Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 4:39 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default items not showing up
ok i just got kitchen and bath interior design stuff, and when i installed it the clothes show up in the game but none of the objects will show up, swtf?

if you fail, just hit something.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 5:36 AM
incase it helps anyone, i followed all the directions related to installin expansion packs on this site. and well no luck. well this game is used.

maybe i can download the items and stuff that supposed to be in the game from somewhere, since its installed and not showing anything new in the game?

Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 9:20 AM
What do you mean the game is used? Borrowing and installing a game is illegal. You need to purchase your own. It would also be illegal for anyone to provide you with the items that aren't showing up. Buy and install your own copy of the game first and if you still have issues we'll go from there.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 6:45 PM Last edited by gracik05 : 19th Jun 2008 at 7:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by JLonier
What do you mean the game is used? Borrowing and installing a game is illegal. You need to purchase your own. It would also be illegal for anyone to provide you with the items that aren't showing up. Buy and install your own copy of the game first and if you still have issues we'll go from there.

sorry i mentioned trying to borrow items from you guys.

see i got it from goodwill, and that makes it a legal copy.
and some other info is when i go to SimPE to see the items they show up there but the pictures dont show in the object catalog. and the item
shows up in the preview screen, is that weird?

i tried to make a clone of it and well it dont work in the game.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 8:54 PM
Is there a catalog entry at all for the items? Is the issue that there is a blank thumbnail? I'm not sure what you mean by the preview screen, but maybe a reinstall of the stuff pack would be in order.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Is there a catalog entry at all for the items? Is the issue that there is a blank thumbnail? I'm not sure what you mean by the preview screen, but maybe a reinstall of the stuff pack would be in order.

preview screen as in simpe. its what you used to preview the mesh before
making a package out of it. the object catalog picture is the picture inside
of SIMPE. when you click the tab to so you can recouler/clone the objects.
you see all the items there. but the pictures are red x's in it.

again they do not work in the game. i tried uninstalling it twice. i followed the help thing on TSR.com and that didnt help either.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 10:08 PM
Ahh, now I understand- the thumbnails in SimPE show but nothing at all in the game. When you uninstalled and reinstalled, did you check that the registry keys for the pack were removed fully, and that all of the files were deleted? Try also a local (manual) install of the stuff pack:
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cf...li=&p_topview=1
http://www.modthesims2.com/wiki.php..._Help:Uninstall
The fact that the items are showing in some form in SimPE show that some files are there, but I'm guessing that either the game is not registering correctly (the registry keys) or else the files are not copying correctly. Make sure all traces of the stuff pack are gone before reinstalling.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 1:16 AM
that process didnt work either. and when i uninstalled it everthing did get get
uninstalled. but not only did the objects not work, the clothes dont work either.

im clueless.

Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:47 PM
Quote:
i tried to make a clone of it and well it dont work in the game.

This makes me wonder if you're trying to create a disk image so that you don't need to use the disk. If so, you need to install the stuff pack correctly without use of no-cd cracks.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by julianarosalia
This makes me wonder if you're trying to create a disk image so that you don't need to use the disk. If so, you need to install the stuff pack correctly without use of no-cd cracks.

well im using a cd crack for the pets version. since thats the one plays the game. so maybe thats it?

i have all the disks that came with all the expanion/stuff packs.

Theorist
#11 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 5:41 PM
check the folders / collections section in game. it has its own symbol with a glittery background

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
retired moderator
#12 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gracik05
well im using a cd crack for the pets version. since thats the one plays the game. so maybe thats it?

i have all the disks that came with all the expanion/stuff packs.

We don't support No-CD cracks, so until you have the game installed correctly we can't help you.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by julianarosalia
We don't support No-CD cracks, so until you have the game installed correctly we can't help you.

didnt know that, well saturday my brother is bringing my disk back to me, so im gonna try that and see what happens, alright?

tizerist: i coudnt find the collection folder.

retired moderator
#14 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 4:55 PM
That's fine. Just let us know what happens when properly install the stuff pack.