Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#6876 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 5:57 PM
Speaking of community lots and "bills", what's up with that? In some worlds, owning community lots produces less income than the total bills for Monday and Thursday! Is this an XML tweek or what?
Advertisement
Instructor
#6877 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
I know you shouldn't convert counters to package format from sims3pack, but what else is on the break list for conversion?

Let me get this straight, every counter that i have installed with CCMagic is broken??

I need a cigarette
dodgy builder
#6878 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeltingMagnetz
Let me get this straight, every counter that i have installed with CCMagic is broken??

Mostly before the Pets expansion, but I have noticed some new kitchens by ShinoKCR (I used her a lot) with broken textures. I don't believe she's the only one and it's probably nothing to do with her quality of work at all. You don't need to worry about it that much, because you will notice
Test Subject
#6879 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 4:29 PM
I thought it broke the auto corner feature as well, but this might be a stupid answer.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6880 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 4:56 PM
Yes, converted counters can have a broken auto-cornering, broken auto-connect and you might also end up with unCASt-able counters that might crash the game when you try to CASt them nevertheless.
dodgy builder
#6881 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
might crash the game

If that's the case it's probably better to be safe than sorry.

I don't really care. I'm just building and finding it a bit amusing until I make videos. Then I have to work a bit to find the right route for the camera, and that's not quite as amusing. My downloaders will do it right and not have those problems.

I think it's more annoying having tons of kitchens I can't use in this project.
Lab Assistant
#6882 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 5:36 PM
How come there are trick or treaters showing up at all times of the year, and not just in the Fall? :P
dodgy builder
#6883 Old 9th Jul 2017 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Riesen
How come there are trick or treaters showing up at all times of the year, and not just in the Fall? :P

Because Sims is sold all over the world and in Indonesia they trick'n treat in the summer?
Top Secret Researcher
#6884 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Riesen

Trick or treating is borked. Some people get them in autumn, some get them every season, and some, like me, never get them, ever.

Quote: Originally posted by MeltingMagnetz

I took some pics of a counter that was converted by me, from Sims3pack to package. (It is by Sandy at Around the Sims.)
The first pic shows the counter losing the textures CASted by me, and reverting to the original ones by Sandy, on the corner piece.
The second pic is where I re- CASted it back to match.
The third pic is what happened when I removed the third counter- the one after the corner.
The fourth pic is what happens when you try to return the removed counter.
The last pic is the counter once again restored.

You can test counters one by one to see if they cause a crash, or you can leave them as Sims3packs. AFAIK, all counters that are converted display this wonky-ness, but usually can be restored. It depends on how much you dislike Sims3packs.
Screenshots

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Lab Assistant
#6885 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Trick or treating is borked. Some people get them in autumn, some get them every season, and some, like me, never get them, ever.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured
Sorry you never get them, I find them a little annoying though, but I do get a lot of them haha
dodgy builder
#6886 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
You can test counters one by one to see if they cause a crash, or you can leave them as Sims3packs. AFAIK, all counters that are converted display this wonky-ness, but usually can be restored. It depends on how much you dislike Sims3packs.

I didn't do the kind of research you have done here, but in my experience it it's not like it happens every time. Sometimes though it can be a pain to make it work.

... but I hate sims3packs more, and changing projects all the time, having to drag along cc I'm not using anymore or even make new game folders ... bah!! What a pain that is!

Not to mention having to sort out kitchens and treat them differently.
Site Helper
#6887 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 4:06 PM
I thought I remembered someone saying that any sectional item can end up having corner problems if it was converted.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#6888 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 9:36 PM
Thanks for all the answers guys and gals. Sorry, it took me so long to respond, been busy the last few days.
I wouldn't have thought not to convert swing sets....but I'm not sure I've ever seen a cc one up for download. I guess I don't play children very often.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Forum Resident
#6889 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 11:23 PM
Is it dangerous to play sims 3 with an unrecognized GPU, even if that GPU (GeForce GTX 1060) is strong enough to play TS3?

By the way, I have FPS limit on so that isn't the problem.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Mad Poster
#6890 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
Is it dangerous to play sims 3 with an unrecognized GPU, even if that GPU (GeForce GTX 1060) is strong enough to play TS3?

By the way, I have FPS limit on so that isn't the problem.

No. Most players cannot tell any difference in the quality of their game sessions one way or the other. There are some exceptions.

The only things different about the card being unrecognized generally are that (a) the default graphics settings in Game Options might be lower than one would expect, but if it accepts and keeps player-made changes to them then that hardly matters and (b) if the card is rated a bit too low as an unrecognized one tends to be, the game might unnecessarily throttle inactive sims being pushed to community lots in order to save on processor power.
Theorist
#6891 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 3:31 PM
Why is it I can delete 50 lots (many empty though) and my save goes up 7mb?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#6892 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 10:32 PM
Hi all, returning player here. So glad to see so many still interested in sims 3! I have a stupid question about university and hopefully someone knows the answer. Is there a mod or anything which would let me stop time (in the university town) so my students can have time to party their brains out, improve their skills, and still get their homework done? When I played sims 2 there was a grandfather clock you could click on to stop time, and then click it again when you were ready for them to take their finals. I want something like that so they can live in the university town for several sim-months.

I've read the last thirty or forty pages or so of this thread, googled for any relevant info, but still couldn't find the answer. (I haven't actually sent them to uni yet, so can't remember exactly how time works there but I'm assuming without a mod or something, then they've only got a few sim-days before finals. I want them to live there for a few sim-months!) Thank you for reading.
Top Secret Researcher
#6893 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 11:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrs.Rumplebottom
Hi all, returning player here. So glad to see so many still interested in sims 3! I have a stupid question about university and hopefully someone knows the answer. Is there a mod or anything which would let me stop time (in the university town) so my students can have time to party their brains out, improve their skills, and still get their homework done? When I played sims 2 there was a grandfather clock you could click on to stop time, and then click it again when you were ready for them to take their finals. I want something like that so they can live in the university town for several sim-months.

