Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Sep 2015 at 4:57 AM Last edited by anonamiss : 23rd Sep 2015 at 5:40 AM.
Default Where does CC that comes with .sims3pack/.sim get installed?
Hey! Sorry if this is in the wrong area, just wondering if anyone could answer my question.

When you install a custom made sim (.sims3pack or .sim) that has custom content included (like hair, makeup, etc.) where is this content installed? I'm trying to manage my custom content and normally have everything very organized (all in labeled folders) but I can't figure out where this content goes.

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2015 at 7:31 PM
If you put a .sim file in your Saved Sims folder, and you don't have the necessary custom content installed, it'll usually just go in your game without any custom content. This can be a problem if they use custom skins, because then they end up looking pitch black like the endless void, and if they use custom sliders, well...their faces end up not looking right.

If you install a Sim through the Launcher, they usually install without their custom content, although they'll sometimes carry the CC over with them. To prevent this, I'd recommend Delphy's CUSTARD .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Sep 2015 at 4:41 AM Last edited by anonamiss : 28th Sep 2015 at 9:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by IndigoMontoya
If you put a .sim file in your Saved Sims folder, and you don't have the necessary custom content installed, it'll usually just go in your game without any custom content. This can be a problem if they use custom skins, because then they end up looking pitch black like the endless void, and if they use custom sliders, well...their faces end up not looking right.

If you install a Sim through the Launcher, they usually install without their custom content, although they'll sometimes carry the CC over with them. To prevent this, I'd recommend Delphy's CUSTARD .

Thank you, I have non-default skins, hair, clothing, etc. that got pulled over and I'm pretty sure it is from the Sims3Packs. I'll give Delphy's tool a shot to prevent things in the future, but am still wondering where I can find/delete already installed content.
Test Subject
#4 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 8:54 AM
To be rid of things installed with the launcher open the launcher, click installed content, then check what you don't want.