Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 11:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default World Adventures "Freezing"
Hi there, I've tried searching on Google for possible solutions to this problem but I can't seem to find any! I currently have the original Sims 3 and World Adventures installed on my laptop. After a short while playing the game in one of the countries abroad, the game stops for about 30 seconds a time, but the trees continue to move, as does water in pools, lakes etc. It then goes back to normal for a short time then freezes again. It makes it virtually unplayable, but when I send my sim back home the problem stops.

My game is updated to the latest version and no CC is installed. My laptop specs are good; i7 processor, 8GB RAM and Nvidia Geforce GT 640M dedicated graphics card. I do not think it is a hardware fault as the laptop was purchased very recently and exceeds the minimum requirements.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 7:46 AM
Hi! Have you gone through the crash checklist? http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...shing_Checklist

playing Sims on a laptop even if the specs are good is not really a good idea. Maybe post your DxDiag system specs so we can check it out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jailomoon
Hi! Have you gone through the crash checklist? http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...shing_Checklist

playing Sims on a laptop even if the specs are good is not really a good idea. Maybe post your DxDiag system specs so we can check it out.

Hiya thanks for your reply, the game does not technically crash as it carries on working as normal after a pause of several seconds, and only happens when I send my Sims to countries abroad. I don't get any error messages or anything like that, time just stops and the sims 'freeze'. I can carry on scrolling around the area and the environment continues to move as normal. After looking it up it seems this problem affects quite a lot of people using PCs and laptops, but as yet haven't found a solution.

Here are my system specs for you to have a look at:

System
Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: Satellite P850
BIOS: 6.40
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Page file: 2946MB used, 9743MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Display
Device Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 640M)
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC Type: Internal
Device Type: Full display device
Approx. Total Memory: 1664MB
Current Display Mode: 1366 x 768 (32-bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

DirectX Features
DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled
Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled
AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled

Hopefully that's everything!