Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 9:29 PM
All these homes look great unlike mine

Check out my Tumblr its called Sims2pictures

Call me Colin
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#52 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 9:36 PM
Awww, it is practice taking the pictures and - for me it is important - paying attention to the roof line.

If you are struggling with that, try looking at some of the build tutorials.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
#53 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 9:42 PM
Yeah im getting better

Call me Colin
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#54 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 11:16 PM
Wow, Karen that is really great use of maxis items. I love the roof and the outside brick pattern. Really creative. You're really going all out.

Hencing, good to see you back in one of these contests! Love your garden and I forgot how well that little side table went with the round country one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#55 Old 26th Aug 2013 at 11:32 PM
Yeah I have to agree with Jo here it Looks AMAZING. How long did it take you to make that

Call me Colin
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#56 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gagafanu
Yeah I have to agree with Jo here it Looks AMAZING. How long did it take you to make that
Are you asking me how long it took to create my house? If so it usually takes me weeks to do these things but surprisingly this only took me 2 long days to create. If I have to source relevant CC it can take the 2 full weeks of each round to create.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Field Researcher
#57 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 12:16 AM
Thanks for the Anwser Karen

Call me Colin
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Field Researcher
#59 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 3:46 AM
Colin thinks this is SO AMAZING

Call me Colin
Mad Poster
#60 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 4:05 AM
Great new entries - WOW!
I was gonna go modern (now I'm glad I didn't ) I just can't build a kitchen without upper cabinets! So, I had to use the SSN set. Not modern. *sigh*

Quick question... is the store stuff considered CC? What about Pets/Lifestyles/Castaway? And NO recolors right? Can I still use CFE and other building cheats? What about invisible recolors?
OK - that's more than one question. But nothing matches!!! Yikes!

What if, like, I have HL's backless tub defaulted... that's a default, so as long as I declare it, I'm good, right?

...and yes. I'll be jumping in soon

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#61 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 7:57 AM
I would say store stuff, pets/lifestyles/castaway is downloads, personally I even think defaults are downloads as you are really physically putting something new into the game, and I think you guys are are really lucky to be able to use them and also cc walls and floors, as to me no cc is nothing extra at all that has gone into the game. But yes Catherine, backless tub if its defaulted is ok, since defaults are allowed

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Inventor
#62 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 1:30 PM
Alright, here's my Round One Entry.

This is by far the first house that I've decorated that I'm actually proud of. Probably because I modeled a lot of areas after homes that I've lived in.

Defaults used: Phaenoh's White Roof Trim, and Maranatah's Wall Top Replacement in White

It's ten pictures, but I get an extra picture for each level of the house over the first one right? If not, I can take out a couple of the pics. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Field Researcher
#63 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 3:41 PM
wow that looks great

Call me Colin
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#64 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 9:18 PM Last edited by jones7659 : 28th Aug 2013 at 6:03 PM.
Ok, I know no cc...does that include non visible cc? Like OMSPs? ( I'm sure they still count as cc, I'm just being hopeful, lol) And thanks for hosting Loaf! I can finally join one
Field Researcher
#65 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 11:05 PM
Im sure that counts as CC Jones sorry

Call me Colin
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#66 Old 27th Aug 2013 at 11:25 PM
I just had a thought, along the lines of invisible cc. I might have furniture with added slots for deco items. Does the game allow deco items be placed on top of a chest of draws? I did that in both bedrooms. The lot would still package as no cc though so I guess they could be classed as defaults.

Thoughts on that Loaf?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#67 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 2:04 AM
I finished my house - I think... I 'm checking in for a ruling on invisified OMSP's.

It's gonna be a tough call: if we can use defaults with added slots, then we should be able to use OMSP's - so long as the stuff we're putting on the slots is not CC, of course. Right?
Either that or absolutely NO CC (including defaults) and that really wouldn't be any fun

BTW - If I turn off CC at the control panel, like Jo suggested, I only have 1 (one) door! The UNI dorm door... and 2 windows, and I'm missing bunches and bunches of other things that I know are not CC. For some reason AGS has an astricks next to everything in the catalog! I made a new AGS just for this contest, it's everything except H&M and M&G, with no CC - except the hacks I can't do without.

