2 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5151 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Doesn't that already exist? Edit: It does. http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8908.0 "Female Enabled Urinal"

Ok, for that I just have to say eww. How would you aim?
Advertisement
Instructor
#5152 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
https://www.amazon.com/Jobar-Intern...e/dp/B004ANM6C8
Yes. It's a thing.
Mad Poster
#5153 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 3:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

Pfff! easy!
I mean!!! I don't know...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5154 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
https://www.amazon.com/Jobar-Intern...e/dp/B004ANM6C8
Yes. It's a thing.

Gross. 'No more dirty toilet' ah yeah, sure... lets have a dirty dripping piece of plastic instead. Lets not even think about what else woman put down toilets.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5155 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Here you go.
http://modthesims.info/d/312004

How about an update to make it work with UC? The one and only mod switching to UC broke for me . . . my kids just ignored their signs on their desks and used vanilla homework behavior.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#5156 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 6:00 AM
You think Mog already knows this?
I didn't..but then I do not have UC.

Scholar
#5157 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 9:44 AM
I don’t like my sims wasting time to put their homework in a sensible place, I just cancel the action as soon as possible so they can leave the homework near the pavement and do something else. They do it on the pavement or on the street too, depending on where they happen to sit. I admire their ability to see what they write at night with no light around

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#5158 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 11:26 AM
You think Mog already knows this?
I didn't..but then I do not have UC.

I doubt it. She's listed as not having logged in for an extended time.

Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
I don’t like my sims wasting time to put their homework in a sensible place, I just cancel the action as soon as possible so they can leave the homework near the pavement and do something else. They do it on the pavement or on the street too, depending on where they happen to sit. I admire their ability to see what they write at night with no light around

Do you have a hack that allows them to cancel it? I've never been able to; they just ignore me.
Inventor
#5159 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
How about an update to make it work with UC? The one and only mod switching to UC broke for me . . . my kids just ignored their signs on their desks and used vanilla homework behavior.

The mod does work with UC. It is possible for already placed locators to "break", however. I ran into this problem recently. I don't know if it was caused by the installation of a new mod or what, but several of my kids suddenly stopped bringing their homework to their assigned desks. The solution was to sell, re-buy, and reclaim their locators. If you have newly placed locators not working then it may be a mod conflict.
Instructor
#5160 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 11:31 AM
They do it on the pavement or on the street too, depending on where they happen to sit. I admire their ability to see what they write at night with no light around

Not to mention the paper that doesn't disintegrate, or ink that doesn't run, in the rain.

Glad I'm not the only one that has school kids doing their homework sat on the pavement!

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Scholar
#5161 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 11:37 AM
@Charity I don’t think I have any mod related to it, I just cancel the at school action after they got off the bus and that makes them leave their homework on the ground.

Simblr
Mad Poster
#5162 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
The mod does work with UC. It is possible for already placed locators to "break", however. I ran into this problem recently. I don't know if it was caused by the installation of a new mod or what, but several of my kids suddenly stopped bringing their homework to their assigned desks. The solution was to sell, re-buy, and reclaim their locators. If you have newly placed locators not working then it may be a mod conflict.

Well, everything worked before I switched to UC, same mods. Since I switched to UC to get the stuff packs I didn't have (Ikea, H&M, FF), but I had all expansions and M&G before, all my mods should have still worked. The only one that stopped working was this one.

Scholar
#5163 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 8:42 PM
I’d like a mod that would make sims autonomously read skill books. That’d save me from a lot of cancelling their actions and directing them to read the skill books.

Simblr
Alchemist
#5164 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 9:01 PM
This was actually inspired by someone saying it would be annoying if this happened, but I'd actually like job interviews. Not completely realistic ones. I'd have the Sim go off lot to the rabbit hole, and the Sim would be given two or three chance cards about how they'd handle certain problems. Those answers along with high school/college grades, skill points and having friends/connections in the business would determine whether or not the Sim is hired.
just a girl
#5165 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 9:15 PM
Voeille,
This sounds like it would take changing a few digits in a file or adding a few lines in a function. I'd be surprised if no one have done it.

omglo,
Cool idea and I have a feeling it's actually doable.

