Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#301 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 10:19 AM
Did anyone figure out yet why Rick's DebugEnabler does not work with the french version of the game ?
Saw a couple of persons here pointing out I was not the only one with Shift Click disabled
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#302 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 3:25 PM Last edited by zano972 : 7th Apr 2011 at 3:41 PM.
Hi all,

First a BIG THANK YOU to velocitygrass andto all people who are working to do some usefull tools for SM

I've a question:

As you know it - I think - the actual version S3PE version isn't able to extract all the resources out of SM's package...

(OK the language is french, but I think you can undertstand an error is occured as I tried to export the 'Abilities' resource...)

I write a post to Inge and PL Jones to ask them if they plan to do some changes / upgrade to the actual S3PE version here:

http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=524.0

and so far I can understand Inge's answer...It's NO

Also is there an another tool we can use to get all the SM ressouces out of their originals packages ???

Thanks for answers and nice day to all.

If you want to know your future...create it!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#303 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Or better than just one more thread: a TSM modding subforum This thread is getting a tad unwieldy, and I think we have plenty of evidence now that there's interest in TSM modding. I assembled a quick reference list of TSM mods and TS3 mod types that work in TSM here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438701

On quest modding: there's some discussion of the new binary format of the XML in this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438948

I am wondering though whether you could really add a quest, or anyway an INTERESTING quest, with just XML modding. There are some basic elements most quests have, like choice popups, storyboard sequences (with illustrations), and of course quest steps and rewards, including inventory, gold, buffs, and stat modifications. But the more interesting quests also do things like add objects to the town (or unhide objects?), introduce NPCs, modify the appearance of sims, play what seem to be special animation sequences and so on. So in other words quests need to be able to call on a wide range of gameplay systems, and to have their own art resources as well.

In other words, quest modding may not be a smaller topic than TSM modding in general... in fact, it may encompass all other types of mods

I say that just from my experience playing, though, I can't back it up through code diving.

Hmm, I think we would have to see long term interest in TSM modding before we get a forum - look what happened with Spore. But yes,I hope we do get a forum, so I guess we had better go make some stuff.

It would be very cool if CTU worked with TSM - that and being able to figure out what flag is defining whether or not an outfit is a hero outfit.

Re the Quests - well yes, there are different levels of Quest creation - but right now I would be happy to get a custom quest in game at all

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#304 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happyopi
Did anyone figure out yet why Rick's DebugEnabler does not work with the french version of the game ?
Saw a couple of persons here pointing out I was not the only one with Shift Click disabled
DebugEnabler has nothing to do with shift+click stuff. All it does is add extra console commands.
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#305 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
I am wondering though whether you could really add a quest, or anyway an INTERESTING quest, with just XML modding.
The only thing not really contained in the quest XML files are the roles (what controls appearance, naming, gender, etc, for NPC roles), as far as I saw. Quest files are basically a giant condition:action tree with tons of metadata.
Mad Poster
#306 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
For Testing: DTTB Converter

Thanks a lot for this. Works fine.

And there it is, the Camera XML! Even though I can read it now, I still only understand maybe half of it...bummer!

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Inventor
#307 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 8:37 PM
I've updated the DTTB Converter to v1.0.1 which fixes some outstanding format issues (see update note there).

@zano972: Have you tested the latest Testversion of S3PE? I can export all xml files in version s3pe_11-0326-1530. There is an even newer one out, which I assume also works.

@Shimrod101: Thanks for the response! I was wondering if someone got it to work And yes, once I got this to work, I took a look at the Lot_xxx_Developed_CameraData of the Wizard Tower, but didn't immediately see how the camera restrictions work. It'll take some testing to figure it out, I guess. But I'm confident (hopeful!) something can be done.

