Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 11:37 PM
After testing it out briefly - and noticing that the game with the mods I have is currently completely broken, as expected (*sigh* Time to wait) - I can say the following:

- The ability to just copy a room is something I really, really wanted. It's awesome that it is finally possible!
- The Lot Traits seemed silly when first introduced and now looking at them...they prett much are; especially since they are all positive. No negative ones in the basegame. I swear, this game is to easy in all the wrong places while also to hard in all the wrong places.

The rest of the patch notes seem to be partially right and partially not. Oh, and I did encounter the freezing that was mentioned above as well.

I am looking forward to modders adding more traits for the lots so that this ability might actually be usefull.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 12:14 AM
The mods I have are decoration objects, nice props and textures. It seems the update broke none of those installed and the game loaded fine. What was that, skyrim...? No, I was talking about these mods. Yes, I know you think skyrim is for the nords but mods are for TS4, go stick that in your remaster.
Test Subject
#28 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JoieWilder
Is there a thread or anything with a list of broken mods?

I would also like one of these. I'm getting infinite loading screens and my main picture is black if my mods are running...

King of Pop
Michael Jackson
August 29th 1958 - June 25th 2009
We love you Michael, you're forever in our heart! R.I.P.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 2:27 AM
With pre-expansion patch, having a list of broken mods would not help you as the changes usually severe and one must assume every mods are broken until declared otherwise.

Having a list of updated or functional mods however would help.
Smeg Head
#30 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
BTW they should do something about the phone harassment (texts included): so many shit to click through.

I've been testing a mod I made to stop all non-essential, silly incoming phone calls and texts. It is certainly ridiculous the amount that happen. *Ring, ring.. "Hey, I heard you learnt how to tie up your shoe lace today. Fancy coming out tonight to celebrate?"*

Okay, that example isn't actually one of them, but not far off the mark. There are hundreds of them. I whittled it down to the ones the make sense, "Hey, congratulations on the baby," "Happy birthday!" "Congrats on the wedding." "Yeah, I've wanted to murder my mother-in-law for a long time, too. Well done for killing yours. Let's go out and celebrate!"

Okay, that last one isn't true either. But I narrowed it down to a handful of the rarer, sensible ones. All others gone. I'll upload the mod after patching and updating.
Test Subject
#31 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JoieWilder
Is there a thread or anything with a list of broken mods?

Here's a list I found, I hope it helps!
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...ds-oct-27-16-cl

King of Pop
Michael Jackson
August 29th 1958 - June 25th 2009
We love you Michael, you're forever in our heart! R.I.P.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 12:02 PM
i had to remove Cheater Mod v3.3.2 today, sadly. it would lock up the game menu and all functions of the game menu, preventing me from exiting, as well.
Forum Resident
#33 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 12:20 PM Last edited by rodrigues : 29th Oct 2016 at 9:55 PM.
For some reason, this patch affected the performance of my previously smooth game. It seems to be a normal complain with this update, I hope this is something the team is looking into and not one of those things that will live forever on.

It's a gaming pc, it shouldn't be happening with TS4 and leaves very little incentive to look for the EP.

EDIT - It's fixed now for me, seems it only lasted one session
Alchemist
#34 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 1:38 PM
@bubbajoe62, the AOM wrench icon hider mod is updated now. It still comes in three versions, one will hide all wrenches, one hides wrenches only on the catalog thumbnail, and the third keeps the wrench on the catalog thumbnail but replaces the one on the swatch thumbnail with a small dot. You can download the updated CC wrench icon hider HERE .
Test Subject
#35 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
For some reason, this patch affected the performance of my previously smooth game. It seems to be a normal complain with this update, I hope this is something the team is looking into and not one of those things that will live forever on.

It's a gaming pc, it shouldn't be happening with TS4 and leaves very little incentive to look for the EP.

This is happening to me too. It stutters and hangs and I never experienced that until this patch.
Scholar
#36 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 4:35 PM
My game was freezing up for about 2 seconds several times a day, but that seems to have resolved?

