Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 10:01 PM Last edited by TheKloWn : 23rd Jun 2013 at 6:22 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons
Default Girlfriend in France is corrupted, can't end relationship. All foreign friends also corrupted. How can I remove them?
Hi,

I have a problem with Sims 3, specifically World Adventures.

I went to France and met a girl named Lea Dutiel - some of you may be familiar with her. We talked and flirted and fell in love, I proposed we go steady and we began our relationship.

My lifetime wish is Heart Breaker and as such I need to have 10 girlfriends in my lifetime, so when I was finished with Lea I wanted to end the relationship and move on.

The problem is that I cannot end the relationship. All of the icons for foreign friends (and enemies) are blank and have no faces, I can talk to any of them on the phone long distance, but if I invite them over it says that my guest will arrive at 9am. 9am comes and goes and eventually I get a message saying they cannot make it.

This happens every time!!

I decided to go to France, the game refused to load. To me this meant that the data from France was corrupted. I removed the files from my game files in My Documents and France once again loaded up. I immediately set on finding Lea, which I did and it turns out it's now a completely different Lea Dutiel in France, one who doesn't know me. I was even getting along with her husband who has been a nemesis of mine ever since I stole his wife.

All the while, the faceless icon representing the real Lea still remains in my friends list, inactive and useless, with a logo that says I'm in a relationship with her.

I uninstalled World Adventures and that seemed to work, but as soon as I reinstall it, the problem returns. I've tried all sorts of things to remove her, but to no avail. Disabling mods doesn't fix it either.

I need a way to remove all of the blank foreign friends from my game, particularly her, so that I can continue to achieve my lifetime wish.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys may be able to provide.

K

EDIT #1: I've also tried using AwesomeMod and enabling DebugInteractions. I can CTRL + CLICK on any face and delete them and change all sorts of things, but with the blank ones it just comes up with the default options; Long Distance Call and Invite Foreign Visitors. I'm at a loss...

EDIT #2: It has come to my attention that there is/was a command in AwesomeMod called dropoldloves but this command doesn't seem to work. Really need some help guys, thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 7:01 AM Last edited by TheKloWn : 23rd Jun 2013 at 8:19 AM.
I think I've solved my problem... Kind of!

All of the faceless, empty icons are still in my list of friends and are all still useless, I'd love to know how to get rid of them. However, a combination of destroyallnpcs command and buying the Clean Slate lifetime wish (done in that order), has made me single once more... though Lea remains in my list.

Although not ideal and slightly annoying, it has allowed me to continue with my life.

Thanks for taking the time to read this anyway, I'll keep checking this thread for any input, but for now the problem appears solved. I am yet to quit and reload my save to see if it is permanent, but I suspect it will be.

K

EDIT #1: After quitting and re-loading the game, I can confirm that the changes are permanent. Those broken characters in my list of friends are a little irritating though!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 4:19 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Invisible Sims and/or User Interface Issues
    If you are experiencing issues with Missing Sim(s) and / or User Interface Issues see the Game Help:UI and Sim Issueswiki Guide,
    If this doesn't resolve the issue, please answer the questionnaire and be as comprehensive as you can.

Don't know if you still need help...or if you had gone through that FAQ linked above?
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 3:21 PM
Default move the sim
this may be a roundabout and desperate way of fixing it, because you'd lose all of your relationships, but you could try moving the sim to a new neighborhood and back and see if deleting all of the relationships fixes the game.