Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 7:26 AM
Default Birthday Cake Problem
Hi All

Every time I get my Sims to bake a cake they take a slice out of it, As a result I can not place candles on it. How do I get them to bake a cake for my child's birthday that I can use?

Thank you
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 7:33 AM
Feed them completely full before they bake the cake. They won't take a serving if they're not hungry at all. Alternately, you could try this mod: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589977
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Taube
Feed them completely full before they bake the cake. They won't take a serving if they're not hungry at all.

I'm with you on this. Problem is, some people still have this happening when their sims are fully satisfied. (this is why the mod you linked to has been created obviously)
My guess is that it's probably mod related. People who experience this *bug* probably all share a specific mod in common, that we, who do not experience the bug, don't have in our Mods folder.
That'd be interesting to start a poll to verify this.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I'm with you on this. Problem is, some people still have this happening when their sims are fully satisfied. (this is why the mod you linked to has been created obviously)
My guess is that it's probably mod related. People who experience this *bug* probably all share a specific mod in common, that we, who do not experience the bug, don't have in our Mods folder.
That'd be interesting to start a poll to verify this.

It's a known bug from the latest patch, it was actually featured in toddler stream itself! They couldn't show an age up because the sim took a slice right away. lol

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Scholar
#5 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 6:15 PM
All you do is put the entire cake in your Inventory as soon as it baked. They can hardly take a slice out of there.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
It's a known bug from the latest patch, it was actually featured in toddler stream itself! They couldn't show an age up because the sim took a slice right away. lol

Then I should have this annoyance as well. I do not.
That happened only twice in my game so far. Both times, the mom was hungry. basically, this mod is not something *I* need.
last play session, my sim got invited to her friend's BD party. I accepted, then got there and no one was home. lol
That friend of hers lives with her husband, and he was also at work.
So I thought..hey!..while waiting for her to come back from work, I'll bake her a BD cake.
So i did just that. Then I asked my sim to add candles to it. having that bug, I could not have done this.
it was kind of funny though..because when the party girl came back from work, she was so tired that my sim had to wake her up to *celebrate*
*slice of life...*

Scholar
#7 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 6:54 AM
Then I should have this annoyance as well. I do not.
That happened only twice in my game so far. Both times, the mom was hungry. basically, this mod is not something *I* need.
last play session, my sim got invited to her friend's BD party. I accepted, then got there and no one was home. lol
That friend of hers lives with her husband, and he was also at work.
So I thought..hey!..while waiting for her to come back from work, I'll bake her a BD cake.
So i did just that. Then I asked my sim to add candles to it. having that bug, I could not have done this.
it was kind of funny though..because when the party girl came back from work, she was so tired that my sim had to wake her up to *celebrate*
*slice of life...*

Some bugs don't show up for everybody. You can watch the stream yourself and see I'm not lying. Also alot of simmers that doesn't use mods have reported it on the official forums.

Simblr
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 1:22 PM
I never said you were lying. I am seeing this with logic, nothing else. If patch/EP or else from EA has a bug in it, then everyone who updated to the said patch, have installed that said EP, should then get the bug as well. I am not a supernatural being, and my computer does not have a bug-free component. There has to be another factor to this bug, or even a combination of factors, Something I do not meet in order to get this bug.
Unless you can explain why some bugs would not show up for everyone?

Scholar
#9 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 2:35 PM
I never said you were lying. I am seeing this with logic, nothing else. If patch/EP or else from EA has a bug in it, then everyone who updated to the said patch, have installed that said EP, should then get the bug as well. I am not a supernatural being, and my computer does not have a bug-free component. There has to be another factor to this bug, or even a combination of factors, Something I do not meet in order to get this bug.
Unless you can explain why some bugs would not show up for everyone?
It's always been that way, that some bugs show up for some but not for others, even when they have the exact same game. Why certain bugs appear for some while not for others is due to how data is handled in the game code. That's why sometimes bugs can disappear or appear when someone starts a new save. It's a bit of a mystery, but it's always been that way. Also, it's right there in the stream.

Simblr
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 2:38 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 17th Feb 2017 at 3:02 PM.
Well, I could have come with the same conclusion. I am not convinced though.No real explanation here. This is still taking some without proof fact, for granted. But if this satisfies your curiosity, good for you.
yes, the live stream. Still no logical explanation as why i do not have this, and it still doesn't make this appear in my game, whether the people who make this stream has it or not.
My computer should still handle the data in the game code as any other computer does.

Scholar
#11 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 8:59 PM
Well, I could have come with the same conclusion. I am not convinced though.No real explanation here. This is still taking some without proof fact, for granted. But if this satisfies your curiosity, good for you.
yes, the live stream. Still no logical explanation as why i do not have this, and it still doesn't make this appear in my game, whether the people who make this stream has it or not.
My computer should still handle the data in the game code as any other computer does.

@Rosebine there's an open bug report on this issue here: Answer HQ English>The Sims>The Sims 4 Bug Reports>[COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Food - so, this is a genuine game problem. One workaround is to make sure the Sim baking the cake isn't hungry, so they won't steal a slice.

I haven't had a birthday in this save, because I play long with aging off, so I can't speak from my own experience - but, a quick look around Google confirms what's posted on Answers HQ.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 2:23 AM
I never said it was not a bug, people, or that I didn't believe people were having it. All I am saying is this has to be a combo of things creating this bug. i thought maybe it was caused by mods, but people without mods are still experiencing this, so mod related is discarded. Could it be an EP? One that I do not have?..No clue. But it definitely not happen to everyone, and this is worth investigation according to me.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 3:53 AM
No, you never said it was not a bug. You said "it's probably mod related. People who experience this *bug* probably all share a specific mod in common, that we, who do not experience the bug, don't have in our Mods folder." and then you said "people without mods are still experiencing this, so mod related is discarded." which was no news flash because it's already known that it's not mod related. Then you asked "Could it be an EP? One that I do not have?" and since you only have three S4 games that might be an answer, except as a well-seasoned player- of previous iterations of the game- you should remember that not everyone gets the same bugs, even with the exact same computer builds and game installations. It is how it's always been, since S1 and seems to be the case now, so it's really not a clear cut answer to the problem.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 4:31 AM
I was not aiming for any news flash. lol Just saying I stand corrected, admitting I was wrong. Funny how people see whatever they want to see huh?
But that's fine with me. I do not have this happening in my game, so I'll just stop caring and try to help, it is not appreciated anyway!
not mod related, can't be an EP combo and a patch..must be patch only. K! No trouble. Which means, people with only the base game must be experiencing it as well, and I guess you can also prove this right?
have fun with your bug. I am no longer concerned.