Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 3:08 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Predecorated hoods?
Hello! So I want to get a few predecorated hoods, and most require a few Criquette sets. Sadly, I do not have all the expansions required for most of her sets. What would happen if I downloaded them without the expansions? What about if I downloaded the hoods without the sets? Thanks.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 18th Oct 2013 at 5:09 PM
If you have the correct game engine, then they might work, but would be missing that hood deco. Then again, they might crash your game.

If you don't have the correct game engine, then they will probably crash your game.

If you don't download the hood deco, they might work, or they might crash your game.

I see from your profile that you have Apartment Life, so you could try anything that doesn't require M&G or the Store Edition (unless you have those packs). You should backup your save game before trying these neighborhoods, since crashing can destroy all of your current neighborhoods, not just the one with the problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
If you have the correct game engine, then they might work, but would be missing that hood deco. Then again, they might crash your game.

If you don't have the correct game engine, then they will probably crash your game.

If you don't download the hood deco, they might work, or they might crash your game.

I see from your profile that you have Apartment Life, so you could try anything that doesn't require M&G or the Store Edition (unless you have those packs). You should backup your save game before trying these neighborhoods, since crashing can destroy all of your current neighborhoods, not just the one with the problem.

I have the Store Edition, but I'm not quite sure what it is to be honest.
I backed up my stuff and tried it, and it worked fine. Only thing is, now whenever I open up my game it says I have uninstalled Bon Voyage when I have never had BV. And the first time I opened it with it it said I uninstalled BV and Pets.
Site Helper
#4 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 11:50 PM
It's uninstalling BV and Pets from the neighborhoods, not from your computer.