Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 7:58 PM
Default ''WTF!?!'' Moments?
Had something happen to you, or something you saw that just made you think: WTF!?
For example, today I was in a corner shop in my school uniform, when this kid who goes to my school, born and raised in Britain, came up to me and said 'Hey, another kid from Bohunt, hi!'
Not too weird, right? Well, the kid speaks in an American accent, he has never even been to America...I mean, WHAT!?!
If you think I should change the title to 'What the heck moments' I will, but I have never said what the heck in my life. =3
So, ever had a 'WTF?!' moment?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 9:28 PM
I was standing in line at a public place. This little old woman comes in the door, looks around for a minute, and as the person using the facility finished this 70+ year old harridan cuts in front of me walks in and shuts the door. I was standing there for like twenty seconds with my mouth hanging open going "WTF" in my head. And I said "what the hell" out loud.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
#3 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 9:49 PM
Hahaha, I have an excellent one. Highschool has it's hilarious moments. Me and my friend were on our way to the nurses office from the gym because she was feeling really under the weather and she needed cold medicine. So, we go into the nurses office, she takes some medicine and we leave. As we're walking out of the office, we notice these really young kids (Probably Freshman age...really young looking anyway. ) who are standing there with, no lie, huge clear garbage bags on. There was a face part cut out but the rest of their bodies to their knees were covered in these clear bags. So we just kind of stare for a second, and then we start to walk away. My friend turned to me and asked if she was halucinating. As we're making our way to the gym, a huge stampede of these baggie children come running towards us. So we stopped and it was kind of one of those jaw dropping what the hell? moments. And they just kept coming, I swear there was at least 30 of them.

We lovingly refer to that time as 'The Running of the Human Condom Children.' So bizarre. I think it was a science experiment of some kind.
#4 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 10:09 PM
This pic says it all. I found it online, it was so 'WTF'y I had to share:
(sorry for large pic)

http://shadowdane.shackspace.com/pics/wtf_fortune.jpg
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 10:11 PM
ZOMG! I'd say WTF too... seeing an infinite series on my fortune cookie! XP

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 10:17 PM
I still remember a totally hilarious thing that happend when I was a kid. It was a really bad winter and over the night it had snowed so much that the snow reached all the way to the first floor of the buildings, so around noon, everyone was out in the parking lots trying to remove the snow from their cars and the driveway. So, while everyone was digging away throught the snow, out of nowhere appear these two guys dressed in nothing but their underwear running as fast as they could through the snow, one holding a kettle of strong fuit liquor and the other one a bottle of wine. It turned out they had made a bet, but it was so funny to watch.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 10:30 PM
I was walking home from the High Street one day, when something behind a bunch of shops distracted me. There was an oil tanker from Shell Oil parked out back, and written on the front was 'Emo Oil'. I had to take a double take just to check if my eyes were telling the truth.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#8 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 10:56 PM
LOL SilentPsycho, emos are everywhere now, aren't they?
#9 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
I was walking home from the High Street one day, when something behind a bunch of shops distracted me. There was an oil tanker from Shell Oil parked out back, and written on the front was 'Emo Oil'. I had to take a double take just to check if my eyes were telling the truth.

LOL! I saw one of them trucks early last January walking 4miles into town. I wish I had my camera then
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by callum91
LOL! I saw one of them trucks early last January walking 4miles into town. I wish I had my camera then

There's always at least one of those parked there. Next time I'm heading to town, I'm going to take my camera.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Field Researcher
#11 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I still remember a totally hilarious thing that happend when I was a kid. It was a really bad winter and over the night it had snowed so much that the snow reached all the way to the first floor of the buildings, so around noon, everyone was out in the parking lots trying to remove the snow from their cars and the driveway. So, while everyone was digging away throught the snow, out of nowhere appear these two guys dressed in nothing but their underwear running as fast as they could through the snow, one holding a kettle of strong fuit liquor and the other one a bottle of wine. It turned out they had made a bet, but it was so funny to watch.

