Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 1:30 AM
Default Need some guidance with CI
Hello, I just downloaded Clean Installer for the first time (yes, I know this seems crazy to many) and I'm confused as how to use it. I have read most of all the materials I can find, but I need the basics. Problem: I opened CI and chose the Downloads Directory, and it has finished making a list of my downloads. My confusion is in regards to downloading new material. Before having clean installer, when I was trying to install whole Sims that I downloaded, it would give me a message that it was unable to package the file into my downloads (I do not have OFB, and I was downloading whole Sims that ONLY required the base game). SussiSoGoodSims2 site suggested I download CI to get rid of this problem. But now how do I go about successfully getting whole Sims into the downloads folder w/o getting that error message?

In advance, I really appreciate any of those who help!

I hope this signature isn't too long. ha.
Advertisement
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 2:49 AM
In WinXp, right click a Sims2Pack files then Open With and Choose program. In the list that shows up, find Clean Installer, select it and select the box labeled "always use the selected program to open this kind of file." Then click OK. All Sims2Packs will now be opened with CI.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 7:59 AM
Okay, so I followed those directions, and this is what my computer told me word for word: "A previous version of Sims2Pack Clean Installer You have to uninstall old verson first! Do you want to do it now?" First of all, the first sentence isn't completed..? Secondly, if I click "yes" that I do want to do this, all it does is uninstall the version I just downloaded. Secondly, I have never had a previous version of CI on my computer. What next?

Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 4:41 PM
Did that happen when trying to install CI? If so, let it unistall it and retry the install.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 6:03 AM
No, it happened once it was installed. Then, I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and it said the exact same thing when I attempted to open the package file with CI. I'm stumped.

Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 2:31 PM
Uninstall it from the Control Panel (the Add/Remove Programs Wizard), restart and reinstall.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 4:06 AM
Thank you, jaxad0127 for all of your help and patience. I did as you suggested, and I also downloaded Microsoft .Net. It's working now, yay! :-)