Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Third Person Mod

by QuackGames Posted 3rd Apr 2019 at 9:04 PM - Updated 8th Aug 2019 at 1:54 PM by QuackGames

281 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 180 Feedback Posts, 100 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 8 of 12
Test Subject
#176 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 10:45 PM
I have a problem with using this mod, whenever I click F1 third person doesn't activate.
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QuietBowTie
I have a problem with using this mod, whenever I click F1 third person doesn't activate.

Have you tried using Shift + Tab instead?
Top Secret Researcher
#178 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 2:22 PM
The game has to be running in order for the mod to start working as well. The camera shift and direct control wont happen if the game is paused.
Test Subject
#179 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SarteLindsay

No but i'll try (sorry for the late reply)
Test Subject
#180 Old 19th Apr 2019 at 10:00 PM

It worked! Thank you. :D
Lab Assistant
#181 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 9:12 PM
Sims 4 version somewhere?
Mad Poster
#182 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 1:59 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 22nd Apr 2019 at 2:12 PM.
Would it feasible to create an addon or devoted mod so that it enforces the restriction limitation so the Sim can't walk/run/swim off the world beyond the boundaries they aren't allowed? This would somehow reduce the chance of Sim resetting by Nrass. Or speaking of that, I think you could focus on another priority aspect (if you're open to it of course; not trying to sound pushy/winy and If I do I didn't mean it) of finding ways to reduce the likehood (think of a pack tweak mod) of TPM pushing the Sim into the risk of getting stucked and therefor reset. Just my personal suggestive feedback, If you're open to it. I'm fine If you do mind making such change, because the mod is great as it is (though could use a bit of improvement, as it always has the room for) Creating mods/addons that affect gameplay outside this mod but still pertains to suit it for improvement would also be another step/project thing. I still hope TPM gets its deserve untuitive new interaction menu that pops up within Sim's close radius like in consoles. Would it be really cool If the system was based off and utilized the interactive career queue drop-box menu

Another thing, why not include player-personal customization options for the mod? Sort of like "Nrass" interaction, but could be accessibly by clicking on the ground? I'm sort players would appreciate it and could give their own ideas what these options could be? I would sort of like I way to enable "Activate/Deactive current Sim autonomy upon toggling on /off TPM respective" which I know not everybody would want it. It would be much intuitive without going to Options MENU (inevitably putting gameplay in halt), turning the autonomy on and off everytime with a hassle when alternating between modes.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#183 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 10:58 PM
This is AMAZING, holy crabcakes.

Is there any chance of a setting for us left-handed mouse users, though? WASD is awkward for my poor hand
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#184 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Would it feasible to create an addon or devoted mod so that it enforces the restriction limitation so the Sim can't walk/run/swim off the world beyond the boundaries they aren't allowed?

That sounds more like a bugfix update than an addon, and yes it's feasible. Though currently you can't walk/run off the world bounds, you can only swim out. I didn't really care to enforce this limitation because I see this as a player choice. It's not like the mod pushes your Sim out of the world, which would be a problem. You are the one who is knowingly going out of bounds (maybe just to see what happens), and I think that's okay, since nothing serious can come out of it. Most of the time your Sim just resets. And if you went too far you can simply use the "resetsim" cheat code (or Nrass MC).

I think you could focus on another priority aspect (if you're open to it of course; not trying to sound pushy/winy and If I do I didn't mean it) of finding ways to reduce the likehood (think of a pack tweak mod) of TPM pushing the Sim into the risk of getting stucked and therefor reset.

Could you maybe exemplify some situations where the mod pushed your Sims into getting stucked? I did test this extensively and all of the stuck cases I've caught were rightfully fixed.

I still hope TPM gets its deserve untuitive new interaction menu that pops up within Sim's close radius like in consoles. Would it be really cool If the system was based off and utilized the interactive career queue drop-box menu

Another thing, why not include player-personal customization options for the mod? Sort of like "Nrass" interaction, but could be accessibly by clicking on the ground? I'm sort players would appreciate it and could give their own ideas what these options could be? I would sort of like I way to enable "Activate/Deactive current Sim autonomy upon toggling on /off TPM respective" which I know not everybody would want it. It would be much intuitive without going to Options MENU (inevitably putting gameplay in halt), turning the autonomy on and off everytime with a hassle when alternating between modes.

It may not look like it, but these kinds of menus are actually a lot of work to make. Especially the interaction menu like the ones in the consoles. These fall into the "big features" thing I talked about a few days ago. I'm very much open for the idea of making them and I think it would be very cool to include them in this mod, but it's simply a lot of work that I can't do right now. Maybe a few months from now I might have the time.
Test Subject
#185 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 4:18 PM
Default I'm confused
It doesn't work in my game, what am I doing wrong? I moved the package files to my mods folder, but nothing is happening. I even changes the language to english instead, and that didn't work either
Mad Poster
#186 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 2:28 PM
Well, how about it notifying when and If Sim has walked off the boundaries? My Sim did manage to walk away up a hill in SV, where I started to notice you can't click to direct sim go there the typical point-and-clickl means.

