Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#276 Old 25th May 2015 at 3:16 AM
I have a Mac and I cannot get mods to work. It worked fine when I had a PC, and my mods are working fine on all my other Sims games. I've followed the instructions multiple times to ensure I've done it correctly. Everything is where it should be, but the mods aren't working. Can anyone help?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 25th May 2015 at 11:55 PM Last edited by springacres : 26th May 2015 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Added a tip.
Quote: Originally posted by nicjmartin
I have a Mac and I cannot get mods to work. It worked fine when I had a PC, and my mods are working fine on all my other Sims games. I've followed the instructions multiple times to ensure I've done it correctly. Everything is where it should be, but the mods aren't working. Can anyone help?

I was running into this question myself (trying to be sure I've installed the mods correctly the first time) and found this thread via Google. Going to try it myself, hope it helps!

[Edit] I recommend creating an alias (for you Windows users, that's Apple's term for a shortcut) for the TSM Mods folder and placing it somewhere on your desktop, so it's easier to find.
Test Subject
#278 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 2:45 AM
its not working. I don't know what I did wrong . I literally did everything u said to do. Help?????
Test Subject
#279 Old 6th Sep 2015 at 6:28 AM
I know for a fact ive done everything right so far, I mod my sims 3 game all the time! Everything is in the right folder, everything is named right, game says it's fully updated, but when I go to create a character none of my custom content shows up. Just absolutely nothing. Ive got the mod folder in the installation folder, packages inside that, resource.cfg in the install directory, the .dll in the /bin/ folder. Absolutely nothing, its infuriating!
Test Subject
#280 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 3:14 AM
Correct so far, but won't load.

I think I've done everything correct.

It won't run ANY of my mods. Please help and tell me what I might have done wrong.
Test Subject
#281 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KatarinaMitzi

I think I've done everything correct.

It won't run ANY of my mods. Please help and tell me what I might have done wrong.

Did you happen to replace that resource.cfg in the bin folder? Because they're not the same resource as the one that you're meant to have at the ''installation folder". Open that resource in your bin folder via notepad. Does the resource.cfg (the one in the bin folder) has this:

Priority 500
DirectoryFiles Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

If yes, idk I know that's definitely the wrong resource on that bin folder. Don't know how replace that or anything. If not, then from what the other previous post from this thread it may either be an outdated mod or a corrupt mod. May have to do a process of elimination. Hope that helps.
Test Subject
#282 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 3:49 PM
Help!!!
I need help i just recently started playing the sims and I've NEVER installed mods before I have done everything it says to do but I can't seem to do it right. It might be because i'm installing CC hair but the creator told me to come here. I have went throught this page to try and figure out whats wrong and to see if I could figure it out but I haven't.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#283 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
2) Set up your Mod folder. To do this, open your TSM installation folder and create a new folder named "Mods". Important: Mods do not (as of yet) work in the \My Documents\ folder where TSM saves some data, so be absolutely certain to go to your installation folder!

You've done the exact opposite of the above.
Test Subject
#284 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 2:12 PM
Thank You Sooooo much i owe you one
Hiya y'all,

I noticed there seems to be a lot of confusion on how to successfully enable testingcheats or load mods for TSM so I blatantly copied some info in an attempt to help beginners to get everything to work properly. I hope this is useful to anyone.

First steps:

1) Patch your game. Rick's Debug Enabler does not work with the unpatched game.
2) Set up your Mod folder. To do this, open your TSM installation folder and create a new folder named "Mods". Important: Mods do not (as of yet) work in the \My Documents\ folder where TSM saves some data, so be absolutely certain to go to your installation folder!
Now create a new folder within the "Mods" folder called "Packages".
3) Now you need to add a resource.cfg file to your main TSM install folder, so the game knows you have mods and where to look for them. It is basically a text file that serves the same function it did in TS3 and contains the following:

4) Now you're all set up! This will load most of the current TSM mods. Put the *.package files into your Mods\Packages\ directory. You can use subfolders if you like. Subfolders will not work if your resource.cfg does only contain PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package! Some Mods will create subfolders when you unzip them. If they do not show up or work this may be the reason why!

5) If you want to use Rick's Debug Enabler and/or TSM's testing cheats you will need to enable TestingCheatsEnabled as described in this post in order to enable the debug commands.

6) Script Mods will require d3dx9_31.dll to work. Chances are you're going to need this in the future as more Mods are made. d3dx9_31.dll goes into your \TSM Install Folder\Game\Bin directory.
Test Subject
#285 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 10:20 PM
OK I don't understand where is my installation folder!
I only have 2 folders that have the sims medieval in it.

The first one is : /Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims Medieval
The Second one is: /Program Files(x86)/Origin Games

And I've followed the instruction with the second one and it's not working!
Lab Assistant
#286 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 12:53 AM
This doesn't work for some reason...
Test Subject
#287 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 2:30 PM
I've followed all instructions as far as I can tell, but STILL none of my mods seem to take effect.
Install directory, not documents, dxdll, resource.cfg, mods folder, packages folder, patched up to date.
Running through Origin and desperate for CAS mod of some kind (trying to cure Blue eye) less bird whistling and less sword fights. Otherwise I'm perfectly happy.
Have Pirates and Nobles, also through Origin.