What hack I'd like to see I'm doing myself :D
Scholar
#5166 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 9:17 PM
I’d like that, but without being influenced by their amount of friends, it’s annoying and unrealistic enough that you need to befriend lots of random people to get a promotion. I know there’s a mod that makes the amount of friends irrelevant for promotions, but then it’d be too easy to be promoted. I’d prefer a mod that’d make the amount of friends irrelevant, but also increased the amount and level of needed skills.

Simblr
Mad Poster
#5167 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 9:28 PM
It'd be nice if you got contacts from work, sims in the same or related fields, and those sims were the ones you had to befriend to get promoted. This would not be compatible with games that people have no townies and only a few sims, but for those of us who play megahoods or have a cast of thousands of townies, it would be a neat way to force sims to make connections with people they should logically know.

Mad Poster
#5168 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
This was actually inspired by someone saying it would be annoying if this happened, but I'd actually like job interviews. Not completely realistic ones. I'd have the Sim go off lot to the rabbit hole, and the Sim would be given two or three chance cards about how they'd handle certain problems. Those answers along with high school/college grades, skill points and having friends/connections in the business would determine whether or not the Sim is hired.

That was me, lol.
Mad Poster
#5169 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 9:30 PM
Quote:
I'd like that, but without being influenced by their amount of friends, it's annoying and unrealistic enough that you need to befriend lots of random people to get a promotion. I know there's a mod that makes the amount of friends irrelevant for promotions, but then it'd be too easy to be promoted. I'd prefer a mod that'd make the amount of friends irrelevant, but also increased the amount and level of needed skills.

While I do have that mod to make friends irrelevant to job promotions, I've taken to make it harder to get promotions by putting on certain restrictions (and not through a mod, either)-by make them actively roll the want to increase the skill they need-don't make them do it unless they want to. If they're motivated to learn it, then they'll be motivated to get promoted. Why waste the time and effort if they don't care? Because usually, when they roll the want, and have gained the skill level, the desire to be promoted will usually follow. They're rewarded for being motivated that way.

So it does mean that they'll stay at that level until they're sick of being low on the totem pole.

There is also a hack that restricts the skill levels by Ancient Highway, so you can set it to a preferred level and they'll never get past it until you choose to , and likewise, there is a hack that stop all promotions.

I don't use them very often as I find most of my pixels are pretty laid back and don't care if they do get promoted-unless they're fortune aspiration, and those are the most motivated to do anything.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#5170 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 9:55 PM
@FranH that’s an interesting idea, but it wouldn’t work for me – I want each sim to max out all skills and get to the top of their career as soon as possible.

Simblr
Forum Resident
#5171 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 10:06 PM
I’d like a mod that would make sims autonomously read skill books. That’d save me from a lot of cancelling their actions and directing them to read the skill books.

iCad has done that: http://dramallamadingdang.tumblr.co...re-and-thereive
Mad Poster
#5172 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 10:12 PM
Oh wow..but where is the download link/button on that page? I hate simblr...I have No clue how it works. lol
Oh, I found it..my gawd....so tiny.

Top Secret Researcher
#5173 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 10:14 PM
Oh wow..but where is the download link/button on that page? I hate simblr...I have No clue how it works. lol

Towards the bottom of the text. "Download here or here" the word here being in bold.
Scholar
#5174 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 10:19 PM
@stitching Great, thank you

Simblr
Alchemist
#5175 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 10:27 PM
I’d like that, but without being influenced by their amount of friends, it’s annoying and unrealistic enough that you need to befriend lots of random people to get a promotion. I know there’s a mod that makes the amount of friends irrelevant for promotions, but then it’d be too easy to be promoted. I’d prefer a mod that’d make the amount of friends irrelevant, but also increased the amount and level of needed skills.
I didn't like the friends requirements at first, but then I came around on it, because you often can get promoted if you're well liked at work or if you make friends with the right people. It would be better, to me, if Sims had to make friends with Sims in their own field, but most Sim neighborhoods aren't populated enough for something like that.
Page 207 of 582