Eh, LOL, that's a typically Portuguese - Well, I've heard that Romanian culture, has, curiously, many similarities with the Portuguese one, which is quite strange, when we see that both countries, probably, only share the language root.
#12 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SwirlyHill
Had something happen to you, or something you saw that just made you think: WTF!?
For example, today I was in a corner shop in my school uniform, when this kid who goes to my school, born and raised in Britain, came up to me and said 'Hey, another kid from Bohunt, hi!'
Not too weird, right? Well, the kid speaks in an American accent, he has never even been to America...I mean, WHAT!?!
If you think I should change the title to 'What the heck moments' I will, but I have never said what the heck in my life. =3
So, ever had a 'WTF?!' moment?

American parent/grandparents?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Connectzeedots
American parent/grandparents?

Nope, pure British. The reason he gives is that he watches alot of American TV shows...well, so does everyone, but we have English accents. 0_o
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#14 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 8:40 PM
At one point several years ago, I was working a retail job where I dealt with customers all day. One day, this 40-something woman comes in, walks up to me, and immediately begins chattering cheerfully about random people at me... as if she knows me. I stood there blinking and staring and had to stop her after a minute, going, "Erm, I'm very sorry, but... do I know you?"

She gets a look on her face at least as confused as mine and says, "You're my niece... my sister's daughter..."

Now we're -both- confused as hell, and I shook my head and said, "Erm, I don't think so... I only have one aunt, and she lives in Texas, and... you're not her..."

Mind you, this was a very cool store I worked for, and I was, well, dressed in hot pink and purple, with my curly fluffy hair dyed bright purple, dark eyeliner, and... I don't think I really have that generic a face - not likely to be mistaken for someone else. She stood there staring open-mouthed at me, and finally said, "You look -exactly- like my niece, Suzie. Are you -sure- you're not her?"

I nodded and assured her that I knew who I was...

Then later, at that same job, one of my coworkers mistook me for -the very same girl- who apparently hung out at a club that I had been to several times, dressed like me, and apparently even -acted- like me.

Somewhere in south Florida, I have an exact duplicate. Wish I could have met her... but, then, my narcissistic streak might have kicked in and I'd have tried to ask her out.

~*~

Later, living in Canada, several bizarre things:

One... Darth Vader playing the fiddle which I got to witness with my own two eyes... walking down the street downtown and there's... well... Darth Vader, playing the fiddle... and not half bad either... It was one of the most delightful things I'd ever seen.

Two... random guy sitting in a tree playing a digeridoo (sp?). People walking by, not even looking at him, taking utterly no notice of this guy playing away on his digeridoo in a tree.

Three... a white van parked at the end of a street I went down a lot. Completely white all over, except for about a foot high horizontal stripe of black across one back door. On this stripe, written in white, were the words "WHITE STRIPE." This struck me as extremely odd every time I passed it. I would sometimes stop and stare and wonder. It was a black stripe, not a white stripe. Why was there a black stripe? Why was it mislabeled? Why was it labeled at all? One day I noticed the van was idling, that it had a driver in it... I ran up before it could pull away, and knocked on the window. The driver rolled down the window and looked at me curiously, and I breathlessly asked them what the heck was up with the not-white-but-black stripe, that it had confused me every time I walked past. He cracked up laughing and explained that he had done it randomly one day years and years previously just to be kind of weird, and that he'd always wondered if anyone appreciated the strangeness, but that nobody had ever asked before.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#15 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 8:47 PM
@HP: Ha, that's funny! At my school there's this girl who looks almost exactly like me, and we're not even related, but we're really good friends! People often think we're sisters...
Field Researcher
#16 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 9:01 PM
I apearantly have 2 twin brothers in school, that i'm not related too, they were both in the same class as me and the first day of school our class teacher walks in aand is like: "are you 3 triplets???" we all three on the same momet, euhm, WTF??? we aren't even related...
now everybody is like talking to me:" hey i didn't knew he had a twinsister?"
well, he doesn't, I just look like the guy will you now stop bothering me???
#17 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 1:47 AM
About half an hour ago there was an earthquake that made me think WTF. Majorly. I thought I was tripping or something, it was weird cause the whole room shook. Its on the news now, ooh.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 2:11 AM
I used to work in a JoAnn Fabric's store (many, many moons ago) and I had these two women come up to the cutting counter calling me "Violet" and going on and on about how I should never have dumped poor Roger and that it served me right to have been double-crossed by the doctor. I was all WTF? until I realized that they were confusing me with a character I portrayed in a theatrical production two years earlier. I had to politely explain that *I* was not "Violet," but I was very flattered to have them remember my performance.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Field Researcher
#19 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Haylifer
About half an hour ago there was an earthquake that made me think WTF. Majorly. I thought I was tripping or something, it was weird cause the whole room shook. Its on the news now, ooh.

