Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 1:08 AM
Default JIT debugger???? HELP!!
I'm getting the following message:

application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Processid=0x1e8(488), Thread id=0xd3c(3388)

Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2(2). Please check computer settings.

I had used the Installer all last night trying to sort out my files to move over to my daughter's computer.

I messed something up and I had to uninstall the whole game again and reinstall.

When I got reinstalled, the Clean Installer suddenly started to give me the above message.

I uninstalled it, and downloaded the newest version, and it keeps giving me the same thing.

PLEASE HELP!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Sep 2006 at 8:46 PM Last edited by Lilie : 28th Sep 2006 at 9:09 PM. Reason: Added screenshots.
I've been having a similar message, only with different IDs... I am guessing that it is probably a file that is causing the problem (though i am not sure. I once got the error, did something [and silly cannot remember what i did. :\ ] the problem went away but i just got it once again...

Here are 2 screenshots of the error i have been getting:

Then this one appears:

Art, the most sublime mission of mankind for it is the exercice of the mind that seeks to understand and to make understand.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 9:18 AM
Yeah! ME 3!!
Posted about this a loooong while ago!! Still no joy!! Using stupid sims2 content manager now!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Oct 2006 at 11:45 AM
Default Same story
I have never even been able to start Clean Installer. Getting this message straight away.
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 4:49 PM
Default Seems this bug is still around...
I downloaded Sims2Pack Clean Installer day before yesterday for the first time. Installed it and ran it. It won't run.

I get the same error as all of the others in this thread that dates back to October 2006 and beyond.

It's not worth a thing to me if I can't get it to work. Is there still support for this prg?

I redownloaded it when the site came back up... same problem. I'm running XP SP2 2600.
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 1:40 AM
Hi I have been having this problem since bfore Christmas. I thought I had done something wrong but since you all have the same problem I didn't lol. Is there anyway of sovling this rotten problem before my computer gets too clogged up? Plese somebody help.
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Mar 2007 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TXSundown
I downloaded Sims2Pack Clean Installer day before yesterday for the first time. Installed it and ran it. It won't run.

I get the same error as all of the others in this thread that dates back to October 2006 and beyond.

It's not worth a thing to me if I can't get it to work. Is there still support for this prg?

I redownloaded it when the site came back up... same problem. I'm running XP SP2 2600.

I have re-read the posts in this thread and other threads regarding the Clean Installer not installing and can't find any solution. Will someone (the creator of the clean installer) kindly offer some assistance in helping us get this installed and functioning.
Test Subject
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 7:29 PM
After waiting a month for any kind of word on why the Clean Installer is not installing and getting not even a peep from anyone (including moderators) I took it upon myself to find some kind of solution and even though I have no technical knowledge whatsoever I do have a great deal of experience in beta testing and managed to find a workaround and now have the Clean Installer installed and, seemingly, working properly.

Thanks.... for the lack of support. It was very heartwarming.
Part-time Hermit
#10 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 8:28 PM
TXSundown, the person who made Clean Installer hasn't been around for a long time, so there really is no official support for the program really. The moderators and other people here try to help when they can, but the moderators don't always have the solution, either. But we're doing our best, you know. Maybe you can share with us the solution you found, so that other people might find that information useful, too.
Test Subject
#11 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 4:26 AM
Bliss... I had already presumed that the creator of the program was MIA or AWOL thus the reason no posts were getting answered but it would have been nice if *someone* other than standard end users who just kept saying "yeah, I am having the same problem" would have come up and posted *something* even if it was only to say the creator was MIA or AWOL and there currently wasn't any support. Maybe I'm one in a million but I think it's just plain wrong to let a user post a call for help then never get a response from a person in an authorative position which would include a moderator or even anyone who had used or was familiar with the software or item in question. It happens way too often both here on the regular internet as well as in the corporate tech support world.
I seriously doubt that anyone would want their request for help to go unanswered when it's highly likely that *someone* out there would have an inkling of what might be able to be tried or could be done to alleviate the problem and get Sims2Pack Clean Installer working.

