Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 1:52 AM
Default Which do you prefer: EA Highlights or Adjust Shine?
Back in Sims 2, I would always go for custom textures because the hairs always looked so pretty, however I soon got fed up with all the different colors of blonde or red or whatnot, so I decided to only download Maxis Match hairs. Now in my Sims 3 days, I'm not finding a mega difference between EA Highlights or Adjust Shine, but I still prefer the EA ones when trying to keep my game as base as possible.

What are your guys's preferences (and maybe favorite creators)?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 3:42 AM
I prefer EA highlights. Adjust-shine are just too shiny for my tastes!

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 6:07 AM
Though I'm still a bit of an EA-Match in terms of TS3 content, I'm actually finding many adjust-shine hairs that didn't fit in well with TS2, actually can fit in nicely with the TS3 aesthetics and not look too about of place.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
#4 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 6:48 PM
Anything but AS. It's far, far too much shine!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Though I'm still a bit of an EA-Match in terms of TS3 content, I'm actually finding many adjust-shine hairs that didn't fit in well with TS2, actually can fit in nicely with the TS3 aesthetics and not look too about of place.

That's a really good point, actually.
Alchemist
#6 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 8:38 PM
At first I got only Adjust Shine, but now I prefer EA highlights. Some AS textures make the hair look greasy and the colors too strong but, on the other hand, certain hairs look better in AS textures than EA ones. And I always appreciate a creator more when they offer both options for download (Beavehausen, for example, used to provide at least 3 options; I haven't been to their site in a while so I'm not sure about the current state of affairs, though).

Anyway, I would say old Peggy hairs have objectively bad textures: very dark roots, with very contrasting textures.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 9:29 PM
If both versions are available, and specifically stated not to conflict, I download both. EA-highlights allow for coloured stripes and tips, and AS tends to look more glamorous. It depends what sort of Sim I want to use the hair on. Also, AS is adjustable, so you can set the highlights to be as strong or subtle as you prefer. Old Peggy and Newsea hairs have bad textures that don't really look good either way.