Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 1:08 AM
Default Tutorial - How to build a carport , with one or two levels.
Hello! I have searched myself for tutorials to explain how to build a carport, and i never could find one! During this tutorial, i will be adding pictures from a project i will be doing along with you . This will be for Simmers who have a foundation or no foundation, not for stories, but I'm positive if you do these steps on stories, it will still work. If i have people asking me to make a video, i will, so i can help you all learn and succeed in this! Lets get started.

I do not know if this will work on the Sims 3 , because i have only tried this on the Sims 2. Please keep this in mind. It may work, but please do not accuse me of lying or doing a bad tutorial because it does not work on Sims 3, because i have and am warning you RIGHT NOW. Thank you.

1. Lets first get our lot size ( if you have not already ). I will be using a 2x2 sized lot on the Sims 2.

Okay. First, we are going to tackle just ground level , so no foundation. If you don't need this part, feel free to skip down, but i suggest you follow this, just for future reference.

2. Since there is no foundation, lets add the walls. Lets make a 8x8 box ( unless you have your house built ). Now, you can switch it to whatever side you want, but i like doing it on the left side, or also could be called the houses right side. Do NOT put the roof on yet. You could, but it's MUCH easier doing it without the roof yet and adding it after the port.

3. Now, lets add some fancy columns ( optional ) and the parking spot or garage. Add as many as you like and add wherever , but i am going to add one, with four columns on each side, with some paving to the road. You don't have to do all of this decorating if you are just trying this, but add whatever you like and make your house, your house, if you are building a lot/home for a sim family, or for fun,etc.

4.Now time for the roof. It's better to add the carport roof first, then the house roof, but right now, it can slide if you have added the roof on the house first, since we have no foundation.

TADA! If you are happy with it, I'm glad, but you have now created a basic carport. Yay! Okay, now are you ready for the more tricky one? The next section ( the one we are about to do ) is about how to build a carport for a house with a foundation and if the house has a foundation and multiple stories, but i am only showing you how to do the the foundation, because you know how to add walls! :P

1. I am going to start with the last house i built , and just put the house on a foundation, because i don't want to go to another lot. I'm being lazy. Anyway, lets get started on a house , 8x8 ( or your house ), on top of a foundation, which is regular , the Latticed deck, or Column deck, but i will be doing regular ( the brick ). I have the driveway down and the house on top of the foundation.

2. This is where it gets a bit difficult, so i will try my best to be simple. Enter this cheat code by entering "Shift+Ctrl+C" without , of coarse , the plus signs. Then enter the following cheat. " boolprop constrainFloorElevation false" and it IS case sensitive, and you should know if you ever have used a cheat :P. This is what you have to enter to do a carport to the house, but you can take the cheat off afterwards , and i will tell you how at the end, when it should be off, but right now, you NEED it.

* No image, because you do not an image to enter a code...... i hope not. No hard feelings *

3. Place a wall to the house. You will see distortion on the edges and walls, and that's where the cheat helps. Place the wall from the other side , opposite of the house, and drag it towards the house. * pictures below in order for you to follow, so it's a visual aid to help you understand if you need it, and it is helpful if you follow them with the directions.

* the image above is the distortion *

4. Now , finish off the carport by completely walling it off.

5. Now, lets get this cheat to work! its slacking a bit, huh? Well, to fix these distortions, go to build mode, terrain tool, then the elevation button, and the
first button which is "Level terrain tool"

6. Now , make sure you can see the tiles on top of the wall, like in my pictures above. Click on one flat square of the foundation. Then , Click and drag it to on top of the wall.

7. You see how it fixed that distortion? Awesome, right? Well, do this to the rest of the wall, until there is a small bit of wall , at the same height as the foundation, all around the garage.

* this is the small bit that should look around the entire garage. Look at the above picture to see the entire garage.

Were almost done, so hang in there!

8.5. Now we have done that, here is the simple part, that i will not have to go into great detail for you. Type in for the cheat box "Shift+Ctrl+C" and instead of typing in
" boolprop constrainFloorElevation false " type in "boolprop constrainFloorElevation true ".

9. Now that the cheat is off, and we won't have to worry about it , or any other cheat now, we can move on. Next, pick room tool and cover your building, so it matches the walls on the house.

10. Now, place flooring on the very top of the building, above the carport ( optional , but good to do ). and then we place the roof!

11. This step may make you mad or sad or angry or happy, or some other emotion , because a lot of the work we did, is going to have to go , but we get a carport!
Okay , very simple. Delete all of the walls that surround your driveway or garage or parking spot, but not the walls on the house. And when i say everything ( in this instance ) I mean EVERYTHING. Mini wall and all.
* p.s. An easy way to tell where the house and the carport is, is where the brick/foundation ends , and the mini wall begins. *

12. Now you have a roof! And you know what that means...... You have carport. HAZAH! Now all you must do is add decorations and extra's and your home things, and you have a home with a carport. This is a picture of a house i just finished earlier ( like an hour earlier ) than this thread or tutorial, so you can see how it turned out.

I hope I helped, and I hope you learned something as well. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or an administrator, but mainly me, and i will answer best to my capabilities! Thanks for viewing , and I will be making more tutorials on things , if you guys ask me , and i can figure out how to fix the problem, and give you what you asked for . I may be off for a while because I am coding a site from scratch, and trying to play one of my original Xbox games before everything breaks, so i may not answer back very quickly. Have a good day, and i cannot wait on your comments. * Be harsh if need be *
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 25th Jun 2013 at 4:33 PM
If you have questions, just ask in this thread. That way, we can all see and answer any questions that arise, and those answers will be available to all.