Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 1:46 PM
Close like Wolves *BASE GAME*
YOU WILL NEED AN OVERSTUFFED HOUSEHOLD MOD FOR THIS

Soz, when I was on vacation with my extended family, I couldn't help noticing how my daughter was asking her aunt and uncle questions and staying with them a bit more, and how my nephew was just moving around from my family, his own, my parents and my brother.I dunno if that makes any sense but I'm terrible at explaining stuffz like this, but for those who understand that's how I got inspired.

The Sims

So you have to make 4 sims, 2 males and 2 females.
The first female should have these traits:
Family Oriented
Nurturing (Generations)
Free
Free
Free
Her lifetime wish should be Surrounded by Family
The first male should have these:
Family Oriented
1 positive social category trait
Free
Free
Free

The other female should be a sibling of either your first male or female. She should have either the family oriented or nurturing trait, not both. Give her the natural cook trait and 1 other money making trait, other than Kleptomaniac. She should be married to the second male, who should have the family oriented trait and genius. (He's kinda like the head of the house) They may not have any children to start with.They can look however you like. If you want, you can add a toddler or child to the first couple, I have no trait restrictions to this. Now make the two adults married, and the child (if you added one) theirs. Now move them into a) an empty lot, where you can build little shacks for rooms or b) an empty lot where you build a house or c) a normal or small house.

The House

No matter how you did the house, they must have the following rooms:
Kitchen
Bathrooms
Library/Study (1 bookshelf and 1 chair)
Nursery (toddlers/babies)
Children's Room
Female Teen Room
Male Teen Room
1 Adult Bedroom for Every adult/adult couple
Elder's Room (where elders sleep)
Entertainment room (it can have as little as a stereo)

It may seem like a lot, but for the first part, you can leave out the elder room, have a smaller nursery, etc.

Game Play

Try to have your sims have many kids, both and any couples. When the kids become teens, get them a boy/girlfriend. Make sure they have 2 friends at child stage, and 4 at teen (not including family members). For this, it doesn't matter which adult takes care of which child, in fact it's perfectly fine if they have a better relationship with their aunt than their own mother. Pets are allowed, any number.

LIFE STAGES
Every birthday, except for the birth, must have a party. It can be a family party or a friend party, unless specified.

Pregnancies
Yes, I'm adding this here. For pregnancies, have the mom read at least 1 of the books, watch kid's TV whenever she watches TV, and listen only to kid's music. The other sims should be making sure she's comfortable and happy. I don't care if you use apples or watermelons to determine the gender. For the birth, you can go to the hospital, but keep in mind points will be taken from that. The reason I want a home birth is because the baby with have a better relationship with the mother, and maybe the sims around her. Other females in the house who've given birth before should be around, seemingly to 'encourage her and give her advice'. If there is a female elder in the house, she must cuddle the baby at under 5 hours after it is born.

Baby
For the baby stage, you can age it up early, but only if it's done 24 hours after the birth. After it is born, any female elders in the house must cuddle with it at least 1 time before 5 hours are up. Otherwise, you may only feed the baby or care for it once it starts crying (only in this life stage).

Toddler
At the toddler's birthday, they must be given a teddy bear. An imaginary friend also works. They must be taught at least 2 of the toddler skills, even better with 3. Whenever elders have the time, they should read them toddler books.Once taught to talk, they must talk with every sibling, aunt, uncle and parent at least 1 time. It can be a 10 minute chat for all I care. The party to age to a child must be a family party.

Child
Upon becoming a child, the select sim must be given, from another sim, 1 toy-box toy to be theirs, a sporting item such as a baseball or football, or another teddy bear. They must play with this gift at least once in their childhood. They should have 2 friends, either from school or around town. They should be friends with their parents, aunts, uncles, siblings (unless they are under the child stage), and cousins. They must be good friends with their grandparents, the elders. The child should learn at least 1 skill, up to any level.

Teenager
When becoming a teenager, the party should have the 2 friends from childhood, as well as siblings, elders, and other adults of the household. If the adults are at work, they must take the day off (actually they should do this every birthday). They should receive 1 gift from every adult of the household, 1 from every elder, and gifts from children are optional. Kids should get them sporting goods, elder should get them books, and adults, anything else. If you have pets, you may also get a new pet and consider that a gift. The teens must be taught to drive, have 4 friends, including the 2 from childhood, they should get up to level 3 in any skill, and have a boy/girlfriend. They should be signed up in an after-school activity if you have Generations. They should be good friends with any adults of the household, friends with the kids, and best friends with the elders.

