Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Third Person Mod

by QuackGames Posted 3rd Apr 2019 at 9:04 PM - Updated 8th Aug 2019 at 1:54 PM by QuackGames

281 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 180 Feedback Posts, 100 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 12
Inventor
#151 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LiveWire-093
This mod sounds amazing! I was wondering if this would work with controller support. (for controlling the sim)

You can map keys to buttons using XPadder. There's a tutorial HERE that explains how to set it up.

Quote: Originally posted by RibbonKitten
God it seems like there is more you CAN'T do vs what you can do in this mod. Still holding out hope. I personally don't care if it ends up being a core mod in the end.

It's okay to give suggestions, but you're bringing someone's work down. What don't you try and develop a better version of third person control?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#152 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 7:31 PM
best mod thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#153 Old 10th Apr 2019 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElliLumiCreate
Sims Lost Complete free will, even after removing the mod even. any suggestions?

(it's an awesome mod though, so thanks)

If you want your Sims to have free will (with or without the mod), just go to Options -> Game Options and uncheck the box "Disable autonomy for selected Sim or pet". Make sure that the overall free will is also set to High. Let me remind you that the mod only recommends disabling free will, it doesn't in any way force you to disable that setting, neither it blocks you from enabling it back. So removing the mod wasn't at all necessary. Your Sims can have free will with the mod installed no problems.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#154 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 6:02 AM
I'm using this mod in Boroughsburg, it looks like a completely different game. This is really awesome.. Thank you!!!
Mad Poster
#155 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
I'm using this mod in Boroughsburg, it looks like a completely different game. This is really awesome.. Thank you!!!

I thought you said you don't have TS3?

@QuackGames what are your plans for this mod next?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#156 Old 11th Apr 2019 at 5:49 PM
Default Translation
Polish translation
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ThirdPersonStrings_PL_pl.zip (1.1 KB, 24 downloads)
Description: polish translation for the mod
Scholar
THANKS POST
#157 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 8:34 AM
Hi. OMG this is such an awesome mod. Thank you so much.

Have you considered flying options? Yea like fly to places using a jet pack or witch broom. I think that would be awesome in an open world.

Thanks again much for this mod.
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 8:46 AM
Just a minor suggestion, but what do you think of using the lifeguard swim style when pressing shift while the sim is in water? It could be like the swim version of sprinting!
Mad Poster
#159 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 1:18 PM
@SpinningPlumbobs, OP stated few pages earlier that:
Quote: Originally posted by QuackGames
Actually I deliberately took that off in favor of the "Soaked" mechanic. Where if you enter the ocean using any clothing that isn't swimwear, your Sim will get the "Soaked" moodlet, which expires 2h after you've left the water.

I believe that The Sims 3 Island Paradise is required so that the lifeguard swim animations work properly. Which is, unfortunately, a problem because I want to maintain the core functions of this mod base-game compatible.

Top Secret Researcher
#160 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 3:07 PM Last edited by mixa97sr : 12th Apr 2019 at 10:01 PM.
Maybe make island paradise update version for people who have that game? But for sprinting in water alone it's not necessary.

EDIT: Reporting a bug, and it's probably routing related but, my sim did not want to stop when I let go of W until she hit a fence on another lot and that's when the game just stopped responding. Not as a windows process but, it just stopped for 15 minutes till I decided to shut it down manually.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#161 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 12:47 AM Last edited by QuackGames : 13th Apr 2019 at 1:02 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
@QuackGames what are your plans for this mod next?

I'm currently working on my game project (which you can follow the development over at my twitter page), but I will still update this mod from time to time. I've read all suggestions you guys made. Some of them are feasible, but unfortunately most of them are not. At least not in the near future. I will however still be on the look out for quick bug fixes and things that may improve the overall quality of the current functions this mod has. So if you guys have feedback on those, please do comment or contact me about them. However, adding big new features such as first person camera, controlling cars and boats, underwater controls, or even flight controls are not my top priorities as of right now. This might change a few months down the line, but right now my top priority is to finish my current indie game project.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#162 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 1:06 AM
Dreams becoming true <3
Mad Poster
#163 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 7:21 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 13th Apr 2019 at 7:51 PM.
Can and may you make garage door compatible ? I had to open them manually as they don't do open and my Sim couldn't walk pass through it. (Still wishing you could queue up for the elevator that way, but I would be asking too much). Also, could locking camera onto Sim be optional? Maybe it defeats the point, but the camera may sometimes feel like a rollercoaster in certain points. Though leaving it as an optional option (via right clicking portraying, again If possible with the engine limitations) shouldn't hurt. Afterall, it's third person mod rather first, therefor shouldn't zooming out far distance be an option as well? It may become annoying when your screen moves adjustent to Sim movement, and I believe you gave edge scrolling support within update, so why not provided more compatibility?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#164 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 8:43 PM Last edited by QuackGames : 13th Apr 2019 at 9:24 PM.
Can and may you make garage door compatible ?