As for me posting the solution I found... oh yeah, I'll be more than happy to when the calls for help come again. It took me more than 2 weeks of reading other's complaints and thoughts on other forums to garner an idea of what to try. Darned if I'm going to have others wasting that kind of time when *I* can offer my ideas.

-Sundown
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#12 Old 25th Mar 2007 at 10:49 AM
TXSundown, There are a lot of bugs and issues with the Clean Installer and we can only help so far since, as has already been mentioned, we did not write the program.

You are welcome to post whatever solution you have come up with, but try dropping the attitude for a while, ok? You'll see from this forum that the staff and helpers reply to a lot of threads with suggestions, so it's hardly fair to say that people never get helped, but just becuase your particular question doesn't get answered therefore the entire site is horrible and we never help anybody and wah wah wah.

I suggest you rethink your attitude here. It's a community - we help each other out, and if you don't want to, then that's your perogative but do not ever presume to start dishing out blame to the staff here just becuase we are not the program creator.

Have a nice day.
Delphy

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 12:40 AM
Delphy... I as well as a lot of others posted asking for help. Then we waited for replies that didn't come. After waiting a month I got tired of waiting especially when, everywhere I went, it seemed to be the consensus that the Sims2Pack Clean Installer was sorely needed before installing anything and everything into Sims 2. I kept checking back to this forum hoping that someone who had knowledge of the software would reply,... something. It didn't have to be the one who made the program and I eluded to that in a post.

Delphy, if you will read this section of the forum you will find that mine was not the only request for help that did not get answered and *I* didn't even start this particular thread. The requests for help with the same problem I had with the Clean Installer have been posted for months, clear back to September and very few ever gotten a reply. If they had gotten suggestions on what they could do to get the program working, I'd have read those suggestions and not even posted in this thread in the first place. It took me going to other forums and searching Google to find what others had posted elsewhere to come up with a solution. It was not just me who posted or was having a problem.

If you feel that I had an "attitude" because I asked for help and, after waiting for a month without any kind of reply, posted then my apologies for you feeling that way.

There was no attitude conveyed nor was I dishing out blame to anyone, staff or otherwise. If *I* don't want to help others? Um.. I do believe I already said I would. I'd have helped myself and even posted to myself if I had know what the problem was... I did not.. I could not. But I figured it out and, if the situation ever arises where I can help someone get over the hump I came up against, I will help them because I do reply to posts where I find I have the knowledge to do so when I visit that board.

Oh, as an aside, nowhere did I say that Mod The Sims is a horrible site and that they never help anyone. Please do not put words in my mouth or on my fingers.

Have a nice day too.

-Sundown
Test Subject
#14 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 11:16 PM
Default jit debugger
So what is the solution to fixing the jit debugger?
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 1:48 AM
*sigh* Me too. (having this error code)
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hectic Eclectic
I'm getting the following message:

application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Processid=0x1e8(488), Thread id=0xd3c(3388)

Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2(2). Please check computer settings.

I had used the Installer all last night trying to sort out my files to move over to my daughter's computer.

I messed something up and I had to uninstall the whole game again and reinstall.

When I got reinstalled, the Clean Installer suddenly started to give me the above message.

I uninstalled it, and downloaded the newest version, and it keeps giving me the same thing.

PLEASE HELP!!

That happened to me too when I reinstall the game.. all I did was made a download folder in the The Sims 2 folder... and that seems to work out the bug...give it a try.
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th May 2007 at 5:30 AM Last edited by irxsal : 5th May 2007 at 5:41 AM.
its work!!
it happened to me too, i spent the night and take a lot of coffee
im frustated find a way to solve this problem. but at last, im installing a Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and uninstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 in control panel -> Add or Remove Programs and then i restart my computer.... its WORK!! The CI its work... i dont find any problem yet cause the unistalling Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. all the program work as usual. give it try... hope this can solve ur problem too. thanx!! irzal - indonesia
Test Subject
#18 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 8:32 AM
Thank you for your post irxsal. WTG!!!!!

I had installed Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 and had assumed that it would have over-written Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. Silly me for thinking that :P

Anyways, if anyone is having this error, follow irxsal's solution.
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: Please see new CI by Mootilda