Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#15101 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heatherfeather19
Is simfile where people upload their sims now? I've never heard of it.

SimFileShare is a website that hosts files for sims stuff, yes. I also use it to share CC I make (which is rarely). You have to have a code to sign up, or submit a request for an account and wait a few days. BTW, if anyone ever needs a code for SFS, feel free to PM me!

Quote: Originally posted by Big Mud
@owl_face Important life event hmmm?? Possibly a favorite heir's pregnancy, mayhaps?

Maaaaaaaaaybe. I may have played all the way to that hypothetical heir's hypothetical childbirth. XD I'm really behind on writing.

Advertisement
Space Pony
#15102 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 12:17 AM
2.8 - Milestones

I managed to stop playing Horizon Zero Dawn long enough to post a chapter! Really though, my fiance decided that 4 hours of me playing was long enough. He wanted to play some NHL.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Field Researcher
#15103 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 12:56 AM
It's got to hurt a little bit before it gets better! The whole family is struggling after Jason's divorce, some more than others. Free-Falling Gar! What else could POSSIBLY go wrong?!
Scholar
Original Poster
#15104 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 6:22 PM
I have an update too: Chapter 95
Scholar
#15105 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 8:02 AM
I have another Update, 1.6
Lab Assistant
#15106 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 2:22 AM
Finally did that update that I wanted to post a week ago... The last one for generation one

1.10 - All grown up

I also added the downloads page now, formatting is not very pretty yet but the links for Lena and Feli are there.
Test Subject
#15107 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 7:51 PM
Update 1-5
Long an image heavy - just a warning in advance.
Lab Assistant
#15108 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 10:08 PM
New chapter 4.13 Feed your life

A bit picture heavy. And a little about what has happened with the heir since the last time
Lab Assistant
#15109 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 8:11 PM
Test Subject
#15110 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 11:54 AM
What do we do if we can't finish the generational goal in time?
It's just occurring to me that I might not be able to meet mine ;_; with my heir being elderly and working full time, and the next gen heir being halfway through his teen years, I still haven't finished. And my goal requires me to earn all of the skill challenges in addition to maxing the skill. Which would be fine, except something I just recently found out - I'm not sure if it's been patched or not, though - that one of the skill challenges for guitar is glitched. With another skill challenge being to make money, I'd be left with just one of them to complete. doing just one feels cheatsy, so I want to try and accomplish all of the requirements for the glitched one anyway and just write it down, but I'm not sure I'll have the time to do that _and_ max the skill - hence my concern.
Field Researcher
#15111 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 12:38 PM
@firelightknight

If it's glitched and you have completed all other challenges for that skill, I'd personally count it as complete. If I'm not mistaken, the guitar skill challenges are addressed in the rules because one of them is glitched or too hard to realstically complete in 1 sim lifetime.
Space Pony
#15112 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 10:09 PM
2.9 - Hallowe'en

I always find it funny how much longer other generations last compared to my first generation. xD
Anyway, new chapter.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Instructor
#15113 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 11:24 PM
I have one last update for March! :D
2.4. What If?

It's unnecessarily long. Sorry! And a recent story idea has turned me into a crazy person so I have like the next four chapters outlined. XD

Scholar
#15114 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 8:01 AM
I have another update, Chapter 1.7
Field Researcher
#15115 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kadience
I always find it funny how much longer other generations last compared to my first generation. xD

This is so true! The first gen goes by so quickly!
Field Researcher
#15116 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 9:24 PM
Not a belated April Fools Joke, I have an update!
Update!: Chapter 3.41 Orchestrated Symphony in which the title hold very little relevance to what actually happens in the chapter but I thought it sounded pretty.

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Test Subject
#15117 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 10:29 PM
Sorry for all the questions all the time oops

I rolled homemade as my misc fun, which means no birthday cakes. However, would I be allowed to use a birthday cake when I age my heir up to YA? I've played up to his birthday now and wanted to throw him a party, but as I learned the hard way with his teen birthday party (which was also shared with his mom's elder birthday party), guests don't like it if nobody ages up at a birthday party and apparently, they don't automatically age up while their party is going on. Which means I'll have to cake him up. Normally I'd say no, but it's literally the very last minute of the generation and they won't actually eat the cake until he hits YA, which means the start of gen 2. Can I do that?
Field Researcher
#15118 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 1:56 PM
@firelightknight

Yeah, that sounds fine, since they will only eat the cake afterwards. Homemade is a rule broken by a lot of us here anyways haha.
Test Subject
#15119 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 2:46 PM
@Marcy Thank you!
That's fair enough haha

Update 1-6. There's only one more left before generation two, and I already have it written out, so expect that soon enough too.
Field Researcher
#15120 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 7:34 PM
@FirelightKnight

You could get around the guest thing by throwing just a regular house party instead of a specifically birthday party. I mean, it would still be his birthday party because it is his birthday, but just not choosing that party type in the throw party popup.

But since it is literally the day of moving from one gen to the next, and like you said they wouldn't technically eat the cake until after the age up, I wouldn't count it as breaking rules. Just want to throw out that option if you wanted to strictly stick to the rules but still have a great party.
Test Subject
#15121 Old 7th Apr 2017 at 11:09 AM
@Heatherfeather19 Thank you! I'll keep that in mind for if I roll homemade again. I was gonna do that this time, but my party ended too early for me to have the cake anyway >_>

Update 1-7 - Finale and Update 2-0 - Rolls and thoughts
I wanted to get this up quickly, so here, have it a bit early.
Instructor
#15122 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 4:29 AM
I also have an update!
2.5. Just In Case

At this point, I've written more chapters of this legacy than I did my original one. :o It feels strange.

Scholar
#15123 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 9:45 AM
I have another 1.8
Test Subject
#15124 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 2:49 PM
I'm on a roll :D
Update 2-1
Instructor
#15125 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 1:52 AM
So for those of you who follow my legacy, I've gone of the rails and I'm staging the next chapter, and the last chapter was staged as well. THUS it might be a little bit before Lark's baby is shown in the story as more than a burrito (I might get the next chapter out within the next week, but idk about the one after that. So here's a couple of pictures of Baby Bee as a toddler, for those of you who are curious:

Also the next chapter might completely depart from the legacy and focus on an otherwise minor character (Dominic), so....hope that's okay. XD

Page 605 of 676