Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 12:26 AM
Default The "Trapped Inside" Legacy Challenge
Hi! This is my first-ever Sims 3 challenge that I've made up, so please excuse my, uh... new-ness.

I have read so many challenges before and have never seen one like mine, so if there is one like it, I'm not copying it. Or at least intentionally.

The Sims 3 "Trapped Inside" Legacy Challenge takes place in a dystopian future. The world is in ruins due to a disease: Epluenza. Epluenza wiped out 2/3 of the world's population within a week. The new government has kidnapped immunes in effort to someday repopulate. That's were you come in.

YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING MODS FROM THE NRAAS WEBSITE: MASTERCONTROLLER, PORTRAIT PANEL, AND MOVER. (My apologies if I forgot any.)

CAS: Go to Create-a-Sim and make 3 YA females and 3 YA males. They shouldn't look too fancy, but not too scruffy either. Their traits are yours to chose, but I recommend giving Hates the Outdoors to some of your sims.

BUILD/BUY: Move your 6 sims onto to a 64x64 lot. On the lot, build a 14x14 room. then, inside that room, make 4 7x7 rooms. (You will not initially be using one of these rooms.) You have a 3,500 simolean budget for each 7x7 room. Spend it wisely, keeping in mind that two YA sims will be spending the rest of their lives there, along with any children they may have. (It would be wise to create two small bedrooms (one for adults and one for kids), a small bathroom, and a small kitchen with a table and chairs for each 7x7.) Only one 7x7 room is allowed to have a door leading outside. None of the 7x7 rooms should be connected.

EDIT TOWN: Delete the school building, as the children and teens will not be attending school.

GAMEPLAY: Move one male and one female into each 7x7 room. Use testingcheatsenabled true to teleport them there. This is the only cheat you are allowed to use. The male and female in the room with a door leading outside are the only sims allowed to leave the house, but ONLY FOR WORK. They are the only sims allowed to get jobs. These sims have to make all the money to pay bills, buy any objects, etc. Each couple (male and female who have been paired up) must reproduce and successfully raise at least one child to young adulthood. Once the children have reached young adulthood, create new 7x7's and move them in there. If possible, move not-related male and females together, but if not, create more and move them into the household. They will act as new immunes being brought into the compound. The challenge is complete after 10 generations. (It would be more, but at that point there will be a TON of sims.)

+1 for each skill point
+10 for each mastered skill
+5 for each child that ages up
+10 for each child that lives to young adulthood
-20 for each sim who dies from something other than old age
-15 from each repoman visit
-30 for each couple who doesn't produce at least one child by adulthood

500+ points total and you have won the challenge!

**This challenge is currently being tested

I hope you guys enjoy! I know this is a little confusing, but hopefully some helpful readers can help me with that. Please comment or leave pictures from your gameplay! I would love to see it!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 8:54 PM
I love the concept of the challenge, definitely bookmarking for when I give up on my legacy challenge (I ususally fail in about the 2nd gen). I don't know why but it sort of reminds me of the Death Cure in the Mazerunner, capturing immunes to make a cure etc.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Debalicous
I love the concept of the challenge, definitely bookmarking for when I give up on my legacy challenge (I ususally fail in about the 2nd gen). I don't know why but it sort of reminds me of the Death Cure in the Mazerunner, capturing immunes to make a cure etc.
I'm so glad that you're considering trying this! I did get a little inspiration from The Death Cure, but I suppose I still put my own touch on it. If you are going to do this, feel free to leaving pictures and the like regarding your family, as I would love to see it!
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Apr 2015 at 5:56 PM Last edited by flow1219 : 1st Apr 2015 at 5:58 PM. Reason: mistake
this is so cool defo doing this challenge
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 7:06 PM
I have a question about scoring. Is it +1 for each skill point PLUS another +10 when they max the skill or just +10 for maxing the skill? Also, is it +5 each time a kid ages up like baby-toddler +5, toddler-child +5, child-teen+5, teen-adult +5? Or is it +5 for just the child-teen birthday?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PrincessHawkeye
I have a question about scoring. Is it +1 for each skill point PLUS another +10 when they max the skill or just +10 for maxing the skill? Also, is it +5 each time a kid ages up like baby-toddler +5, toddler-child +5, child-teen+5, teen-adult +5? Or is it +5 for just the child-teen birthday?

Just do whatever. I always put my own spin on it!
Test Subject
#7 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PrincessHawkeye

Hey! This is galaxy_, the original poster, but i forgot my password to that account so here I am. Sorry I'm getting back to you so late! You get +1 for each skill point PLUS the +10 when you max it out, and you get +five for all the child birthdays, not just the child-teen birthday, if that makes any sense.
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 11:39 PM
This sounds like fun!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 4:06 PM
Cool idea!