I understand that some doors can't be passed through. That's because the game doesn't actually see them as "doors". Garage doors, World Adventures "Hidden" Tomb doors and Supernatural bookshelf doors are some examples of doors that aren't actually doors. I would have to create an exception case for each and everyone of these objects, each of them would have to be handled differently. This could potentially mess the behaviour of every other regular door. So yeah, it's really not that simple. I'll still see what I can do about it though.

Also, could locking camera onto Sim be optional? Maybe it defeats the point, but the camera may sometimes feel like a rollercoaster in certain points. Though leaving it as an optional option (via right clicking portraying, again If possible with the engine limitations) shouldn't hurt. Afterall, it's third person mod rather first, therefor shouldn't zooming out far distance be an option as well? It may become annoying when your screen moves adjustent to Sim movement, and I believe you gave edge scrolling support within update, so why not provided more compatibility?

If your Sim is spinning around a lot or in a crowded area, the camera can in fact become a problem. I advise you to simply deactivate third person on those situations. At least until it becomes confortable again to use it. That's precisely why I made the transition between activating/deactivating the mode to be so seamless. Unlocking the camera in third person would create the same result as disabling the third person mode entirely, which already is a feature. You can also zoom out the camera to a pretty far distance as it is. So I really don't understand what you're asking here. These features are already in the mod.
Inventor
#165 Old 13th Apr 2019 at 11:32 PM
Unlocking the camera in third person would create the same result as disabling the third person mode entirely, which already is a feature. You can also zoom out the camera to a pretty far distance as it is. So I really don't understand what you're asking here. These features are already in the mod.

I think some people, including myself, would like the ability to control Sims directly using WASD AND have the camera behave the same way it does in the normal Sims mode. I don't think it should be too hard to implement ONLY your custom locomotion system with the standard camera. This mod is already great, one of the best mods I've seen, but it could definitely use some freedom for players to TUNE IT according to their preference, whether is max zoom in/out distance, angle, or disabling the camera locked on Sim, etc. For what I've seen, you already made your mod tunable, as it is the standard for script mods, but you didn't add any tunable values.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#166 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 8:04 AM Last edited by QuackGames : 14th Apr 2019 at 8:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
I think some people, including myself, would like the ability to control Sims directly using WASD AND have the camera behave the same way it does in the normal Sims mode. I don't think it should be too hard to implement ONLY your custom locomotion system with the standard camera. This mod is already great, one of the best mods I've seen, but it could definitely use some freedom for players to TUNE IT according to their preference, whether is max zoom in/out distance, angle, or disabling the camera locked on Sim, etc. For what I've seen, you already made your mod tunable, as it is the standard for script mods, but you didn't add any tunable values.

Oooooh, I get it now. I actually agree. I'll see what I can do about this.

EDIT: Done!

2019.04.14:
Added Alternative Camera. You can now press "Alt + C" to switch between third person camera and the alternative regular camera while in third person mode.

Tell me what you think.
Test Subject
#167 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 9:47 AM
Am I supposed to use the "QuackGames_ThirdPerson_Jazz" package, the "QuackGames_ThirdPerson" package... or perhaps both?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#168 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gogosOVS
Am I supposed to use the "QuackGames_ThirdPerson_Jazz" package, the "QuackGames_ThirdPerson" package... or perhaps both?

Both.
Mad Poster
#169 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien

Yeah, that.
Oooooh, I get it now. I actually agree. I'll see what I can do about this.

EDIT: Done!

2019.04.14:
Added Alternative Camera. You can now press "Alt + C" to switch between third person camera and the alternative regular camera while in third person mode.

Tell me what you think.

Wow for the followed update announcement pertaining minor tweak Thank you for this quick update. Almost was about to load the game without checking this.

Mad Poster
#170 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 3:02 PM
My Sim can't get downstairs using spiral ones :/

Also, a trick: you can have pregnant Sims swim in oceans

Top Secret Researcher
#171 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 3:03 PM
Oh my... now I can move the camera around with the mouse and still follow the sim with right click. This perhaps might feel even more natural to the way I'm used to play third person perspective games. THANK YOU!
Mad Poster
#172 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 3:14 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 15th Apr 2019 at 2:56 PM.
Dunno If it has to due with my rig, but my Sim can still walk pass through walls and sometimes be stuck in them :/ Is quite hard to cope with that. Again, thank you for the camera option. Very appreciate it.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#173 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 10:07 PM
DUDE!
THIS IS- THE COOOLEST!
*COOLEST* THING ON EARTH!
Test Subject
#174 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 10:20 PM
Default European Portuguese translation
I swear, last month I was searching for something like this, it had yet to be done, congrats!
BTW did an European-Portuguese translation, just to pitch in and help! (not that it was really necessary, but in ts3 both portuguese languages are present)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ThirdPersonStrings_PT_PT.zip (996 Bytes, 38 downloads)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#175 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 7:08 PM
Oh, hello again! Can you add Jogging? (to play sports or do some tasks)
Page 7 of 12