Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 8:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets
Too much glow and shine, not enough shadowing
I have a GTX 660 and I have enabled FPS limiter in Nvidia settings and the game settings, the fps cheat shows 59/60 fps and my temps are fine, I'm running high settings and everything is fine. I have some questions about the graphics, though.

Is this normal?
1) Hair in CAS is very, very shiny.
2) Everything glows. If my sim drinks juice, the juice emits orange light.
3) Water, like swimming pools, makes objects behave like they would have contact with that water. This is most notable in Bridgeport when you see water through windows.
4) Map mode has very low quality roads and shadowing.
5) Sky has edgy shadows like on the left of this picture: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb.../Bridgeport.jpg
6) Black things aren’t all black but show weird shadowing much like in this picture: http://na.lvlt.sims3store.cdn.ea.co...ail_300x300.png
If you don’t see anything wrong with the tv pic, it's because there’s too much light.

With shadows and shadowing I don’t mean actual shadows, they’re fine. I just don’t know how to call it. Rendering, I guess? I don’t know. Think if you save a picture of a color wheel and save it in wrong format so it looses some colors. And that remainds me that the problem is present in the game’s color piccer with dark hues. Oh well..

If glow and poor shadows are the price of good graphics, I’m very happy with the direction The Sims 4 went. But if this isn’t normal, is there anything I could do about it?

Thanks in advance! And sorry if this is somewhat messy post.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 9:02 PM
The thing you mention about water sounds pretty standard - rendering translucency is tricky, and both TS3 and TS2 have slight graphical weirdness when you have two bits of translucency one in front of the other (that includes water, windows, glass in things like showers, hair alphas etc).

Not sure about the rest, would need pics like nitro says.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.