Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 1:16 AM
Default Nrass Story Progression Question
Families keep moving into houses in my world randomly, and I don't want this. Is there a way I can disable it?

Thanks!
Jesse
Advertisement
Theorist
#3 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 3:28 AM
You can set a population limit and you can turn off immigration. But there are other systems in the game that will move sims into town. One is the careers system - any time you put a sim in a job the game will generate co-workers that move into town.

You should consider posting this question at the NRASS wiki; the people there are very knowledgeable about the game and how the mods work. You have to register first, though. http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Chatterbox

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Alchemist
#4 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 12:11 PM
Another way is that if townies occupy a house you want you can simply just move them?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 10:29 PM
SP Immigration is actually off by default when you install the mod. But another reason inactives might be occupying formerly empty houses is that they are moving around and larger households might be splitting up, especially as teens grow up, romantic partnerships/marriages form, and households grow in size. They all have to live somewhere, as Emigration is also off by default and not very easy to activate again.

If you want certain houses to remain empty with or without Immigration, you could set them as (Player) Ownable in Edit Town and other sims won't move into those. Or you could pull out the refrigerators -- sims will never move into a house that has no fridge on their own.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 12:42 AM
You could all so removed the beds form non active lots this stop family you don't want moving in.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 7th Oct 2015 at 4:04 AM
I've always rezoned those lots as no visitors allowed community lots to keep them empty and there are ways to stop the game from moving them out or splitting the families up without your permission.I set allow to move and allow to move solo to false in all options including town options.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
SP can disable the immigration option. However, in 6 yrs I have never gotten it to work. So I just keep vigilant and make sure every house in my town is always filled with my own sims.

Really? In the release I have has immigration disabled by default and I never get people in unless I turn it on.
Theorist
#9 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 1:28 AM
I placed a house for future use and set it as a community lot, no visitors allowed. Except it had a professional bar in it, which generated a bartender. Then residents of the town kept going to the lot, even though it was set as no visitors allowed.

So now I use the "Ownable" label, which is a label from the travel worlds (so you may have to have World Adventures to have it?). Sims won't move into the lot on their own and if I want I can change it back to a regular residential lot when I'm ready to use it.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
I placed a house for future use and set it as a community lot, no visitors allowed. Except it had a professional bar in it, which generated a bartender. Then residents of the town kept going to the lot, even though it was set as no visitors allowed.

So now I use the "Ownable" label, which is a label from the travel worlds (so you may have to have World Adventures to have it?). Sims won't move into the lot on their own and if I want I can change it back to a regular residential lot when I'm ready to use it.

No Visitors Allowed is a designation for rabbithole lots. It means only sims who have official rabbithole business will be pulled to those lots, as opposed to those who like to hang out outside of the school or science building, for example, to chat or play a game of catch. It isn't supposed to have an impact on venues.

I'm pretty sure there is a non-WA counterpart to "Ownable." And I thought it was "Player Ownable" but one of the patches might have changed that.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 3:44 AM
I use MasterController with Story progression, and there's an option to turn off immigration with MC. From what I've seen, it works
Mad Poster
#12 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 5:15 AM Last edited by igazor : 9th Oct 2015 at 5:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by vampiresam9097
I use MasterController with Story progression, and there's an option to turn off immigration with MC. From what I've seen, it works

I'm sorry, but there might be some confusion here. MasterController doesn't have any direct say over immigration, it's all StoryProgression (and Register, when talking about Role/Service Sims). Could you perhaps specify which MasterController command you meant?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I'm sorry, but there might be some confusion here. MasterController doesn't have any direct say over immigration, it's all StoryProgression (and Register, when talking about Role/Service Sims). Could you perhaps specify which MasterController command you meant?

Whoops, you're right, I meant Register lol. Yeah it was definitely Register, so just replace everything I said with that.