Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 7:26 AM
Default Extracting textures from Sims 3 meshes for Sims 2 conversion
Good morning! I want to convert objects from Sims 3 to Sims 2, but my TSR Workshop doesn't work for me yet. I can extract meshes with S3PE, but there is a problem with textures. So, I have a question - can I extract textures from sims 3 objects with S3PE in a one whole colorful dds or png image like TSR Workshop extracts? TSR Workshop has a function to extract textures in one file, but S3PE is extracting several gray files. Or maybe there is a way to combine these extracted files in one file?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 10:52 AM
Only TSRW can create and export the complate (which is all the grey textures, plus all the patterns, layered on top of one another). However, if you extract the multiplier (the mid-grey texture), and use it as an overlay layer on top of whatever colours, woods, fabrics etc. you want to use in your graphics editor, that'll create a decent texture - you might have to play around with contrast and opacity to get the multi's shading looking perfect. You can, of course, use the pattern textures (which S3OC also clones) to create the colour under the overlay, but it'll probably be easier to handpaint it or use Wood Workshop.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 11:35 AM
whiterider, thank you very much for your help! I'll try to do something with the textures. But I'm little disappointed, because with TSRW it was much easier to convert objects...
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 11:37 AM
Sure, but the EA presets are all so butt ugly that you'd want to make new textures anyway.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.