Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 8:29 AM Last edited by HopeAK : 17th Jun 2015 at 8:09 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Delphy`s Dashboard, "Bad compression flag" message- SOLVED
Hi!
I need some help with Delphy`s Dashboard!

What does the message "Bad Compression flags ved Mad Science. Wrappers. Database. Packagefile. Read(Stream input, Boolean throwerror" mean?
I only get it if I scan larger files, but not if I scan the same files individually…. Does it warn about any harm in the files? Because I have not encountered any downloads marked as corrupted, only this message. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 10:30 AM
Try running your files through the compressorisor, if that doens't work they may just be too big for dashboard. I'm not sure what the value of scanning merged files with Dashboard would be anyway, since it could only give you details of one of the items included in the merged file, and which one it picked would be pretty arbitrary.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Try running your files through the compressorisor, if that doens't work they may just be too big for dashboard. I'm not sure what the value of scanning merged files with Dashboard would be anyway, since it could only give you details of one of the items included in the merged file, and which one it picked would be pretty arbitrary.

Thank you! My files are not merged though, by "larger" I meant more files at the same time(sorry, my bad for poor explanation)
For instance, if I scan a folder of hair, I might get the message regarding bad compression flags, but if I scan every one of the sub packages in the same folder, I do not get the error.
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 5:36 PM
When you click through the error message, you still should see the list of files in Dashboard. Compare it to the actual folder, to see if Dashboard shows them all. I had the same problem and noticed that the responsible files didn't show up in Dashboard after scanning. I read in a different thread (can't find it back) how TS4 CC can give that error in Dashboard. But I have no way of confirming if this is true. I just filtered them out and did not use the CC that gave the error.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
When you click through the error message, you still should see the list of files in Dashboard. Compare it to the actual folder, to see if Dashboard shows them all. I had the same problem and noticed that the responsible files didn't show up in Dashboard after scanning. I read in a different thread (can't find it back) how TS4 CC can give that error in Dashboard. But I have no way of confirming if this is true. I just filtered them out and did not use the CC that gave the error.

Thank you! It was the one item that did not show up, and it happend to me a TS4 item I think(by mistake)

Thank you so much for your help :lovestruc