I've read the last thirty or forty pages or so of this thread, googled for any relevant info, but still couldn't find the answer. (I haven't actually sent them to uni yet, so can't remember exactly how time works there but I'm assuming without a mod or something, then they've only got a few sim-days before finals. I want them to live there for a few sim-months!) Thank you for reading.

Try http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Relativity+FAQ ?
Test Subject
#6894 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Try http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Relativity+FAQ ?

Thank you very much for your reply Emmett, I've only used master-controller, overwatch and errortrap but am willing to try something new. Have been trying to wrap my head around the page you linked but it's super confusing. Relativity seems pretty difficult, as it appears (unless I'm wrong which is entirely possible) that each individual motive gain (for example, handiness) needs to be individually altered in relation to clock speed, or something. Because changing the speed of game time automatically changes those variables so they need to be changed back. Plus all the different ways that a particularly skill (ie, handiness) can be improved has to be adjusted individually (ie, reading a book on handiness, fixing a broken appliance, watching television if applicable). Even the very bright people leaving notes over there are having a hard time understanding the basic mechanics of how the game is coding time. I don't stand a chance.

Since I was over there, (thank you again for the link!) I also took a peak at Retuner, and will try that one tomorrow when I'm not so foggy, in the hopes that I can find something easy like General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.CareerSchool > Finals >hours to finals: 162. That would be a piece of cake. Increasing the hours til finals is literally the only thing which needs to be increased. I'd up it to 10,000 and change it back when I was ready for them to graduate.
#6895 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 12:34 PM
I may be wrong but Traveler seems to give you the possibility to simply halt the time counter, making it possible to stay at University forever if you wish.
#6896 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 2:00 PM
What's the catch with the "Lonely Gargoyle" sculpture that is hidden in the WA game files? I know that Buzzler's restriction choker unlocks it but I tried to unlock it myself and failed when I edited the OBJD resource. The OBJD in fact already states that it should appear in the catalog by default but it doesn't.
Theorist
#6897 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 3:48 PM
Yep. in my recatorization mod, this has been a constant problem. I have unlocked it previously, and it showed up. but when I checked the latest update it has de-unlocked (!!) itself again. I'm trying to fix this as we speak. And yet, in my personal merged cc set that I'm currently playing in game, it shows up, using the same file to modify it.
Don, maybe it works if you put the file in your overrides folder?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#6898 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrs.Rumplebottom
Thank you very much for your reply Emmett, I've only used master-controller, overwatch and errortrap but am willing to try something new. Have been trying to wrap my head around the page you linked but it's super confusing. Relativity seems pretty difficult, as it appears (unless I'm wrong which is entirely possible) that each individual motive gain (for example, handiness) needs to be individually altered in relation to clock speed, or something. Because changing the speed of game time automatically changes those variables so they need to be changed back. Plus all the different ways that a particularly skill (ie, handiness) can be improved has to be adjusted individually (ie, reading a book on handiness, fixing a broken appliance, watching television if applicable). Even the very bright people leaving notes over there are having a hard time understanding the basic mechanics of how the game is coding time. I don't stand a chance.

Since I was over there, (thank you again for the link!) I also took a peak at Retuner, and will try that one tomorrow when I'm not so foggy, in the hopes that I can find something easy like General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.CareerSchool > Finals >hours to finals: 162. That would be a piece of cake. Increasing the hours til finals is literally the only thing which needs to be increased. I'd up it to 10,000 and change it back when I was ready for them to graduate.

The NRaas mod that will extend Uni semesters is Traveler. But I really don't think extremely long terms work out very well, it's possible that your sims will still be pulled home after 15 sim days or so.
NRaas > Traveler > University Term Length > (default is 7)
(This sets the base single-term length; afraid if you set it to something astronomically higher you will kind of be in uncharted territory and we're not sure what will happen.)

Yes, you can also pause the travel clock but I'm not sure that will pause the progression of the Uni term. That setting is really meant for vacation worlds.
Test Subject
#6899 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
(This sets the base single-term length; afraid if you set it to something astronomically higher you will kind of be in uncharted territory and we're not sure what will happen.)

Thank you very much Don Babilon and Igazor for replying and the info, I'm willing to try it! The kids still need to be aged up but suppose I could do a preliminary test on a random sim in a new game, and just let the game run unattended for a few sim-days. If it goes beyond the normal length of time, that would at least be something. I remember in sims 2, after my students stayed there for sim-months, the "game students" eventually started acting really anxious and when I finally clicked the grandfather clock to start finals, they all immediately bolted for the classroom. Thank you both again!
Instructor
#6900 Old 15th Jul 2017 at 5:07 PM
My Sim was reading to her toddler in her house with a foundation. I was not looking at her when it stopped, but there seems to have been some sort of error. I did not have ErrorTrap or Overwatch installed but I do have them now. Anyway, the issue is that my Sims cannot walk where the my Sim was reading to her toddler; it is as if they are still there reading. I can't place anything there, or delete the foundation, either. I have tried using radius purge, starting a fire, and some other things with Nraas' debug enabler but nothing seems to work. I also tried moving my Sims out and back in. Nothing seems to be working. Is there any way to remove this imaginary routing modifier (wording?) so that my Sims can now walk through their kitchen properly?

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Page 276 of 385