Young Adult
The party from teenager to YA should have all the family members (this is a big deal!), their 4 friends, their boy/girlfriend, and friends of the adults in the house (if you still can). Every family member must give them a gift: 1 sporting item, book, pet or car. They must then go and get a job relating to the skill they worked on. If you want, you may send them to University. (omigosh I just realized how long this is! sorry ) They should marry their boy/girlfriend, or get a new one and marry them.

Adult
The adult party can either have friends, or just family. After becoming an adult, they should have a kid. Don't worry, they can still have one at YA. They should hopefully be married by now. It doesn't matter if they get gifts or not.

Elder
These are the elders of the house, the ones they all look up to. They stay in their own room. For gifts, they should be given books to read, or an old pet to keep them company. They can retire from their job now, as they've done so much for the house. If you wish, they may lecture the kids if they have high enough skill, or just watch TV all day. Just remember all the things they have to do that I said before!

Death
When a sim dies, whether they were young or old, they must have a funeral. Invite all their friends, and have the whole family there. After this, you may keep the grave or not.

PARTIES
Stuff for parties!

House Party
Eh, do whatever you want.

Birthday Party
All the rules for birthday parties are mentioned above in the life stage stuff!

Bachelor/Bachelorette Party
These aren't required, but recommended. Have an elder or somebody who won't be attending the party take all the children in your household to a movie, park, etc. until the party is over. If you get the bad moodlet from these, however, you must put of the wedding a day from when you planned it.

Wedding
Oh, how joyful! The main object is, of course, to get your sims married. Every family member must attend, as well as friends of the sim getting married. You may have it at a community lot or at home. Remember, to have your sims married you must throw a party, otherwise your sims can't get married. Other than that, let the wedding begin!

Funeral
Oh, how sad... However, we must face it. During a funeral, do whatever it is you do.

Campaign Fundraiser
If your sim happens to be in the correct career, you can throw these. I would prefer if kids were in their rooms or out of the house for this, as I doubt they would be entertained by their family begging other people for money to support something. All I have to say.

Teen House Parties
Nope, don't do these. Try not to accept the free vacation thing.

Slumber Party
Have one of the adults bake cookies or make some sort of dessert that the kids can eat, and make sure you have some toys and things to keep them entertained with. Make sure the kids interact with their guest(s). They are only allowed to invite people they are 'friends' or higher with.

Feast Party
I'm allowing the whole family to do this! (I'm so nice, aren't I? ) Teens, however, unless they're couch potatoes, losers, or unlucky, must work out on a treadmill for a bit, so they're still healthy. Same with kids, just have them exercise in front of the TV (can they do that? try anyways)

Pool Party
Of course, you have to have a pool for this. Allow the kids to invite 1 friend each. Other than the pool, treat it like normal party.

Gift Giving Party
Have the whole family over, even ones who've moved out! If you have any extra room for guests, invite the ones that your sims have the highest relationship with. Have your teens flirt with their boy/girlfriends, the kids play with their toys by the fire or in the living room... Also, have your sim with highest cooking level make something, like a dessert or something that you expect at Christmas, such as turkey.

Costume Party
Make sure all the kids are wearing costumes. Invite their friends, (the kid's friends mostly), and while the adults stay back and chat, have your children and teens go out and trick or treat with their friends. If it's too late, have an elder or adult go with them.

Bonfire Party
The kids can be awake and in the house, just away from the fire. Have a gardener harvest herbs from the garden and put them on the tables, have a few kicky balls and frisbees outside, and chat up a storm with the music on the highest sound!

Juice Kegger
The kids must be asleep or in their rooms for this, even if it means an early bedtime. For the adults, serve nectar if you wish, maybe have multiple juice kegs, and invite only adults. Teens can be walking around the house, just not participating in any of the juice keg activities. And try to have them steer clear of 'juiced' sims!

OTHER RULES
- Pets are allowed
- It doesn't matter who takes care of which child
- Children are not required to get after-school activities
- If you want, your sims may have affairs, but if the family finds out that sim will be kicked out
- Honestly I can't think of any more
- Oh, and have fun!

WINNING/LOSING
- You win when you either have had 100 sims in the family, or generation 10 grows up
- You lose if 5 sims get kicked out, or if you have no money

okayz soz ya have funzies!

scooby dooby don't
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Apr 2015 at 11:17 PM
hello? anybody here? hi?

scooby dooby don't
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th May 2015 at 11:07 PM
Wow, this seems like a great challenge. I can't wait to try this out for myself :D
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th May 2015 at 6:04 PM
Good Challenge! My game crashed again so i went looking for a challenge. i found this one, and i think its really cool when i've calmed down from my game crashing, i'm gonna try it maybe fter i've had my pizza too
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th May 2015 at 6:07 PM
I can't get mods either .... yet, but i'll still try it :D