Do I remember something about AGS#2 having problems? 'Cause this IS my #2.

Oh, and, are the art nouveau non-modular open-underneath stairs original to the game? Or are they an override from HL? I'm not changing their color (I know Lunie enabled that - but what about the open-underneath part?) These are the full staircase ones, not the modulars...

Thanks!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#68 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 2:33 AM
Personally, I think OMSPs are going too far - you are fully aware that those are CC. The idea is to try and do it without CC, not to find a way to get the CC allowed. Sometimes it is hard to tell with defaults, but for the rest you can just not use something if it has a star on it.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Alchemist
#69 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 2:58 AM
Agree with Lee omsp's are cc, you can place some items on some dressers, I think this was included in either Mansion & Gardens or AL, Catherine it sounds like one of the hacks you said you left in is causing everything to show up as cc, I had that once, took forever to figure out which one it was, never heard of an AGS problem though, am using my AGS 2 at the moment and theres no cc in that and no hacks and everything is fine. Try taking out the hacks and see if its one of those maybe Art Nouveau stairs I believe were solid, as far as I can remember off hand the only open underneath ones were the steel type ones, but don't quote me not 100% sure!

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#70 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 3:22 AM
I have some maxis items, such as the driveways show up as cc and they disappear when I toggle cc off. I just keep in mind what I know really is maxis in cases like that, toggle it on and place then turn it off again. If it shows as cc in Clean Installer it shouldn't be used, which would include OMPS's.

I think it should be more a matter of everyone trying to use maxis as much as they can. It's not like every round is cc free and I enjoy trying to build cc free.
I think if people have defaults they should try and avoid using it if they can and use something else. Setting a limit on the amount of defaults used could be another option. Wall tops, roof edging, bedding and curtains are quite common, so maybe no more than 4 or 5 defaults per building? Just an idea.

~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#71 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 3:42 AM
I think the only defaults allowed should be textures, not objects. And even then, as jo said, maybe limit it to so many uses. For me bedding, curtains and plumbing are what I can't seem to go without.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 3:46 AM
OH! D'uh! I think I just figured out where all my stars are coming from! I recategorized EVERYTHING (Thank you, Phae, for showing how to recat stuff ) Normally I keep those files in my Bins folder... But with AGS I popped 'em in with DLs. Hence the stars. (Right?)

I only used one OMSP - to get that blasted game controller up off the floor. I know it actually does go up on something, but I couldn't find a surface it would snap onto. And, I just can't leave it laying in the middle of the floor! What table does it naturally go on?

I don't have a solid Art Nouveau staircase... I think I must've defaulted the open-underneath ones for it. I'll take my "Hacks_MustHave" folder out and see what comes up in the catalog. Thanks for thinkin' with me

and Vintage Stuffeths
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#73 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 3:46 AM
Yea, I am sad to not use my Holy Simoly curtains and edits thereof, and the stairs and fences are breaking my heart - I only have Base,Uni, NL, OFB, AL and Ikea installed. At least my hood will be a cohesive theme - all residentials using the Open Me set and all Comms with Werknotham or Ergo

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#74 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I think the only defaults allowed should be textures, not objects. And even then, as jo said, maybe limit it to so many uses. For me bedding, curtains and plumbing are what I can't seem to go without.

So are curtains what you mean by default textures? They have the same shape but use other colours/fabric textures.

Also you can get default plumbing?! I didn't even know such a thing existed. Where do I find that?

~Call me Jo~
Helptato
#75 Old 28th Aug 2013 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
Yea, I am sad to not use my Holy Simoly curtains and edits thereof, and the stairs and fences are breaking my heart - I only have Base,Uni, NL, OFB, AL and Ikea installed. At least my hood will be a cohesive theme - all residentials using the Open Me set and all Comms with Werknotham or Ergo

Huh. Count yourself lucky- I only have up to Pets, which barely runs on this laptop and very little CC!

I'll join- I'll have my application up later today

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]

Page 3 of 56