Please help... I've been trying for days...
Test Subject
#288 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 10:48 AM
Hey, first of all thanks for that page. However I can't figure out how to install mods and seem to fail at the very first step. By patching do you mean: get the latest version? Or is there a patch I need to download? I bought the game last friday via origin (inkl. Pirates), created the mods and packages folder as well as game and bin, added cfg, etc. It doesn't work... any help appreciated.

Thanks
Test Subject
#289 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 1:53 AM
Hey! Has anyone here managed to get mods to work with Windows 10?
Forum Resident
#290 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 10:50 PM
I can't find these files to edit. I have Windows 10. where do I find them?
Test Subject
#291 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:52 AM
Hiya y'all,

I noticed there seems to be a lot of confusion on how to successfully enable testingcheats or load mods for TSM so I blatantly copied some info in an attempt to help beginners to get everything to work properly. I hope this is useful to anyone.

First steps:

1) Patch your game. Rick's Debug Enabler does not work with the unpatched game.
Now create a new folder within the "Mods" folder called "Packages".
3) Now you need to add a resource.cfg file to your main TSM install folder, so the game knows you have mods and where to look for them. It is basically a text file that serves the same function it did in TS3 and contains the following:

4) Now you're all set up! This will load most of the current TSM mods. Put the *.package files into your Mods\Packages\ directory. You can use subfolders if you like. Subfolders will not work if your resource.cfg does only contain PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package! Some Mods will create subfolders when you unzip them. If they do not show up or work this may be the reason why!

5) If you want to use Rick's Debug Enabler and/or TSM's testing cheats you will need to enable TestingCheatsEnabled as described in this post in order to enable the debug commands.

6) Script Mods will require d3dx9_31.dll to work. Chances are you're going to need this in the future as more Mods are made. d3dx9_31.dll goes into your \TSM Install Folder\Game\Bin directory.

Thank you! :D
Test Subject
#292 Old 28th May 2018 at 1:33 PM
thank you duck man
Test Subject
#293 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 9:08 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#294 Old 4th Jul 2019 at 3:58 PM
Default help!
i followed every little detail of this walktrough but i just cant make it work what am i doing wrong? all my files are in the correct folders but it just wont work.
Test Subject
#295 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 4:58 AM
Hello,

I have no idea if this message will be seen, but I tried following the instructions multiple times and testing the game with the nointro package in my mods/packages folder and it doesn't appear to be working? In my TSM folder, there is nothing called game/bin so maybe this is what is wrong? Mine looks like: documents/electronic arts/the sims medieval/currentgame.tsm, installedworlds, saves, thumbnails, caspartcache,compositorcache,deviceconfig.log,options.ini,simscompositorcache, TSMLOGS.xml

If anyone still plays TSM, sees this and knows how to fix it, please get back to me as soon as you can

Thanks!
Test Subject
#296 Old 28th Sep 2019 at 4:27 AM Last edited by SnowWhite_Queen : 10th Oct 2019 at 5:51 PM.
The resource.cfg file keeps on causing the game to crash. The loading bar stays empty for a few seconds before the game closes itself when I put the resource.cfg file in the correct folder. When I remove it, the game loads fine.

I tried redownloading it twice in case the file was broken for some reason, but it still isn't working.

Edit: nevermind, one of my mods was the issue
Test Subject
#297 Old 6th Nov 2019 at 12:28 AM
Hi! I'm having trouble getting my TSM custom content and mods to work. I recently started to play the game again after I got it to work on my Origin account. But could anyone, please, tell me what I am doing wrong? I have followed every installation guide etc - I put the Resource.cfg file in my Sims Medieval main folder (where the game is installed) and then created the Mods folder with the Packages folder inside. In the Packages folder I put my .package files (mostly hairs and clothes) and the "nointro mod". I also put the d3dx9_31.dll in Game/Bin folder. What am I doing wrong? I really need help with this -- and I'm sorry if I'm messing up your discussion board but I need someone who knows how to fix this to help me
Thank you in advance.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#298 Old 6th Nov 2019 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Millesmille00
Hi! I'm having trouble getting my TSM custom content and mods to work. I recently started to play the game again after I got it to work on my Origin account. But could anyone, please, tell me what I am doing wrong? I have followed every installation guide etc - I put the Resource.cfg file in my Sims Medieval main folder (where the game is installed) and then created the Mods folder with the Packages folder inside. In the Packages folder I put my .package files (mostly hairs and clothes) and the "nointro mod". I also put the d3dx9_31.dll in Game/Bin folder. What am I doing wrong? I really need help with this -- and I'm sorry if I'm messing up your discussion board but I need someone who knows how to fix this to help me
Thank you in advance.

I don't know if it is the same in Sims Medieval but in Sims 3 you would often have to delete a scriptCache file prior to starting game in order for new mods to take effect. In sims 3 these scriptCache files are generated everytime you start a game.
Test Subject
#299 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 9:17 AM Last edited by ArtOfWar1999 : 23rd Dec 2019 at 9:50 PM.
Default ?
Anyone know what's going wrong?
Converting TS3 Hair CC to TSM
Screenshots
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#300 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ArtOfWar1999
Anyone know what's going wrong?
Converting TS3 CC to TSM

I think you may need to provide a better explanation of what Sims 3 cc you are trying to convert to sims medieval, the exact steps you took to convert,and where you encountered problems in order for anyone to be able to help you. I also don't know if you are aware or care that a name is in your screenshot(you can edit picture files to hide name before uploading in case you did not know).
Page 12 of 13