Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 2:13 AM Last edited by rebecah : 2nd Jun 2008 at 3:46 PM. Reason: typo
Default Step by Step Instructions on How to Increase Energy and Comfort for a Bed
I have seen several people ask how to increase the Energy and Comfort for Beds. I wrote this in response to a recent request by DemonSarila.

I explain how the constant BCON's are related to the BHAV code. If you have trouble understanding the constants, this tutorial should help you understand this.

I assume you already know how to clone an item and know how to update GUI's.

If you like you may also clone the bed I include to give your Sims level 12 for both comfort and Energy. I also have it set up to pull the maxis bedding. I know many people have trouble getting this to work.

I've tried to make it very easy to understand, if you have any problems please let me know. I'm happy to help if and when I can.

I sure hope some of you find this useful.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  How to Increase the Energy Level and Comfort on a Bed.rar (613.6 KB, 2325 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  BecksTutorialBedHigherEnergyNComfort.rar (346.4 KB, 1053 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 2:24 AM
Thanks a ton for this. Finally a tut!

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 10:23 AM
Thank you so much Rebecah. This will bevery usefull. I have been reading about BCON´s but this finally made it so much clearer.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 11:25 AM
Great tutorials Rebecah, i'm sure it will be very useful.

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Mar 2008 at 2:26 PM
Default Why exporting semi-globals ?
I want to check and modify the energy & comfort settings of the custom beds I've found here and there. I can't use most of them, because I think the price should match the energy & comfort, and the creators generally give maximum values for those motives, event if the bed is a simple and cheap one.

That's why your tutorial looks so interesting. I'm sure it will be a great help, but I have a few questions, though.

I had understood (from another post) that all you had to do to change a bed's energy and comfort was to modify the BCON Sleep values, especially lines 0x0 for comfort, and 0x2 for energy. You had to replace those values with some equivalents picked from another bed which would have the desired values for comfort & energy. (And once done, modifying the OBJD catalog sorting and/or price, and also why not the TTAB Human Motive, in order to change the way the sims look at your object.)

Fine. But in your tutorial, I don't understand why you have to import the BedGlobals, thus creating an entry in the BHAV Resource.
Is it absolutely necessary, or was it just to show us how to find the values we have to modify ?

And if it's necessary, could someone explain why ?(if it's easy to understand.. If not, well, I can follow instructions like a robot quite well too...)

And if it's not necessary, are the energy & comfort lines always 0x2 and 0x0 for all the beds (event the custom beds), or do we have to check everytime ?

And while I'm on the subject, does anyone know the use of th 0x1 line ?
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 12:46 AM Last edited by rebecah : 8th Apr 2008 at 1:26 AM.
You should import the globals for the BHAV's. It may work ok without them but I've never tested it this way. I also show you the globals because you need to understand the BHAV's that go along with the BCONS. That's why you don't know the answer to your last question, it is important to understand the BHAV's and how they call the BCONS.

You are right they are always the 0x2 in the Tuning - Sleep BCon and 0x0 in the Tuning - Relax BCON.

You would also use this method to change the setting for the look at score.

Which BCON are you asking about the 0x1 line? I believe it is the check to make sure the sims energy level is maxed. You have to find the lines of code in the BHAV's that call the constant to figure this out.

I found an example of the BCON 1001 0x1 line:

[prim 0x001D] Set Motive Change (My motive 0x0006 (Comfort) += Const 0x1000:0x00 (Value: 0x003C) per hour,
stop at: Const 0x1001:0x01 (Value: 0x0064),
Auto Clearing the Person Data Motive Decay value: False)

Note this line:

stop at: Const 0x1001:0x01 (Value: 0x0064),
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 2nd May 2008 at 1:13 AM
I was wondering, as I want to change these values also, but I am new, never modded anything before, and have no idea how to update the GUI. The rest of the instructions are easy to follow. I have worked out how to clone the object, but cannot find a tutorial or other information regarding updating the GUI.

Any information, advice or pointers to an appropriate tutorial would be appreciated.

Thank You.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th May 2008 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by a65wizard
I was wondering, as I want to change these values also, but I am new, never modded anything before, and have no idea how to update the GUI. The rest of the instructions are easy to follow. I have worked out how to clone the object, but cannot find a tutorial or other information regarding updating the GUI.

Any information, advice or pointers to an appropriate tutorial would be appreciated.

Thank You.

If you want to create objects start here:

http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php...ation_Tutorials

Global modding it more for advanced creators.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th May 2008 at 8:28 PM Last edited by Charisa1114 : 15th May 2008 at 8:31 PM. Reason: left something out
This tutorial was great! Thank you. Any idea on how to change the room impact for objects? If I make a nice looking bed it should make the environment go up. Also do you know what the per hour rate is for different levels? I don't want to set everything to 12.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th May 2008 at 7:38 AM Last edited by rebecah : 17th May 2008 at 7:48 AM. Reason: added info
Quote: Originally posted by Charisa1114
Any idea on how to change the room impact for objects?

Beds have a BCON - Tuning - Room Impact - I haven't really changed many of these options, and tested them to know the effects. Castaway beds are labled maybe this will help you understand the Room Impact Setting.

There is also an option in the Init - Object Instance 10F
[prim 0x0002] Expression (My 0x004E (Look At Score) := Literal 0x0005)

I also haven't really changed any of these setting to know if they have much of an effect, but you would think increasing these would make a difference.

I think the best thing to do is compare other items of higher Impact and see what the setting are for those.

Concerning your question on the Energy/Comfort Setting you can also look at the setting of each bed to know the different levels per hour are.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd May 2008 at 6:42 AM
Thanks! I've looked at a lot of different beds and the room impact numbers all are the same for all the beds I looked at, 0=occupied, 10=made, -10=unmade, & -20=broken. So I'm sure those just make a difference to the original room value when the bed is in those states. I changed the catalog rating in the Raw Data, but I don't know how much that effects the object.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 4:00 PM
Changing the catalog ratings has no actual effect on the game. It is only for display in the catalog. You want to update the bcon to reflect the changes you put in your catalog.

For example I've seen several custom beds have the catalog setting of 10 for energy and 10 for comfort, but if you check the code most are actually set at 6 for both, some are even less. I've even tested them in game and the catalog setting does not make any change the actual motive.
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Feb 2009 at 1:44 PM
hello, rebecah.

thanks for your tutorial.

but how can I increase a painting?

sorry i'm not good in English.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bas1278
but how can I increase a painting?

sorry i'm not good in English.

Increase a painting in what way?
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 9:55 AM
the environment.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 2:10 PM
As far as I can tell the paintings don't seem to use constants for increasing the environment. If you compare the constants of a cheap painting with the most expensive painting they are all the same. If I remember correctly in some testing I did on these, the painting seems to go by its price.
Test Subject
#17 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 7:01 AM
thanks
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 3:09 PM
hello again rebecah.

do you know how to make a animation for a sim?

I want to make a animation to let a sim pray.

plz help me if you know it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 4:22 PM
I suggest reading the tutorial on animations here at MTS2. There's a lot of very helpful information in the tutorial section.

I do have some prayer animations you can download it here:

http://www.simsvalley3.com/showthread.php?t=306
Test Subject
#20 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 5:00 PM
i can't find the tutorial on animations here at MTS2.
Plz link me.
Scholar
Original Poster
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 7:27 PM
rebecah can you plz make a tutorial of animtion a sim for me.

(I like your animations)
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#23 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 10:45 PM
bas, please stop posting the same question in many different and unrelated tutorial threads. Put it in one, relevant location, and give people time to respond.