LOL, so, you felt itIn another forum that I'm active, another English guy was talking about it, and since there were another English guys there, they all joked at him, saying that it was probably a, well, a fart from him^^ Because they haven't felt itThe guy says he woke up with the earthquake
Alchemist
#20 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mokado
LOL, so, you felt itIn another forum that I'm active, another English guy was talking about it, and since there were another English guys there, they all joked at him, saying that it was probably a, well, a fart from him^^ Because they haven't felt itThe guy says he woke up with the earthquake

yea there was an earthquake, i live in cheshire in england and i felt it too, it woke me up!
#21 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 3:21 PM
I go WTF every time I have to ride the bus around here. There is a agreed fee, I'm sure, but depending on the bus drivers mood or something, (?) you pay different sums every time. So, when me and my husband went to the nearest city together, same bus, we actually did pay different fees for the same trip. His ticket was cheaper for some reason. Extremely annoying. WTF!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 4:05 PM
Yup, I sure do! Let's see... the last one was when I went to church with my daughter and hubby. Daughter was wearing a beautiful blue dress that looked soooo lovely on her. Made her blue eyes just shine! But we kept getting comments on how cute our little boy was! Yup... I really would put a boy in a frilly princess dress. *shakes head*
#23 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikisazombie
Yup, I sure do! Let's see... the last one was when I went to church with my daughter and hubby. Daughter was wearing a beautiful blue dress that looked soooo lovely on her. Made her blue eyes just shine! But we kept getting comments on how cute our little boy was! Yup... I really would put a boy in a frilly princess dress. *shakes head*

Yeah, if the clothes are blue, some people just immediately assume its a boy.Thats so silly...
#24 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 3:47 AM
WTF moments..oh mannn do I have a lot of those @_@! I'll share some...

So today I went to town with my two friends scarlette and suzanna, and we decided to go to this pancake place. We ordered, and soon enough we got our dinners. Now remember we're all 16...When scarlette got her pancakes she stared blankly at me and said "...Can you cut my pancakes? My mom always cuts my food for me" Suzanna and I exchanged wierd glances and then we all laughed hysterically afterward.

One time I was sitting in english class, waiting for the bell to ring minding my own business. All of a sudden my teacher comes up to me from out of no where, and starts asking me if she could listen to my iPod...I mean, I dont really know her, I dont really even LIKE her and shes going to ask to listen to my iPod..? I swear she has no life..

***This Next One Is Slightly Explicit***

Because they couldnt fit freshman health into my schedule last year when I was a freshman, they had to put it in this year. So im a lowly sophmore in a class made entirely of freshman. They're way more clueless then I thought. My teacher is trying to teach us about the well..you know female parts. So shes going on and explaining where the babies come out from. So a kid raises his hand and says "Oh so thats where the pee comes out too?". So my teacher says no, it doesnt come from there. I would ASSUME the kid would know enough to get where else it could come from, but no, hes too dumb for that. So he raises his hand and says; "Soooo girls pee out their butt?"
I was like -HEADSLAPPP- x]
Inventor
#25 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AnythingButOrdinaryPlease

One time I was sitting in english class, waiting for the bell to ring minding my own business. All of a sudden my teacher comes up to me from out of no where, and starts asking me if she could listen to my iPod...I mean, I dont really know her, I dont really even LIKE her and shes going to ask to listen to my iPod..? I swear she has no life..

Maybe she was just showing some interest? Maybe she was currious to what the kids are listening to these days? Maybe she's interested in buying an I-pod and wanted to test one out? Maybe... just maybe... Teachers are people too?

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Page 1 of 4