As for the issue I had experience, my Sim had been reset couple of times when (I believe) swimming in particular. Honestly I'll have to do more testing and possibly recording the gameplay as I wouldn't be able to remember and describe in detail.

Mad Poster
#187 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iamleah
It doesn't work in my game, what am I doing wrong? I moved the package files to my mods folder, but nothing is happening. I even changes the language to english instead, and that didn't work either

It doesn't activate. Obvious (duh) solution, but have you tried holdingto press F1 key down and ctrl/alt or held down tab and press shift (works vice versa as well)?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#188 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iamleah

If you have successfully installed the mod, the following message will appear as soon as you load the game for the first time:

If you have seen this message, just hit F1 or Shift + Tab and the third person mode will activate.

If you didn't get this message, it means that you didn't install the mod correctly. Make sure you placed BOTH package files into your mods folder. If you need help installing mods, click here.
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 12:01 PM
Hi, do you have any information about the crashing that happens if you quit sims 3 after deactivating TPM? I take back what I said about it not being a "big deal" because it is a big deal when I keep forgetting to activate TPM before quitting.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#190 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 7:31 PM
Will you do a First Person Mod next?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#191 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 8:46 PM
Hi, do you have any information about the crashing that happens if you quit sims 3 after deactivating TPM? I take back what I said about it not being a "big deal" because it is a big deal when I keep forgetting to activate TPM before quitting.

This never happened to me. Could you give me a step-by-step way to reproduce this bug? Does simply activating and deactivating third person on your game causes the game to crash while quitting? I tried reproducing this on my game the first time you mentioned it, but to no success. My game quits normally as expected regardless of having third person on or off.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#192 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 11:28 PM
DUDE. THIS IS AMAZING!! I just tried it right now!
Lab Assistant
#193 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QuackGames
This never happened to me. Could you give me a step-by-step way to reproduce this bug? Does simply activating and deactivating third person on your game causes the game to crash while quitting? I tried reproducing this on my game the first time you mentioned it, but to no success. My game quits normally as expected regardless of having third person on or off.

Yup, simply activating and deactivating causes my game to crash. Guess it's my own problem, but do you have any idea what the problem could be besides from mods?
Scholar
#194 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 9:17 AM
Yup, simply activating and deactivating causes my game to crash. Guess it's my own problem, but do you have any idea what the problem could be besides from mods?

It could be a bug not related to this mod. Did this happen in other save games too? Try a new save. Also are you able to save the game without crashes? Sims 3 did have a glitch where the game crashed while saving or quitting on corrupted saves.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 1:51 PM Last edited by SarteLindsay : 29th Apr 2019 at 4:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
It could be a bug not related to this mod. Did this happen in other save games too? Try a new save. Also are you able to save the game without crashes? Sims 3 did have a glitch where the game crashed while saving or quitting on corrupted saves.

I can save perfectly fine. I haven't tried a new save yet, I'll try it later.

EDIT: I was being lazy so it took longer than it should have, sorry about that.
Anyways, a brand new save in a entirely different town with entirely different sims didn't change anything.
Tomorrow I might try playing with minimal mods. I know it says that it shouldn't conflict with other mods, but I think it would be worth checking out.
Top Secret Researcher
#196 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 11:53 PM
It does the same for me. Saving upon quitting works but the game crashes when quitting. It's not a big deal so I can live with it but it's only after I installed this mod. I did not install anything else. I think it's just a simple version mismatch.

Are you perhaps on version 1.69? Because I am as well, but this mod was made for and tested with 1.67.
Test Subject
#197 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 1:47 AM
Default Chinese Simplified Translation
Just saw your Third Person mod and thought it was useful, so i translated it into chinese(simplified) (aka ZH_CN) for better use.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ThirdPersonStrings_ZH_CN.zip (961 Bytes, 46 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#198 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 4:20 AM Last edited by SarteLindsay : 4th May 2019 at 5:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
It does the same for me. Saving upon quitting works but the game crashes when quitting. It's not a big deal so I can live with it but it's only after I installed this mod. I did not install anything else. I think it's just a simple version mismatch.

Are you perhaps on version 1.69? Because I am as well, but this mod was made for and tested with 1.67.

I am on 1.67.

EDIT: I just tried playing the game with minimal mods (Master controller: cheats and integration, Overwatch and Errortrap) and of course TPM, it didn't change anything.
Top Secret Researcher
#199 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 11:25 AM
Well, then. But we still have the same problem. Weird.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#200 Old 2nd May 2019 at 1:10 AM
I just saw and tried this mod now!
Don’t know if they were routing issues with the world I tried or not, but when in third person my sim got stuck mid-floating when approaching the edge of a balcony. And I noticed he can easily walk into closed elevators and showers.
Also, when I tried to cross a bridge the sim just sank along with the terrain, eventually swimming in the river. I tried walking on pathways but with no result.

This one I think is a problem with the world: sometimes my sim just hit invisible walls when I went roaming in open areas, but when given the input to walk using the normal mode he continued walking just fine ._.

Anyway, the concept of this mod is fantastic, it puts you into a whole new perspective to play the game, I love it and can’t wait to see more!
Page 8 of 12