Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 7:12 PM
NPC uniform and Townie clothes changer all in one?
Goal: To put medieval clothing on all the NPCs and Townies using the least invasive program.

So...I tried Shaklins changer (looks like a restaurant freestanding sign) today in my game and no clothes would show up on the screen for me to choose from for a townie. I didn't bother trying it on a community lot for an NPC. I'm thinking it's no longer compatible as I have all EP except BV.

I tried Christianlov's newly updated clothes rack and it worked for the townies, but did not change the uniforms for the NPCs.

I also tried the 'NPC replacer' at Simswardrobe. I was able to change the clothes for most of the uniforms for the NPCs. I could not get it to work properly for the chefs (combo of mesh and textures of uniform; weird) and there was no option for the host/hostess. There is no official tutorial for it either.

So, I used Christianlov's clothing rack for the townies and Simswardrobe's 'replacer' for the NPC uniforms. Leaving the chefs and the host/hostess in maxis defaults as neither one works for those two.

Question: Does anyone know if it is safe to use both Christianlov's and Simwardrobes?!

I haven't had any problems.... yet. But I don't want to press my luck.

I'm thinking about trying to change the uniforms and clothes for both townies and NPCs through SimPE, but it's more complicated interface than the other two and I don't want to FUBAR.

What are the opinions out there regarding what is the easiest and SAFEST?

Is there a program out there I'm missing that takes care of it all?

If this isn't the right forum for this, where then?

Thanks
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 7:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BillySIMS139
I tried Christianlov's newly updated clothes rack and it worked for the townies, but did not change the uniforms for the NPCs.

you need the clothing rack and the NO NPC REVERT mod together
Field Researcher
#3 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 3:24 PM
Or you can use dizzy's change-appearance-anyone to change the clothing/hair/appearance of any sim on lot. Also, you'll need Casual NPCs.

My sims gaming journal. Not very informative.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 5:36 AM
Testing this out currently...
Quote: Originally posted by Night Racer
you need the clothing rack and the NO NPC REVERT mod together

Thanks.... Christianlov was kind enough to e-mail me and suggest the same thing. I'm in the process of testing it out right now.

I am testing Christianlov's clothing rack along with Jaxad's 'NPC no revert' hack for the townies, Hosts/hostess, Chefs and paperboys/girls. I am also using (cause I started using it first) Simswardrobe's replacer for all the other NPC uniforms. So, basically whatever Simwardrobe's didn't take care of, is being converted using Christianlov's and Jaxad's programs.

Does anyone know if that is a compatible union of two programs?! I haven't had any problems.... yet. But I don't want to press my luck.
Site Helper
#5 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 5:40 PM
Just don't try using both items on the same sim at the same time. I'm not an expert, but if they aren't both trying to use the same resources at the same time it doesn't seem like they are going to do too much conflicting.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 10:50 PM
Default Christianlov's and Jaxad's working together!
Quote: Originally posted by sidneydoj
Just don't try using both items on the same sim at the same time. I'm not an expert, but if they aren't both trying to use the same resources at the same time it doesn't seem like they are going to do too much conflicting.

Thanks, I was very careful not to do that.

I'm happy to report that so far (after a few hours), everything is working!
I'm using Jaxad's 'no revert' hack along with Christianlov's clothing rack for the NPCs I could not change with simwardrobe's NPC replacer.

I've tested this on a windows XP as well as a windows Vista PC.
I have all EPs except BV.

Thanks for your input everyone!
#7 Old 27th Aug 2008 at 3:27 PM
Has ChristianLov updated the clothing rack changer yet for Apartment Life?