@Rick: The roles are in S3_0333406C_00000000_6E67D6367C2DD378_Roles%%+_XML.xml.
Giblets for hire
Original Poster
#308 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@Rick: The roles are in S3_0333406C_00000000_6E67D6367C2DD378_Roles%%+_XML.xml.
RoleDefinitions.xml actually. Roles.xml is something else. I've (lazily) been working towards a hack to make it so we can extend the role definitions without having to override RoleDefinitions.xml.
Test Subject
#309 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 9:16 PM Last edited by IvanaZagreb : 7th Apr 2011 at 9:17 PM. Reason: Spelling
Hi guys! I'm sorry if this has already been asked but Rick i did a google search and I still couldn't find a guide on how to use the BuyDebug Mod. Is there a way to put the inventory items in the heroes inventory? I've tried to find the Arcane Edge in the game but I think I made my heroes go on a stroll for like a hundred times and I still can't get the darn thing! Is there a way I can use the one in BuyDebug and how do I do that? Thanks in advance, I am really impressed by you guys who can make mods!
Instructor
#310 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 9:21 PM
In buy debug I don't get the items names, just a string of meaningless numbers and symbols, is this happening to anyone else?

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Test Subject
#311 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 9:22 PM

Could be you are Shift-LEFT clicking when you are suppose to be Shift-RIGHT clicking (like you have to in order to add sims to your active household for example)

Assuming you have your commands.ini modified (or Treeag's TestingCheatsEnabled mod installed) of course.
Lab Assistant
#312 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexpilgrim
In buy debug I don't get the items names, just a string of meaningless numbers and symbols, is this happening to anyone else?

Yes I have seen this as well, I believe this is entirely normal behavior though as the items wern't expected to need names to show.
Instructor
#313 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 11:32 PM
Yeah, that makes sense, though they bothered giving names to debug objects in TS3...

Test Subject
#314 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rick
DebugEnabler has nothing to do with shift+click stuff. All it does is add extra console commands.

Oh I'm really sorry I got it all wrong. I was talking about the reset sim/object etc functions and assumed they came with DebugEnabler

Quote: Originally posted by PyroPete
Could be you are Shift-LEFT clicking when you are suppose to be Shift-RIGHT clicking (like you have to in order to add sims to your active household for example)

Assuming you have your commands.ini modified (or Treeag's TestingCheatsEnabled mod installed) of course.

Shift right click did add sims to the active household but no menu opened, ever.
I changed the language of my game to english in the Windows registry and now it's working just fine (besides the fact that I barely understand my game anymore)
I have no idea what's wrong and why it is only doing it in the french version, and don't possess the knowledge to investigate, so it's ending now for me. Thanks for trying to help
Lab Assistant
#315 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zano972
Hi all,

As you know it - I think - the actual version S3PE version isn't able to extract all the resources out of SM's package...

<snip>

Also is there an another tool we can use to get all the SM ressouces out of their originals packages ???

Thanks for answers and nice day to all.

That happens to me, too--and yes, I have the latest test version. (Have they even released anything other than a test version in the last year? ) It's the Preview pane (or related logic) that causes the exception. Turn off the Preview:

Lab Assistant
#316 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 8:40 AM Last edited by Azureale : 8th Apr 2011 at 10:45 AM.
Shift right click did add sims to the active household but no menu opened, ever.

Same here. No menu in the French version of the game.
When I shift right clic it adds or remove Sims in French and English version.
If I shift LEFT clic nothing happens in the French version but I do have the menu poping up in the English version.

edit : could it be because we use caps lock and shift a different way ? Maybe the keys (caps lock and shift) aren't assign the same way.
Field Researcher
#317 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 10:23 AM
I'm creating a new set of heroes: the latest ones again have the blu eyes bug. I noticed that they became blu when i saved my sims, or when you choose a new outfit from in game interaction. But when using edit in CAS of Treaag the custom colors works. How i wish that in edit in Cas can be used for adding clothes and saving sim! This will fix the problem!
Lab Assistant
#318 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 12:04 PM
Hi all,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post - but I keep thinking about the issue with annoying NPCs swarming everywhere in the hero's private rooms and using his things. I noticed that most NPCs - except for the monarch's councellor, for some reason - do not use the hero's bed. Everything else, but NOT the bed. So I'm wondering, maybe there's a sort of "private" flag set on the beds? And maybe that flag could be "exported" to other objects or, even better, to entire rooms? Although I'm not sure whether there really are "rooms" that the game recognizes as such ...
Also, maybe if it were possible to gain some access at least to the doors in this remnant sims 3-build mode -thingy I saw around the forum, they could somehow be altered there, to be lockable?
And lastly, there seem to be a lot less NPCs at some locations, the sorcerer's tower for example. There must be something, some sign or whatever that draws them to the other places - like in Sims 3, where you have these "visitors not wanted" / "visitors wanted" flags for community lots.