I can buy medicine on the PC again but not spare parts.
Test Subject
#37 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 7:09 PM
Is there a link for the new update , and will there be a link for the city living ?
also ive been busy so i forgot how to download updates!!! Help!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 9:45 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 29th Oct 2016 at 10:15 PM.
freefreefreebee44> You don't download updates, Origin does it automatically. If you want to check if it's patched, launch Origin, go into your library, right click on the game and select 'check for updates'

coolspear1> I love you
Forum Resident
#39 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shaposh2012
This is happening to me too. It stutters and hangs and I never experienced that until this patch.

Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
My game was freezing up for about 2 seconds several times a day, but that seems to have resolved?

Yeah, it seems it was only for the first gameplay session after the patch. At least it looks fixed to me now.
Scholar
#40 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 11:48 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 30th Oct 2016 at 6:55 AM.
Its still doing it but less.

I can purchase all things on the computer again. I don't know what that was, but I suspect it was a problem on MY end. I had the old version of MC Mastercontroller still installed, I missed a file when deleting.

I also had to remove "Coffee gives more energy" mod from this forum as the moodlet it gives was causing my sims to continually reset and T-pose.

ETA: After removing Coffee mod, still t-posing and resetting upon gaining energized moodlet. I might have to clear my cache.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 9:56 AM
I don't even bother to try to read them. WAY too long for me.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 30th Oct 2016 at 4:28 PM
I had to remove the packing crate and the motivedecay-mod, because my game didn't even start while using them.
After deleting both of the VERY USEFUL mods everything is ok again, and luckily I found another motivedecay-mod (after long time searching). I will miss the packing crate so much!
Field Researcher
#43 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
I've been testing a mod I made to stop all non-essential, silly incoming phone calls and texts. It is certainly ridiculous the amount that happen. *Ring, ring.. "Hey, I heard you learnt how to tie up your shoe lace today. Fancy coming out tonight to celebrate?"*

Okay, that example isn't actually one of them, but not far off the mark. There are hundreds of them. I whittled it down to the ones the make sense, "Hey, congratulations on the baby," "Happy birthday!" "Congrats on the wedding." "Yeah, I've wanted to murder my mother-in-law for a long time, too. Well done for killing yours. Let's go out and celebrate!"

Okay, that last one isn't true either. But I narrowed it down to a handful of the rarer, sensible ones. All others gone. I'll upload the mod after patching and updating.

Coolspear, you crack me up....that's funny. But, ya, those constant texts about going out to various places to celebrate nonsense things gets on my nerves.
Instructor
#44 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
The mods I have are decoration objects, nice props and textures. It seems the update broke none of those installed and the game loaded fine. What was that, skyrim...? No, I was talking about these mods. Yes, I know you think skyrim is for the nords but mods are for TS4, go stick that in your remaster.

Looks like someone's had a bit too much Honningbrew Mead...

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 31st Oct 2016 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Candlelight
I had to remove the packing crate and the motivedecay-mod, because my game didn't even start while using them.
After deleting both of the VERY USEFUL mods everything is ok again, and luckily I found another motivedecay-mod (after long time searching). I will miss the packing crate so much!

Well, damn! I wish I had found this thread earlier. I spent about 1 hr, 45 mins yesterday trying to isolate which mods were causing the infinite loading screen. I found out it was the packing crate eventually and I would have found out sooner but some part of me just could not imagine that was the culprit.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 1st Nov 2016 at 4:44 PM Last edited by ryuusei86 : 1st Nov 2016 at 5:09 PM.
Well, I think I'll start my game for the first time in a few weeks (I couldn't stand the stupid-looking zombie apocalypse Sims and hope they're gone forever). If there's a Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space, it's me. :P

EDIT: Well, the good news is there is no BFBVFS. The bad news is, of course, that the zombies are still walking around my town. Apparently I have to wait 3-4 more days for them to disappear.
Page 2 of 2