does take advantage of people who see pretty things in a screenshot (done in HQ and touched up in PS) and discover, well, a load of crap when the download finishes and the money is already gone.