Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 9:28 PM
Default Custom wall texture? (not pattern)
I think I have a pretty good handle on making custom patterns for the Sims3. However, and maybe I'm missing something here, I can't figure out how to make a custom wall texture. The idea here is that I'm trying to use textures to create simple architectural elements such as moldings, shutters, etc.

So, is it possible to create a new wall texture? For instance, a brick wall with shutters on it. Then, I could create a custom pattern for it. Does this make sense?

SimSchnaps
Artisim Homes
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 9:46 PM
I don't know if that can be done. You might be able to make an object with the shutters on it. Take a look at what Fresh-Prince is doing here:
http://nene.modthesims.info/showthr...5#startcomments

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 12:41 AM
I was very much afraid that this wouldn't be possible. For me, texturing is easier and safer. There is much less risk of custom textures ruining someones game like custom objects can.

It would be very unfortunate if a custom texture was not possible. I used some of these texture tricks in the sims 2 and was quite fond of the results.

Can anyone else confirm if this is possible?

SimSchnaps
Artisim Homes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 7:09 AM
Anyone?

SimSchnaps
Artisim Homes
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 5:28 AM
Can't you do this with S3OC and clone a wall texture?