Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 6:40 AM Last edited by Boosterbear : 12th Aug 2018 at 2:35 AM.
Default No more "g*psy" matchmaker
I'm looking for a mod that changes the name of the "g*psy matchmaker" to just "matchmaker" in order to keep what many consider a slur out of my game.

EDIT: I'd rather have some advice and tips on finding the mod than any disgreement over whether or not it's a Romani slur, thank you.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 4:24 AM
Was there a specific instance of the word you were thinking of? In my game she generally is given a regular first and last name rather than being called "Gypsy Matchmaker" or anything like that, and in the service phone book she is "Matchmaking Service". The only instances of "gypsy" I can find are in a chance card, the catalog description of Love Potion #8.5, and a pie menu option of a cheat object.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 11:05 AM Last edited by shastakiss : 12th Aug 2018 at 12:26 PM.
I have a matchmakernamefix wip I started in April but got stuck at some point. Let me see if I've learned enough in the last few months to finish it

edited to ask @kestrellyn if it's not too much trouble, could you please tell me which chance card? I missed that :/
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 7:42 PM Last edited by kestrellyn : 12th Aug 2018 at 9:03 PM.
It's the Multiregional Sim of Some Question (Adventurer track, forget what level) chance card. Did you find other instances of the word that I didn't?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Feb 2019 at 8:48 AM
PMed shastakiss about the fix, thank you guys so much for the help so far 💖

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Theodore Geisel
"If what you are is just what you own, what have you become when they take from you almost everything?" ~Destroya, My Chemical Romance
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 8:59 PM
Midge the (awesome) tree just shared that fix here, along with an updated version of the visitor controller! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 10:01 PM
Are you looking for something like this?

http://pooklet.tumblr.com/post/9879...edits-hair-mesh
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
Midge the (awesome) tree just shared that fix here, along with an updated version of the visitor controller! :lovestruc

I'm afraid I've been misunderstood: The visitor controller's pie menus were fixed to remove the slur, but the visitor controller did not in itself contain a fix for other areas of the game where the slur appeared. Shastakiss did message me about her fix, so I found a workaround to make it work and uploaded it here.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Forum Resident
#9 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Radium
I'm afraid I've been misunderstood: The visitor controller's pie menus were fixed to remove the slur, but the visitor controller did not in itself contain a fix for other areas of the game where the slur appeared. Shastakiss did message me about her fix, so I found a workaround to make it work and uploaded it here.

Aaah I see! *facepalm* Sorry for misunderstanding but thank you for the fix! :-D (I shouldn’t read nor post when I’m tired asdfghjkl haha!)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
Aaah I see! Sorry for misunderstanding but thank you for the fix! :-D

No problem, I probably should've worded myself more clearly

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Forum Resident
#11 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Radium
No problem, I probably should've worded myself more clearly

Nono, you were very clear with your words - just me who didn’t read clearly haha :-D
Field Researcher
#12 Old 19th Feb 2019 at 12:45 PM
@Boosterbear, I'm sorry I could never get it to work and that I never followed up with you. I'm really grateful to @Radium for finishing it - thank you! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 4:53 AM
Oh my gosh, thank you all so much! These are making their way into my game ASAP!