Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2008 at 7:18 AM
So confused...
I'm a bit new here... but I want to upload a sim. Everything went fine until I got to the "Custom Content" step. I don't completely understand how to use the Clean Installer to get the names of the custom content so I can fill everything out... :/

But I found out a few things on my own ^^ Like, I packaged the sim to my desktop and dragged it to the Clean Installer icon... and this thing popped up. It had all the names for everything, but it didn't look the same as it did on the "Custom Content" thing. On the Clean Installer it says things like website names and stuff... but when I was trying to upload my sim it said stuff like "6a26a86c48.package.Sim2Tmp"... And I have no idea how to math those random letters and numbers up with the sites :P

I've looked everywhere I could think of to find how to do this... but all I could find was how to install downloads with the Clean Installer :[ Please help!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th May 2008 at 10:38 AM
I'm not sure why you have Sims2Temp files packaged up, but they should definitely not be there. They are generated during the installation of a Sims2Pack and should be deleted by the game after. If you hover over the Clean Installer description with your mouse, it should pop up the file name of the item that is packaged, allowing you to identify it more easily. It really depends upon how the creator made the file- sometimes you will get a description, sometimes a website URL- other times nothing at all. The Clean Installer is usually pretty good at giving you a category, like lipstick, hair, clothes etc. If there is no description then it's likely to be a mesh or a Sim file.