Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#426 Old 16th Aug 2013 at 10:42 PM
Wow! Very beautiful pictures everyone :-D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#427 Old 17th Aug 2013 at 1:16 AM
Nice pictures!
Scholar
#428 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 3:31 PM
I've been working on remodelling the Goth house to better accommodate a growing, multi-generational family. Working on the theory that making it a bit too big while they're rich is better than risking running out of space later, when financial crises may have hit, this was produced:

The roofline is very different form the original look, but I think it still looks Gothish enough while being modern. Also, except for that turret, it is useful...

The new stargazing deck, soon to get the expensive telescope hauled up to it due to Alexander's desire to get the extraterrestrial reparations scholarship. The turret roof looks like it blocks the stairs, but that's just the snow -- the roof looks much better without snow! Notice that the other roofs are high enough for at least storage space, and a small room in the case of the biggest part.

What will be Cassandra's private patio.The turret serves as access to it, and exists because I think the Goth house should have a tower!

The re-done attic is meant to be useful! The red room will be a study/place for Bella's odd things (the coffin is her fault!), the blue one is Cassandra and Don's room (note separate beds), and the room in between will be a nursery for the little darlings Cassandra insists on having (the first bun's in the oven already, and Don is going to be very surprised...). I guess there should be a bathroom up there, but where to put it? Alexander is already lobbying for access to the largest roof segment as his new room...

(And yes, I built around Don at the easel.)
Instructor
#429 Old 24th Aug 2013 at 4:20 PM
My attempt at a Far Eastern style house and landscaping.

"Somtimes the stars align." ~Dean Lowry, ABC's Pan Am. ♥ ⚓ ♥
Lab Assistant
#430 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 1:15 PM
I just found this old picture of a Plantsim lot that I had made ca. 5 years ago. It's long gone now due to a hardware crash.
#431 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 7:25 PM
The Alper Family House - Built entirely by myself

Matthew enjoys his snow angel
Mad Poster
#432 Old 16th Oct 2013 at 8:35 PM
This is the very first house that I have actually built myself. Usually I build myself on community lots, but for residential I just convert Maxis houses.
This is a starter house that I built for BJ Shaikh, the Tricou Goth, when he moved into Veronaville to live alone. Being a Goth, BJ likes it dark, so it looks quite different to all my other starter houses. The interior colours are all dark, and the house is overshadowed by tall trees. All the trees make it hard to get a decent picture of it.

This I about the best view I could get of the front of the house. BJ had only moved in for minutes when his old enemy Charlie Benson came and kicked the dustbin over! I've no idea why Charlie hates BJ so much. Maybe he doesn't like Goths.

I don't know how Charlie found it. BJ has it well hidden amongst the trees. It's the plumbbob in among the trees in the road above the canal.

This is a view of the interior of the house. BJ is entertaining his (half?) brother Ravi Bertino and their mutual friend Kendra McCarthy the Veronaville townie.
Instructor
#433 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 9:08 PM
I can't build if my life depended on it, plus the roof tool is sometimes confusing. Here's a house that I made a little bit earlier just so I could have a home for one of my families. Still not furnished though, and the outside isn't done.

http://i1360.photobucket.com/albums...zps04154251.png

(The roof is horrible; needs to change)

There are so many beatiful houses here! O.O I don't really use CC, though.
Field Researcher
#434 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 3:13 PM
juhhmi Big applause for your house!!! WOW!!
Test Subject
#435 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 12:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flarz
juhhmi Big applause for your house!!! WOW!!

Thank you very much!

I wish I had time, energy and interest to finish my grand plans for my Baroque neighborhood...
Field Researcher
#436 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juhhmi
Thank you very much!

I wish I had time, energy and interest to finish my grand plans for my Baroque neighborhood...

Oh sad actually....
Test Subject
#437 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 7:26 PM Last edited by JulySims2 : 11th Sep 2014 at 11:04 PM.
The Curious Brothers

Well, I thought they needed a new house. I loved the roof of the old one but the floor plan was just so strange... They never used the indoor doors to the room.
I might have to adjust this house a little, since at the moment it has no room for Vidcund so he's sleeping in the laboratory...
However I ran out of money and since I don't use cheats, this'll have to wait.
Also I wanted the house to still be somewhat strange but with a nicer floor plan.

A lot of the stuff is from their old house and just recolored... I flattened the lot instead
of moving them to a new one and then I just moved everything aside and built the house.
I guess that counts as landscaping? If not I can put it in random pictures but it fits better with the house.

This is their new house. The siding will probably change as I am currently
working on maxis siding recolors. It will however be in Aelias Retro Colours
so it'll still have fancy colors.