I know, not too interesting, these little findings, but since I really REALLY hate those invading NPCs more than anything else, I wanted to try at least to be as helpful as my little self can with getting rid of them ...
Instructor
#319 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 12:55 PM
I hardly ever get visitors at the Knight's barracks, though it's lavishly decorated with bookcases and super-comfy chairs, and the whole town is swarming in my poor blacksmith's bedroom... interesting point you got about this Tiinii. Actually I wouldn't mind if no NPCs came to my Hero's houses, except for those strictly necessary for gameplay or quests...

Lab Assistant
#320 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 1:03 PM
@ Alexpilgrim, yep, I could completely do without them, too. And I also noticed that about the Knight's barracks. At first I thought maybe only lots with community functions get that many NPCs, but that doesn't really explain why they are pestering your poor blacksmith, does it? Haven't played that hero yet, so I don't know about his lodgings.

I also think the massive number of NPCs hanging around does cause some lag, another good reason to reduce them ;-)
Instructor
#321 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 1:09 PM
Yes, now that annexing new territories the Throne Room takes soooo looooong to load!!!

Lab Assistant
#322 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 1:34 PM
@velocitygrass

Quote:
I've updated the DTTB Converter to v1.0.1 which fixes some outstanding format issues (see update note there).

@zano972: Have you tested the latest Testversion of S3PE? I can export all xml files in version s3pe_11-0326-1530. There is an even newer one out, which I assume also works.

I'am already running the latest version of BTTD Converter and S3PE (Front-end Distribution: 11-0402-0951
Library Distribution: 11-0402-0951)...

But no matter, I'm trying to find why I get this error... Thanks and so long

If you want to know your future...create it!
Test Subject
#323 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tiinii
Hi all,
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post - but I keep thinking about the issue with annoying NPCs swarming everywhere in the hero's private rooms and using his things. I noticed that most NPCs - except for the monarch's councellor, for some reason - do not use the hero's bed. Everything else, but NOT the bed. So I'm wondering, maybe there's a sort of "private" flag set on the beds? And maybe that flag could be "exported" to other objects or, even better, to entire rooms? Although I'm not sure whether there really are "rooms" that the game recognizes as such ...
Also, maybe if it were possible to gain some access at least to the doors in this remnant sims 3-build mode -thingy I saw around the forum, they could somehow be altered there, to be lockable?
And lastly, there seem to be a lot less NPCs at some locations, the sorcerer's tower for example. There must be something, some sign or whatever that draws them to the other places - like in Sims 3, where you have these "visitors not wanted" / "visitors wanted" flags for community lots.

I know, not too interesting, these little findings, but since I really REALLY hate those invading NPCs more than anything else, I wanted to try at least to be as helpful as my little self can with getting rid of them ...

It's so horribly annoying. I was doing the Heir quest, and after my poor King spent ages just trying to catch his beloved to socialize with her enough to woo hoo (she kept going to market and was un-selectable) by the time he finally had her happy and ready in the royal bedroom they kept getting interrupted! Over and over again, each time he would try to woo hoo, some random person hanging out at the castle would come into his bedroom and use his chamberpot. -_- (A few sims wound up being sent to the stocks after that.)

There should really be a way to lock the doors, or even just admit family only (ie. castle staff).
Lab Assistant
#324 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
Edit in CAS problem solved. It is was a problem with the .dll. Works great with Rick's!

Where can I find Rick's .dll ?

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
Mad Poster
#325 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 4:05 PM
Speaking of cameras, here's a couple interesting views from the wizard's tower:

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Page 13 of 24