A closer look at the front yard. The house is supposed to be fenced in to save the brothers from
Olive Specter but they don't have the money for full fences right now.
By the way, the sim in the second picture is Olive, as she was coming over
to mock at Vidcund. You can see the scene in the emotions & expressions thread.
Test Subject
#438 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 10:12 PM
Default Pics
I maded this one ( my very first x'D)
Screenshots
Test Subject
#439 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 10:36 PM
Looks great lovesaritafofa! I like the geometry in it (if that makes any sense) and it's a house I surely would let my sims live in The only thing that would bother me would be that there's no floor surrounding the pool...
Mad Poster
#440 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 6:47 PM
Here is a house I made for Beau Broke:

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#441 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 8:43 AM
Too bad nobody has posted, because I am working on a new house. I was supposed to be building a Gothic Estate for the GOTHS, but it's become more Edwardian (?)

And here's a shot of the dining room. I like to make a sitting area for coffee - that always is handy for the head-master. The table is not set to eat at, but just for guests; wine, fruit, and cigars will set a lovely mood.

Test Subject
#442 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Too bad nobody has posted, because I am working on a new house. I was supposed to be building a Gothic Estate for the GOTHS, but it's become more Edwardian (?)

Personally I think it's too bright for the goths, but that's just my humble opinion. Apart from that it's a really great house!

My Simblr: Julke-Sims
Mad Poster
#443 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JulySims2
Personally I think it's too bright for the goths, but that's just my humble opinion. Apart from that it's a really great house!

I agree; as I said, I STARTED to make it Goth, but Goth is not only dark, but more primitive. I just enjoy playing when I can look at décor I like, even though I'm not sure what style it IS.

Test Subject
#444 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 10:53 AM
It wasn't meant in a bad way, I really like the house! Especially because it looks so sophisticated. Whatever style it is, it's great!

Test Subject
#445 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 11:44 AM
Hello Guys,

start to build my first two houses! I want to show and earn some styling tips or something like that.

-> The main Beach house.

-> Main Beach house two, with garage and beach

And here is the second one

-> This is a house on the hills with a little forrest. There is a drive way and a hidden stair to enter the house!
Mad Poster
#446 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JulySims2
It wasn't meant in a bad way, I really like the house! Especially because it looks so sophisticated. Whatever style it is, it's great!

No insult taken! I guess we at MTS try hard not to offend - and some people seem EASY to offend! Personally, I LIKE constructive criticism.

Mad Poster
#447 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 8:05 PM
Sorry for double-posting, but seems best.
Here is a new home for the Broke family. I created SKIP broke; he was middle aged and well off when he convinced Brandy to give him a second chance. Blender made him be seen as father to the boys - and the younger one already runs to give him a hug.
That big window in front looks odd, but I like the effect from the INSIDE

Test Subject
#448 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 9:11 PM
I like the window, the plants obscure the view enough in my opinion Especially because it really looks awesome from inside!
(Also it's Sims, so who cares about privacy? )

Mad Poster
#449 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 3:16 AM
Widespot Village - A Work In Progress

The house on the left has been designed for the Ottomas family as they were 30 sim-days ago. It has 4 bedroom, 1 1/2 bathrooms and a lovely garden, which is divided into two parts. One half is a conventional garden, with a patio, a vegetables garden and plenty of greenery, and the other part is a place for Dora to keep chickens - I will use an invisible clone of the floor divider fence that came with Pets to separate her garden from the communal area so that the apartments will (should?) zone properly.

The house on the right has been designed for Daytona Beech and her son Hamilton. It is very modern and the colour scheme reflects Daytona's tendency to see things in black and white (or it will do, once I find some suitable roofing!). It's still a shell, so I don't know how many bedrooms and bathroom it will have - if necessary I may add another storey.

The plot next to the Beech residence will be home to Skye Weiss, and the plot at the front of the picture will house newly-wed Beulah and Homer Land. But I haven't got round to building them yet... This lot is taking ages to build, but I'm really enjoying doing it! :-)

There is a parking area in the communal area - the cars are technically shared, but really they will be Daytona's, Dora's and Homer's, from the black car forwards. The area of shrubs and trees on the right of the picture is hiding the shadow of the invisible soccer goal that I created the other day - the stupid shadow won't go away! :-( There will also be a small playground, chess tables and possibly a BBQ area.

If you'd like to find out more about Widespot Village, check out the links in my signature. Both my Tumblr and the website are still works in progress, but there is something on both of them.
Mad Poster
#450 Old 31st Dec 2013 at 4:24 PM
Laura; don't understand what you're doing - apartment? But I love your style.
Here's a house I made for the Ramaswamis. Since he want's to be a rock god, he dresses "English", but his wife and house are "traditional". Well, actually NOT - I have no idea what that would BE, so I just threw every wild color in, and am surprised that I LIKE it! I especially like "layering".

Page 18 of 40